We stayed for 2 weeks in May, which is the end of winter and the beginning of the off-season. During this time most of the town is closed, so restaurants, shopping and activities are limited. Overall the resort was nice (view, location, décor), but there were several issues during our stay.
There were quite a few maintenance issues in our unit (shower door didn't seal causing large slippery areas, drawers not closing, balcony door stuck, heater torn apart, TV remotes didn't work, light cover damaged, dishwasher leaked, etc.). Some of it was fixed, but basically we were told that they are in the process of renovating and they are going to gut the room after we left and there was no point in fixing things for our stay. I was shocked! Not even any attempt to make our stay more comfortable or compensate us for the inconveniences. Additionally there were materials, furniture, etc. all over the garage and loud construction noises during the days.
We had a package delivered to the resort and informed the front desk and they never told us it had arrived. Then when we got the email notification of delivery we asked them and they said it was there and if we wanted it to come get it. Wow. There was zero customer service from the front desk for anything and no concierge or help in finding things to do in the area. We had used the business center PC to print out some tickets and found years worth of other guests personal documents saved and in open view (tax forms, bank records, etc.). They obviously don't respect your privacy or safeguard your information.
The parking garage (which you need to use in the winter) is so cramped you can't maneuver safely and it is one-way without a loop, so you have to back up and twist around to get to the exit gate.
When we had called the resort prior to booking we had asked about the pool being open since it was still snowing a bit and were told it was open and accessible through and indoor area. Turned out that it was owned by the neighboring HOA and they had closed it for the off-season, leaving nothing for the resort guests. There were some ground floor units with private hot tubs, but we were not offered one of those.
Maybe it is better during the winter season and after they finish renovating, but my expectations from a Hilton Grand Vacations Club property were not met.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge is located in Breckenridge, Colorado at the base of peak 9, just two blocks from Main Street. Valdoro Mountain Lodge features one and two bedroom suites, with a gas fireplace and full kitchens. Two outdoor whirlpool spas are just steps from the spa and fitness center. A game room for children, a relaxing sauna, and many other activities await you in the splendor of the Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Valdoro Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Breckenridge
- Valdoro Mountain Hotel
- Hilton Hotels Breckenridge
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge Breckenridge Co
- Valdoro Lodge