“Disgusting!”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Denver, Colorado
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

It takes a lot to really gross me out and write this strong of a review, but this places deserves it. When I arrived, I thought it was going to be a nice stay. The valets were friendly and I checked right into my room. That is where it all went downhill....

The room size was alright. The stains covered much of the carpeting though. Some of the stains were more visible that others, but there were plenty of them. I was also surprised how hard it was to find a power outlet. I had to use the outlet in the bathroom sink area because I couldn't find another open one. With the days of digital devices, I would put having accessible power outlets toward the top of the list. While plugging my phone into the outlet, I noticed what appeared to be something smeared around the sink. My best guess is that it was a lot of excess clear silicone caulk that was just smeared around the sink and left there. (at least that is what I hope it was...) I tried to look at the map/brochure they had in the room, but after I realized how it was slimy and gross, I decided I could find the information on my phone.

I looked into the bathroom and noticed I would be fortunate enough to shower with many other people's hairs. I can deal with a stray hair or two, but this shower offered them in all shapes and sizes. It was also very awkward trying to step around the toilet and into the tub. They really didn't plan the layout very well.

After my "amazing" shower, I decided it was best just to go to bed. I didn't look too closely at the sheets because I just wanted to sleep. When I awoke, I noticed the comforter was actually just covered by a sheet, not a sealed piece. I then noticed there was dried blood and other stains all over the white comforter. I checked myself and my nose to make sure I hadn't been bleeding. Sure enough, I got to sleep in someone else's dried bloody, soiled sheets. I can't tell you how thrilled I was with this revelation.

I had enough with the room at that point and just had to get out of it. I packed up all my stuff and left. I decided after a little while to call the hotel and at least tell them about the issue so the next guest didn't have to deal with it. I explained the bloodied, stained comforter and how it desperately needed cleaning. The response was, "OK." There was not even an apology for the experience. I wasn't asking much, just for the room to be cleaned for the next person. It was truly shocking the lack of attention that was paid to it.

I would highly recommend you do not visit this hotel unless filth is your thing. If you are into that, then by all means stay here. I hope this reviews saves another from the same experience.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here, best advice you can get.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Blake W
Kamila C, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Village Hotel. We appreciate any and all constructive criticism from our guests. We sincerely apologize that the unit was not up to par when you arrived. Our housekeeping supervisors and Front Desk managers are aware of your comments, and have taken corrective actions to improve future guest experiences. It is absolutely not a normal practice for us to operate this way, and I apologize that we had this lapse of service. All the issues will be working on - we adding additional outlets, new carpet schedule for placing in hallways and all room carpet sto be proffesional clean.
Thank you again for taking the time to post this review!

Kamila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

This hotel is located in a great spot for accessing Breckenridge ski area, but the property is in desperate need of maintenance. The carpets are downright nasty, doors stick and don't open or close properly, bed linens are stained. Ugh. Stayed here for a wedding (rooms blocked at a reasonable rate) but would NEVER choose this place on my own. Do yourself a favor and find a decent hotel even if you have to pay a little more.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer L
Kamila C, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear guest!
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you have had with our property. We appreciate your feedback and honesty. We are currently looking into different carpet upgrades and furnishings for the hotel and hope to have them in place before the next ski season. We certainly consider all of these comments and hope we can improve our accommodations to your standards here in the future!

VH managment

Travellers are raving about these Breckenridge hotels

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this through a third party site during a recent family road trip and was pleasantly surprised. It was conveniently located a few blocks from the adorable main street restaurants and shops. There was a decent pool area with a sauna, steam room and four hot tubs. The kids were thrilled! The room and amenities were nothing fancy, but everything was clean and well appointed. Hotel staff was very accommodating. We were just passing through for a night and this hotel worked great for our needs.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Kamila C, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We are glad you decided to stay at the Village Hotel for your trip to Breckenridge! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We truly aim to go above and beyond in providing exceptional service for all of our guests. We also appreciate your feedback in regards to our guest rooms'.We hope to see you soon!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked this hotel for two nights (Thu/Fri). The weekday rate was better than the Friday rate and all in all it averaged around $200/nite with tax and resort fee (mandatory $20/nite) for a classic king room. Although I would have liked to pay less I left satisfied. It was clean and
not too loud (rooms next door) and in a GREAT location to tour the shops/restaurants in Breck.

Pluses:
Great free internet room and helpful staff.

Minus:
Air conditioner was really loud and the elevator carpet was really off putting due to its stained/shabby nature.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. We are so glad you enjoyed our facility, the convenience of our location and our staff! We hope you enjoyed the great town of Breckenridge and please think of us if you wish to return during ski season! It's just around the corner.Elevator carpet its schedule for replacment in coming week!

Snowmass Village, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would rate this hotel reasonable and average. Even though it was disclosed in before renting, charging a resort fee feels like a scam. What is a resort fee besides a way to charge more but doesn't show up in the online sort?

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Steve81615
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate all feedback you provide.If you plan to come back please book directly through Breckenridge Hospitality , that resort fee is included in the entire rate of your reservation.

On behalf of all the staff at the Village we hope to see you again in the future! Summer is in full bloom in Summit County!

Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

When staying in resort towns like Breckenridge, it can be a challenge to find affordable lodgings. The Village Hotel is more affordable than many places in Breck but seems tired and in need of some repairs and updating. So it might be a case of "you get what you pay for," (but the price isn't insignificant.) The location is very good, and beds comfortable, so it can work if you aren't particular.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate all feedback and are glad to see you enjoyed your stay. The Village certainly is in the most convenient location with so much to do right outside the door. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future!

Thank you again for taking the time to post this review!
Pueblo, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Based on cost, the Village Hotel provides older rooms that are small, outdated and the overall stay does not equal the cost charged. Location is great but that is the only good thing about this property.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Robert S
Kamila C, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest

I apologize for the dissatisfaction you have had with our property. We appreciate your feedback and honesty. We are currently looking into different upgrades for the hotel and hope to have them in place before the next ski season. The Village certainly is in the most convenient location with so much to do right outside the door. I hope you consider staying with us again in the future!