We stayed at this resort for a week and were very, very happy with it. No qualms about going back and staying there again.
We had a 3-bedroom condo with a fireplace, full kitchen, and living room. Gorgeous views on the 4th floor. It had a TV in every room and DVD player in the living room. The master bedroom has its own bathroom, and the two other bedrooms share a large bathroom with a shower, jacuzzi tub, toilet, and large sink area. 5 of us shared that bathroom and it was plenty of space.
The resort is walking distance to town and is conveniently placed in the city. Nothing is more than a 10-minute shuttle drive. The resort provides a free shuttle that will take you anywhere in town, even for a trip to the grocery store. Most people tip the drivers, but it's still cheaper than renting a car, and safer if you don't know how to drive in the snow. The customer service is great and the staff is prompt and helpful. There is a nice bar/lounge in the hotel with a fireplace. It also stocks board games, a pool table, and foosball. We took advantage of everything and had a blast with our family.
The resort has nice hot tubs and you can also book massages that are done on-site. My recommendation about the massages is that you be careful and specific about the cost when you book them. Their website said it was $85 and when we were done she charged us $90. I argued but she wouldn't back down. They are nothing amazing, but it's nice to be able to walk down from your hotel room and get a massage. It's also nice to be able to get one after a long day of snowboarding/skiing.
My only qualm is that they did not clean our room during our 5-day stay. They indicated that they only clean rooms if you are there for 7 days, and then they clean it once in that 7 days. However, the room all have washers/dryers/vacuums, so you can easily tidy up yourself, which is what we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge is located in Breckenridge, Colorado at the base of peak 9, just two blocks from Main Street. Valdoro Mountain Lodge features one and two bedroom suites, with a gas fireplace and full kitchens. Two outdoor whirlpool spas are just steps from the spa and fitness center. A game room for children, a relaxing sauna, and many other activities await you in the splendor of the Rocky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Valdoro Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Breckenridge
- Valdoro Mountain Hotel
- Hilton Hotels Breckenridge
- Valdoro Mountain Lodge Breckenridge Co
- Valdoro Lodge