“A Nice Surprise”

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here years ago and didn't like it so much. Now, many years later, the hotel has been updated and is very nice. The staff seemed to bend over backward to ensure our stay was pleasant. Within 15 minutes of entering our room, we got a phone call from the Front Desk to see if we liked the room. They even has a property manager walking around to make sure people were pleased with everything. When we said we had a problem with the heater, they said they could get a technician up right away. Clean, nice, close to everything in town!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Village Hotel. In the past two years, the Village has had an entirely knew management staff, aiming to provide and enhance every guest stay. We appreciate your feedback and that your experience with our staff was exceptional.

We hope you come back and visit us at the Village before or during our winter season!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here over the July 4th holiday in a studio condo for two nights. From the moment that we pulled into the circular drive we truly felt at home. The bellboy, Corey made our stay one to remember. He was so accommodating, offering to store our mountain bikes for us and give us tips on the best happy hours around, restaurants etc. When our parking pass did not work, he immediately went out of his way to let us into the garage, so that we were not having to wait in the circular drive. The front desk employee I believe her name was Kaitlin was very friendly and checked us in quick, we were also happy to find out that our room was ready at 10 a.m. Upon arriving in our room we discovered dog hair on the couch, bed, pillows etc. This wouldn't have been a problem for us except that I am extremely allergic to dogs. I called the front desk and Kaitlin immediately apologized and found another room for us ( next door) within 30 seconds. I can't tell you how impressed I was that she was able to accommodate us so quickly, and with a rare sense of friendliness, we really appreciated that. Our new room was beautiful, spacious, very clean and had a breathtaking view of the mountain. The hotel offered coin laundry which was a real luxury for us considering we had been camping for 3 days prior. The location was wonderful, just steps from main street and all of the shops and restaurants. Rarely have I stayed in a hotel or condo that I can say overall was a great experience. The village really tops the list for us, thank you Corey and Kaitlin for making our vacation in breckenridge one that we will never forget.

• Stayed July 2012
, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page! Corey and Kaitlin whom you mentioned are exceptional employees. We made sure to share your post with the two of them! Thank you for mentioning our staff. Our exceptional service is what we believe can truly set us apart from other properties in the area!

I apologize about the dog hair you found in the first room you were checked into. I will share this note with our housekeeping department to be sure they take an extra look for dog hair and thoroughly wash blankets and other furniture if and when necessary.

Thank you for taking the time to add this review! We hope you come back and visit this summer or winter season!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2012

The Village Hotel was very nice -- not the Four Seasons -- but nicely appointed/updated decor. small, quiet, clean, comfortable beds, in-room fridge, attentive staff, beautiful views. We slept w/the window open so we could hear the little river that ran alongside the hotel. Our room was huge. Great location just steps from Main Street. Never a wait for the elevator b/c the hotel is just 3-4 stories. There is a bar/restaurant downstairs. The only negatives: the outdoor part of the indoor/outdoor pool is tiny, and the parking lot was full or nearly so. But for the price, this was a wonderful stay. Glad I diiscovered it.

Room Tip: 2550 has a great view and is huge.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip adivisor page! You very accurately described the hotel for our future visitors. I apologize that the garage was very full. We can always accomodate your vehicle in a different garage/area if necessary next time you visit!

I'm glad you had a nice visit to Breckenridge and we hope to see you in the future! I'll be sure to share your review with our staff.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2012

As a Father's Day treat, we made a weekend of it and stayed in Breckenridge. We needed a pet friendly hotel and a space large enough for our 6 month old. The Village Hotel was quite (mud season), clean and perfectly located to Main Street. Two issues: 1.) Check in. The reception desk is not located within the hotel - it's apart of Peak 9. We wandered until a hotel employee showed us the way to the desk and 2.) Resort Fee. It's $59/day if you use or do not use the facilities. Otherwise, we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! I am glad you got to enjoy a great Father's day weekend in Breckenridge! I did want to mention, that our resort fee is only $20/night plus tax. If you book directly through Breckenridge Hospitality next time you visit us, that resort fee is included in the entire rate of your reservation.

On behalf of all the staff at the Village we hope to see you again in the future! Summer is in full bloom in Summit County!

Ginny
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Our family of four (two adults, two teens) stayed at the Village in mid-March, 2012. We had no issues at all and a pleasant stay. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Our particular condo was slightly dated, but clean and in good condition. Location, location, location is the primary reason we chose this property and that paid off with the ability to rent and store skis and boards on the ground floor of our building, and the plaza proximity to the lifts, emergency clinic (unfortunately, which one daughter needed), restaurants, etc..

Room Tip: Hot tubs are only in the Chateaux/Main Building. Keep that in mind if you plan on using them daily.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jon Z
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of everything that the Village has to offer. The main fitness center and health club is located in the Peak 9 Inn building which is the building where the front desk is located and it houses all of our studio condos. I recommend booking a studio or two if you want to be in close proximity to this amenity!

We hope you visit the Village again in the future! The warm weather is upon us!
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Must admit, I was worried about The Village Hotel. Trip Advisor reviews seemed to be a mix of everything from very positive to very negative, so it was with some trepidation that I opened the door to my room.

Was I lucky, or have things improved a lot since the last negative review? No idea, but the room I got was better than I expected. Big, by European standards, it looked recently refurbished throughout, with a large, comfortable bed, Tuscan–Italian style bathroom, fridge, coffee maker, new looking heating / AC unit, and huge flat-screen TV. Quiet location, although I did have a massive piece of heating or air-conditioning plant right outside my window; fortunately, it didn’t make noise enough to disturb me.

Hotel has great location, walking distance from the main ski lift, and from the centre of Breck. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel provided me with valet parking at no additional charge.

Do I have criticisms? A few. My bed was good, but always seemed to be badly made up, with the bottom sheet not remaining taut during my night’s sleep. That may be due to lackadaisical bed-making by hotel staff, or maybe not: my inspection suggested that my king-sized bed was not being dressed with king-sized bed linen, so no wonder it didn’t stay tucked in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on tripadvisor! I am glad you enjoyed your room and the convenience that the property provides to main street and the lifts! I apologize about your bed not being property made and I'll be sure to share that with our housekeeping staff.
We hope you return to the Village upon your next visit to Breck!
hampshire
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Booked a 4 day ski holiday whilst visiting friend in Colorado Springs,drove up from Colorado Springs late late monday night arrived Tuesday 1;30 am Valet Guy parked my truck free of charge,[incuded in the price],all staff were really polite and friendly, hotel was clean modern ,big flat screen tv, free water and coffee in room,free wifi, ski lift on the door step ,had a great ski holiday great hotel 10/10, colorado - best skiing ever !!!!!!

Room Tip: just ask staff are really friendly and will do anything to help
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank thebritishbrickie
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Village Hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The convenience of the property to main st and the lifts certainly makes for a well rounded vacation! We hope to see you again in the near future. Summer in the mountains is fantastic!