Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Mountain Thunder Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$235
US$259
US$235
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$156
  • Pool
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$126
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$201
Marriott
Main Street Station(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$202
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$166
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$112
Wedgewood Lodge(Breckenridge)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewshilton grand vacationsmembers loungein townshuttle servicefree shuttlethree bedroomski shoptwo bedroom unitfitness centermain streetfull kitchenwithin walking distancetwin bedsgreat resortmountain lodgejacuzzi tuboff season
Reviewed 10 June 2010

this was our first trip to Breck and have been Hilton Vacation Club owners for 5 years. The room had everything we were acustumed to with other HVC locations. We had a 3 bedroom which had a Master bedroom with King bed and a large bathroom with shower and large jacuzzi. There was a second king bedroom and then a third bedroom with two twin beds. The second bathroom with large with a shower and jacuzzi just like the master, which was a nice touch. The kids loved the jacuzzi and went for a "swim" in it every night. There is a grocery store and a Walmart in the nearby town of Frisco to get groceries at, so we cooked one meal and breakfast in our room daily, which saved a lot of money.

We went in the summer since we are not big skiers, but wanted to expercience Colorado in the summer. The only problem we faced was that most of the "kid friendly" activities for summer do not open until June 18th, which was a bummer. They have a fun park for kids near peak 8, whcih of course didn't open until the 18th. But we did find stuff to do. We went on a hike every morning and then swam at the pool in the afternoon. We did do the coal minning tour in town which was very fun for the kids.

All in all, this resort was nice and quiet. there is NO timeshare "up sell" meetings to attend or anything to attend, which was a nice change from the other HGVC locations.

We would like to come back in the winter with some friends to try our hand at skiing.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank traveloverOmaha
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We were on our way up I-70 Friday afternoon to spend a long weekend up in Aspen. They closed I-70 heading East at Copper Mountain. So on the fly we called Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge to see if we could stay for 1 night. No problem, we got a 2 bedroom, 2 bath luxury condo for an amazing rate.

The staff at Valdoro make this place heads and shoulders above other resorts in the area. You are greeted with a friendly front desk staff. The concegiere is knowleageble and courteous.

As soon as we unpacked our bags we headed over to the outdoor hot tubs. A stack of white fluffy towels were stacked up by the hot tubs. The hot tubs were very clean and well maintained.

There is also a wonderful fitness center and dayspa on the premises. Try a massage, wonderful!

The condo exceeded our expectations, beautiful rooms, slab granite everywhere you looked, high-end fixtures and stainless steel appliances. The furniture was comfortable and the mattresses were firm, but not too much so. I slept like a baby.

I would highly recommend this place!

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank kimf1
Reviewed 8 April 2010

THE GOOD (why I think they do this-and believe me it is not to service us!):
-Shuttle service will take you anywhere in Breck that you want to go and the drivers are very service oriented (WHY? very, very limited parking in the unbelivably tight parking garage and if they had people coming in and out of the parking garage all day and night it would be a disaster.)
-The hot tub we had on the deck, of our two bedroom plus, which was serviced and cleaned every day (WHY? they want to make sure they last cuz they're expensive to repair/maintain.).
-Happy hour in lounge is 2 for 1 from 3-6pm (WHY? to get you drunk so you don't notice the bad and ugly stuff)
-The jacuzzi tubs in both bathrooms (but, we didn't use them)

THE BAD.
-Not nearly as nice as the other HGVCs that we've been to (Orlando, Honolulu, Vegas) where the resorts were in excellent condition and the staff was warm and friendly. I like the rustic look of the Valdoro but this place was just plain outdated and run down.
-Staff was so indifferent every time we talked to them even though we were very pleasant. We really didn't feel welcomed at all. Put it to you this way, we said "Thank you!" every time we had contact but none of us heard it once from any of the staff the entire stay (except once from the nice lady that brought up the towels I had to pay for).
-We reserved the two bedroom plus with the hot tub and gas grill on the deck for 6 nights. We didn't know until no cleaning staff ever showed up after 3 days that there would be no housekeepiing. And I mean no housekeeping, no new towels, no replenish of toilet paper, no sheet change, absolutely nothing. When I inquired I was told that since we were staying less than 7 days we were not entitled to any housecleaning. When I asked what I should do with my garbage I was told to just leave it in the hallway and someone would pick it up.
-I went down to the lobby to get more towels and was told there was a $7.50 per towel exchange fee. I was surprised they didn't charge me for the two rolls of toilet paper.
-They give you one package of coffee with a note card in the basket stating "We are pleased to provide you with your first morning's coffee (more available at the front desk for a small charge).
-Pool (way over chlorinated) is located outside of the complex and you have to walk quite a bit to get there (but it was 90degrees).

THE UGLY:
-#1 most disturbing was that I was not told I had to stay 7 days to get any housekeeping which made me feel decieved.
-#2 was the staff's indifference.
-Something looking like blood was on the wall in the master bedroom (room 212).
-Some of the walls and doors in the bathroom and kitchen were speckeled with unknown stuff which is just gross.
-Gas grill on deck was so dirty my husband didn't want to use it but I told him I make sure it was hot enough to kill anything living in there.

Note: Breckenridge is a fabulous town and skiing is unbelievable. I will definitely come back to Breck and convert my HGVC points to Hilton Honors and stay at their hotel. I will not stay at the Valdoro ever again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank sadHGVCowner
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We visited Valdoro during the Presidents Day week. Perfect snow and a town full of things to do (way too many t shirt shops, but it didn't take away from the character of the town. Our 2BR was very nicely appointed. Not at the same level of quality that we've experienced with other HGVC resorts, but still better than most non-HGVC branded "condo" style rooms that we've stayed in and comfortable. Beds were very comfortable and huge flat screens in every room was so nice (especially since the Olympics were on all week). Game room needs a serious revamp. Half the games were out of order. The gym, hot tubs and sauna are all very well maintained, as is the lobby, although the common area is looking a bit worned (this is to be expected based on the age of the resort). Parking garage is wonderfully heated and easily accessed. Elevators go directly to guest room floors, which is important when you have kids and a ton of luggage. The resort did not seem overcrowded, even at the busy times of the morning when guests are retrieving their skis and boots from the lobby. The resort is perfectly situated between Beaver Run and Village Base, convenient to the slopes and town, without the crowds and traffic (neither of which seemed to be a major issue during our stay). There was a mechanical problem with the jacuzzi tub in the second bedroom, but only a minor inconvenience. Better be out at 10. Doesn't matter if you ask the front desk for a late checkout. Maid service will be there at 10 sharp and will litterally wait for you to get out of the room. Overall, we really enjoyed our accomodations and plan to return next year.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We stayed in a 2 BR plus which sleeps 6. King bed in Master, 2 twins in second BR and a pull out couch in the living room. There are 2 full bathrooms with whirlpool bath and shower in master. Small but full kitchen, washer/dryer, and private outdoor hot tub on deck with grill. Gas fireplace flips on with a switch. Flat screen TV in each room. Free Wi-Fi and free local hotel shuttle. Members Lounge with free pool table, foosball, fireplace and full bar. Hotel indoor/outdoor pool and hot tubs were in building next door. Complimentary long thick bathrobes (for outside hot tub?). Staff was great. Room was great. Breckenridge was great. I was so impressed with how nice the people in town were. We hope to make this a family tradition.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family