“Location, location, location”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Could not have been in a better location. Walking distance to everything. The hotel is pretty tired and in need of renovation. Popcorn ceilings, musty smell in our room, peeling wallpaper in places, threadbare carpet. Our door was near impossible to open and the AC/heat unit was possessed. Oddly, there are no curtains in the room, only blinds. You'll know when the sun comes up. The furnishings are nice and everyone was super friendly. There are 3 indoor hot tubs and a pool and hot tub outdoors. The hot tubs close at 10:00pm but we were there well after and noone bothered us. There is no room service or breakfast options. There is a restaurant that opens for dinner. We did not eat there. Far too many choices a short walk from the hotel. Our rate was $109 plus taxes and fees. For that, it was well worth it and we'd stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page. We really appreciate all your comments and feedback. The hotel is in the perfect location to get to all that Breck has to offer; and at a reasonable price for a mountain town! We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future. We will be addressing the issues in the hotel room as well.

Ginny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. They went out if their way to accommodate us in shuttling us to and from the venue even tho it was later than they normally run. Tyler waited patiently for us to say our goodbyes and was very pleasant on the drive back. Again this morning...customer service. Accommodated a late check out and Jace took us back to pick up our car.
The room was clean, pleasant, and above average for the reasonable price.
Within walking distance to everything.
Will return!!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page! It was so nice to hear that Tyler was able to take care of your shuttle needs! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back at the property in the future!

Best,
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I use tripadvisor a good deal and am usually rewarded with good experiences. This will be my worst review. The place is fine in general. The service not so much.

While they have parking in the basement of our building you must valet park....always a time waster. The person that checked us in was clearly not emersed in her job. She did not explain the wifi (the speed is unusable), and gave very poor directions to our room.

One thing I got a chuckle out of was that they automatically have you "donate" $1.00 per day to some Eco fund or you must opt out by signing a waiver at check in. I have never seen that in my life. Why not just build it into the room fee....very odd. Just kind of sets an strange tone. Nothing like putting your guest on the spot right out of the box. Kind of "would you like to donate or be a jerk", if so sign here. PS, I was a good boy and gave donation!

We have never stayed here before and will not next trip. Not a bad place just kind of not pleasant.

• Stayed July 2013
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time for writing a review on our tripadvisor page. Just an explanation in regards to the National Forest donation. Vail Resorts has a partnership with the National Forest Foundation. Since we manage mountains and properties on their land, the donation is a way to continue that partnership and take care of our natural environment. Every dollar that is donated by our guests, the National Forest Foundation matches by 50 cents. I apologize if it wasn't explained properly at check in. It is in no way an obligation that we require. Not donating is perfectly fine.

if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out to us directly!
Kansas City
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I knew this hotel was not a luxury property when I booked it as I had been there approx. five years ago, although this was a holiday weekend so the options were limited. After this stay, I would say that I can say that it is unlikely that I'll be staying here again. It’s not that anything went that wrong, it would just be worth the extra bit of money to stay somewhere nicer.

The hotel was just generally worn down – everywhere. We were not in the main building though, but in the building that Pug Ryan's is in - it seems this building might be less nice than the other building. We booked a studio condo, which might have been the problem. Our room was a handicap room with no closet and an awkward bathroom with a very loud fan that turned on every time you turned the light on. It was impossible to connect the the wi-fi, even after calling the front desk and trying both of the networks available- strength was too weak.

I would say that the front desk staff was incredibly friendly and that the location is unbeatable! The property manager was also outside in the valet area and he was very nice, which was a cool touch. I guess if price is all that you are concerned about, go for it. You’re still in Breckenridge, which is always a win!

Room Tip: I am not sure if you can control this but try and get a room in the main building as it seems that m...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. We truly appreciate the feedback and that you decided to stay with us on your trip to Breckenridge. I apologize about the issues you had during your stay. We are aiming to do some improvements in our guest rooms this upcoming off season. We appreciate your comments in regards to the service you received while staying with us! The location and staff here cannot be beat.

Thank you again.
Pueblo West, Colorado
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We had seen mixed reviews of this resort and were a little hesitant in booking a room. Being in Breckenridge during the 4th of July with a dog, leaves few options. We are glad we found this one. From the moment we arrived and were greeted by Jon, the valet, service was top notch. He definitely is a great front person for the resort.We stayed in a hotel style room as the condo rooms were sold out. The rooms are clean and spacious. The walls are thick enough to provide quiet and privacy. Extremely comfortable bed. Location is amazing. Close to all shops and restaurant. No need for a car. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Trouteaser
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on our tripadvisor page! Your comments in regards to our bell captain, Jon, were very sweet. He was incredibly proud to have been mentioned. The staff here truly sets the Village apart. I am glad you enjoyed your room and the pet friendly accomodation too!

We hope to see you again in the future!
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

My best friend from high school came to visit for the 4th of July holiday and I wanted to drive her to the mountains. I knew Breckenridge is always a great mountain town to hang out (winter or summer). So we got a last minute room at the Village Hotel. It's a perfect location - no need to drive anywhere. We walked to all the places we wanted to go - dinner, drinks, fireworks, dessert. It was great! Enjoy this anytime of the year!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate the feedback and were very pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us! The property is perfect to enjoy everything Breck has to offer.

We hope to see you at the property again in the future!
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The best attributes of this hotel is its close proximity to the ski slopes and to the town of Breckenridge. One of the major chair lifts and the runs that we spent most of our time on is just outside the hotel. The town of Breckenridge and most of the restaurants are also just outside of the hotel making it a very ideal location to everything you need while on vacation. I parked our car and didn't use it again until the day we left and we spent 4 nights at the hotel. We rented a studio apartment and this is where I had some concerns.The primary bed, which I believe is advertised as a queen size bed felt more like a full size bed. If it is in fact a queen size bed, then it should be replaced with a king size bed. The pillows were also very stiff and I like my pillows to be more fluffy. There was also something the matter with the thermostat in our room making it very warm. During our last 2 nights, I had to open the windows to cool the room down and to make the room comfortable to sleep in. However, this allowed us to hear all of the outside street noise as our window faced the major road that the hotel is on. The hotel has 4 outside hot tubs and one of them was inoperable. After speaking with several guests, I learned that the hot tub had been inoperable for several weeks. Not sure what it takes to fix the hot tub, but after the skiing ends at 4:30 pm each day, everyone heads for the hot tubs to relax and they can get pretty full. Having 1 hot tub that is inoperable made it necessary to cram into the 3 hot tubs that were operable. I would stay here again because I like the hotel's location to everything and I would expect the hotel to have all of the hot tubs working again by the next time I visit as well as the thermostat in the rooms. And perhaps next time I would bring my own pillows.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eric P
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate the feedback. I apologize that not all four hot tubs were running during your stay. Our Health Club, where the outdoor hot tubs are located, is managed through our Homeowner's Association and is not an entity that we are directly responsible for. There are 3 indoor hot tubs that are located in the Village Hotel building too (next time, we can give you access to those!). Hopefully if you come again, there will not be those issues though. We will work to make sure problems such as that are addressed much more quickly in the future.

Thank you again for completing a review and staying with us! We hope to see you again the future.