“Avoid if you want a decent nights sleep”
Review of The Village Hotel

The Village Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had the displeasure of spending my birthday weekend at the Village Hotel in Breckenridge; We lasted one night. First off, one of the two outdated elevators were broken for at least 3 days prior to MLK b-day weekend. took 30 minutes at one point and waiting on a line of people to get down the elevator. There are engineering issues with the rooms, the bathroom door wouldn't allow enough space to use the bathroom with the door shut. Sprinkler system was making banging sounds all night every hour. Air conditioner unit is 1 foot from bed; Girlfriend got sick due to air blowing on her head all night. Bedsheets had blood stains. I Called to complain and they said that all the rooms were booked,even though we checked in early and there were rooms available. Questionable staff likes to pretend that they are the hotel manager; One kid 18 years old tried to pass himself off as the hotel manager. They told me that they are not refunding the remainder of our bill when we threatened to leave. I had to go and play "what's my line" with the front desk staff in order to find a manager to get the refund prior to checking out early.
If you are going to be staying in Breckenridge, stay at a name brand hotel, Vail resorts are not upgrading this property until they start losing money and have prolonged vacancy in this building. Imust mention again that there was dried up blood on the sheets and the room looked like it needed a deep cleaning. Also, what hotel does not have blackout curtains in this day and age.

Room Tip: Rooms in the east building are sub-par. Bar is loud above east building ground floor. dont touch any...
3  Thank greenie420
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry about the stay you had with us over the weekend. I actually spoke with you directly during your stay. As I offered we would love to have you back as a guest in the future. I hope we can gain back your trust the next time you visit us.

I apologize about the issues with the elevators. It was unacceptable but, unfortunately we were waiting for the technicians to come out and they did later that Saturday afternoon.

Once again feel free to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great location only 2 minutes from base left on #9. Great friendly staff took care of our every need. Park Ave. bar was lots of fun after a full day of skiing with a very friendly staff with good drinks and food. The Village Hotel is also located 1/2 a block from Main street where there is great shopping and great food of all kinds.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's the perfect spot to enjoy the slopes and the town. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff too. It's great to see you stopped into the Pub while you were visiting too!

Hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Very convienent to the Mountain and main street. My girlfriend is a beginner skier and most of the green runs were located right at the base of peak 9 where hotel is located. One lift up for me and access to black diamond terrain. We had a car but you realy don't need one. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. If we wanted the car one phone call and our car was waiting for us downstairs. Staff very friendly and helpfull.Had few minor requests that were taken care of immediately. The room was very comfortable for hotel room with king bed and a sofa. Bathroom a little outdated and small but was not a problem. Skiing was so great that we may come back next month and stay there again!

1  Thank Bruce S
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! It is great to see you enjoyed the property, main street and of course the great ski conditions we've been having! It is a great spot to stay to enjoy all of Breckenridge. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff too.

Hope to see you back here next month!
Best,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Yeah, I thought this hotel would be great looking at the pictures online. It appeared very clean and had lots of good reviews, but so far the only "good" part about this place is the vallet... The greatest part of this experience will be leaving my filthy room.
My sheets had hair all over them and stains from something black... Unlike an ink stain, these were hard and almost crusty. Upon requesting new CLEAN sheets... I recieved one sheet. One sheet! That also happened to be dirty. My girlfriend called down and again "guest services" returned with fifteen pillowcases and no new sheets. After having to make our own bed, my girlfriend began coughing and started getting a stuffy nose. the best part is, the only thing she is allergic to is cats.... Needless to say, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone...
There are much better places for a lot cheaper that offer all the same amenities with better quality, CLEAN sheets, and amazing employees who go the extra mile to insure the happiness of their patrons.

Think twice before staying here! Actually, don't even joke about considering this place. It is awful. Possibly the worst hotel ever.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jp M
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about the experience that you had at our property. The cleanliness issues you encountered are unacceptable. We outsource our laundry and will certainly be following up to discuss your experience with them directly. I apologize that when you called down you did not receive the proper follow up service that we expect from our staff. That will be addressed as well.

If you wish to discuss anything in regards to your stay, please reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The Village Hotel is overall a pretty good place to stay. I've stayed 3 times in building 5, which is also the location of the Park Avenue Pub. The positives of the hotel are the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Being able to walk to the chair lifts is biggest benefit for me, so the location can not be beat. The hot tubs and pools are very clean and the overall cleanliness of the rooms and hotel are excellent. The only issue I have with the hotel is the paper thin walls. I am not sure if this is an issue for all of the buildings, but it is definitely an issue for building 5. I literally could hear anything occurring in our neighboring rooms, and hallways. Normal conversations happening in other rooms could clearly be understood, along with patrons walking and talking in the hallways. Literally, I could hear the clanging of metal as a patron was hanging clothes in a closet, when they closed a door in their room, running of water, turning on of a TV, and other activities I'd prefer to not mention or relive.

1  Thank John A

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. It is great to see you enjoyed your stay with us. It's a great spot to stay to enjoy the lifts, restaurants and everything else that Breck has to offer within walking distance! I do apologize about the thin walls. If you stay with us again, please ask for a corner unit and/or one on a high floor. Hopefully that may help with some of the noise issues you experienced.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

If you are looking for clean, safe, and walking distance to the lift and places to eat and shop this is the best spot for the money, especially if you can get a Groupon. Heated valet parking is included and the bar downstairs has a good breakfast buffet. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank codybravo75
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page! I am so glad you enjoyed our property - both the convenience and the value! The Groupon deal has certainly been a hit! Keep an eye out for the best available rate on breckresorts.com. Hope to see you again this season!

Best,

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My son was able to book a last-minute stay through one of the discount sites. It was a good way to "test the waters" and decide if this would be a good destination for an anniversary trip later this month. We would definitely stay there again, if the price is reasonable. Bathrooms are small, but the room was clean, comfortable, and perfect for a short stay. Customer service is exceptional!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tara G
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page! We are so glad you decided to come stay with us on your visit to Breckenridge. We hope we get to see you during your anniversary later this month! Please call us at the front desk if you are!