The Village Hotel
Mountain Thunder Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$239
Crystal Peak Lodge(Breckenridge)
US$322
US$292
US$265
US$240
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$156
  • Pool
Main Street Station(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$202
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$200
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$166
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat locationmain streetquicksilver chairbed was comfortablewalking distancebit datedshops and restaurantsthe staff was friendly and helpfulski gearwould stay here againski schooloff seasonbedroom condofull kitchenlifttubsskiing
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I knew this hotel was not a luxury property when I booked it as I had been there approx. five years ago, although this was a holiday weekend so the options were limited. After this stay, I would say that I can say that it is unlikely that I'll be staying here again. It’s not that anything went that wrong, it would just be worth the extra bit of money to stay somewhere nicer.

The hotel was just generally worn down – everywhere. We were not in the main building though, but in the building that Pug Ryan's is in - it seems this building might be less nice than the other building. We booked a studio condo, which might have been the problem. Our room was a handicap room with no closet and an awkward bathroom with a very loud fan that turned on every time you turned the light on. It was impossible to connect the the wi-fi, even after calling the front desk and trying both of the networks available- strength was too weak.

I would say that the front desk staff was incredibly friendly and that the location is unbeatable! The property manager was also outside in the valet area and he was very nice, which was a cool touch. I guess if price is all that you are concerned about, go for it. You’re still in Breckenridge, which is always a win!

Room Tip: I am not sure if you can control this but try and get a room in the main building as it seems that might be nicer.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. We truly appreciate the feedback and that you decided to stay with us on your trip to Breckenridge. I apologize about the issues you had during your stay. We are aiming to do some improvements in our guest rooms this upcoming off season. We appreciate your comments in regards to the service you received while staying with us! The location and staff here cannot be beat.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had seen mixed reviews of this resort and were a little hesitant in booking a room. Being in Breckenridge during the 4th of July with a dog, leaves few options. We are glad we found this one. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Jon, the valet, service was top notch. He definitely is a great front person for the resort.We stayed in a hotel style room as the condo rooms were sold out. The rooms are clean and spacious. The walls are thick enough to provide quiet and privacy. Extremely comfortable bed. Location is amazing. Close to all shops and restaurant. No need for a car. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trouteaser
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on our tripadvisor page! Your comments in regards to our bell captain, Jon, were very sweet. He was incredibly proud to have been mentioned. The staff here truly sets the Village apart. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the pet friendly accomodation too!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

My best friend from high school came to visit for the 4th of July holiday and I wanted to drive her to the mountains. I knew Breckenridge is always a great mountain town to hang out (winter or summer). So we got a last minute room at the Village Hotel. It's a perfect location - no need to drive anywhere. We walked to all the places we wanted to go - dinner, drinks, fireworks, dessert. It was great! Enjoy this anytime of the year!

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate the feedback and were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! The property is perfect to enjoy everything Breck has to offer.

We hope to see you at the property again in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The best attributes of this hotel is its close proximity to the ski slopes and to the town of Breckenridge. One of the major chair lifts and the runs that we spent most of our time on is just outside the hotel. The town of Breckenridge and most of the restaurants are also just outside of the hotel making it a very ideal location to everything you need while on vacation. I parked our car and didn't use it again until the day we left and we spent 4 nights at the hotel. We rented a studio apartment and this is where I had some concerns.The primary bed, which I believe is advertised as a queen size bed felt more like a full size bed. If it is in fact a queen size bed, then it should be replaced with a king size bed. The pillows were also very stiff and I like my pillows to be more fluffy. There was also something the matter with the thermostat in our room making it very warm. During our last 2 nights, I had to open the windows to cool the room down and to make the room comfortable to sleep in. However, this allowed us to hear all of the outside street noise as our window faced the major road that the hotel is on. The hotel has 4 outside hot tubs and one of them was inoperable. After speaking with several guests, I learned that the hot tub had been inoperable for several weeks. Not sure what it takes to fix the hot tub, but after the skiing ends at 4:30 pm each day, everyone heads for the hot tubs to relax and they can get pretty full. Having 1 hot tub that is inoperable made it necessary to cram into the 3 hot tubs that were operable. I would stay here again because I like the hotel's location to everything and I would expect the hotel to have all of the hot tubs working again by the next time I visit as well as the thermostat in the rooms. And perhaps next time I would bring my own pillows.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric P
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate the feedback. I apologize that not all four hot tubs were running during your stay. Our Health Club, where the outdoor hot tubs are located, is managed through our Homeowner's Association and is not an entity that we are directly responsible for. There are 3 indoor hot tubs that are located in the Village Hotel building too (next time, we can give you access to those!). Hopefully if you come again, there will not be those issues though. We will work to make sure problems such as that are addressed much more quickly in the future.

Thank you again for completing a review and staying with us! We hope to see you again the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The heater was broken in our room, we ended up having to leave at 1:00am and drive by down to Denver (all other hotels were sold out). The front desk guy was by far the rudest we have ever dealt with. They told us to park in the lot next store but have our car out by 8:30am to avoid a ticket. We left at 1:00am and I had a $100.00 dollar ticket. The hotel would not refund our money, still trying to dispute. Overall pathetic service and management.

Room Tip: Be aware!!! They don't care about their customers and have a no refund policy!!! We stayed in the room an hour and had to leave because the heater was broken, drive two hours back to denver, and they still would not refund.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize about the stay that you had with us. If you would like to discuss the issues further I would be happy to speak to you. Call our front desk and ask for me, Ginny. We care about each and every one of our guests' and would love for you to return in the future.