We have recently spent 6 days in Breckenridge staying at The Village Hotel. We had not read any reviews prior to going, most likely because my husband had been to Breckenridge before and knew of the hotel location. The coach journey from Denver airport to the hotel was about 2 hours but not an unpleasant journey.
We had a liftside studio and the room was comfortable and clean. There was a small kitchen with the studio which meant we could make tea and coffee at our leisure. We intended to cook in the evenings but ended up eating out every evening instead. Breakfast was included as part of our package but there is no restaurant in the hotel so we had to go outside to the opposite block to eat breakfast but that was no issue. The breakfast was simple but ok.
The hotel is in an excellent location with only a few minutes walk to the main chairlift. Ski school is very easy to get to and was a great success for our 9 year old boy (2 of the days there were only 2 of them in his class).
The hotel staff (and everyone else) were polite, helpful and friendly at all times. We left our skis in storage downstairs over night but took our boots to the room (they do not have a heated boot room) but that was no issue.
There were 3 things in the room that we struggled with:
1. Our bed was like a waterbed, not very comfortable and every movement felt. On both sides you rolled into the middle
2. The room was very hot at night with no heating on
3. Storage space wasn't great in the room (fine in bathroom). There were very few hangers and we lived out of our suitcases for the week
Our child was on a sofa bed and that worked fine. Twice we called for help, once for a blind and once to take a big chair out as there wasn't much room with the sofa bed out. Both times someone turned up within 15 mins which we thought was quick.
The top of main street (shops and restaurants) is only a few minutes walk away. Then you can go as far down as you like. The supermarket is off main street about 10 minutes away.
If we go back to Breckenridge another time, then we would happily book The Village Hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Hotel offers all non-smoking accommodations at the base of Breckenridge Ski Resort, adjacent to the Peak 9 Quicksilver Super 6 chair lift. The Village's buildings, from lodging units to taverns and shops, surround a central gazebo and pedestrian plaza. The property includes a ski school, sports equipment rentals/gear shops, an indoor/outdoor heated pool, whirlpools, and an exercise room. Dining options include Breckenridge Cattle and Fish Company, Cafe Breck, The Park Avenue Pub, and The Maggie. The hotel offers Starbucks coffee in the mornings in the lobby, 24-hour guest assistance, a medical center, business center, and gift shops. Standard rooms located inside the Village Hotel feature Starbucks coffee service, telephone, voicemail, satellite TV, clock radio and a mini-fridge. Condo units feature the same amenities, as well as fully equipped kitchens with fireplaces and balconies in the larger suites. Newly renovated hotel rooms offer telephone, voicemail, LCD flat screen TV, and mini fridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Village Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.