“Best location and amenities”

and 1 more site!
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 19 September 2007

The Valdoro Mountain Lodge is located between the Breckenridge village and the mountain (slopes). Our two bedroom plus had a balcony, complete with a large size grill and Jacuzzi tub, which was THE place to be after a day of down hill skiing. One of the most used amenity was the humidifier, which made us feel comfortable, even tough the rare oxygen level got us really hard on the first 24 hours. I would suggest flying over to Denver, overnight and drive up to Breckenridge on the next day. Go Have Fun!! Ciao.

• Stayed: December 2004, travelled with friends
3  Thank rafacalfa

Reviewed 17 August 2007

Mr. Flippitti and I just returned from a week in Valdoro. It was absolutely one of the best, most relaxing vacations we've had in a long long time.

We rented a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit. We requested a specific room and were delighted to get the room we wanted. Check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk ladies were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

Our unit was spacious and very clean. Since it was just the two of us, we used the 2nd bedroom as a dressing area. The 2nd bedroom has 2 twin beds in it. It also had a better, well-lighted closet. The master suite had a king bed, and the bath had a separate shower and jacuzzi tub. And of course, all the rooms had a tv. A balcony with chairs and a table is off the living room.

There's a large open kitchen with full-size appliances and a dining table that seats 6. The unit also has all the dishes, pots, pans, utensils and dish washing detergent that you'll need. Adjacent to the kitchen is a small closet where a stacked washer/dryer unit was located. Valdoro provides laundry soap and dryer sheets to do at least one load.

The lodge doesn't have a restaurant. It's a 10-15 minute walk to Main Street where you won't have problems finding something to eat. We also picked up groceries at the City Market nearby. If you don't have a car, the lodge has shuttle service to drop off and pick up. We used it a couple times to take us to a restaurant when we didn't feel like driving or walking. Unlike the winter season, there isn't a regular shuttle schedule in the summer but we never had any trouble scheduling it when needed.

There's a nice size gym on the ground floor. The spa and hot tubs are also on the ground floor. Adirondack chairs are placed on the front deck to sit and relax and take in the view. A small gift shop is located in the lobby where you can pick up small toiletries, souveniers, snacks and drinks and the paper in the morning.

The parking garage is underground and in the winter, it's heated.

There's no air conditioning but we kept our windows open all the time and the balcony door was also open when we were in the unit. The mountain air is perfect for a good night's sleep. The weather in August was just gorgeous and for us, the temperatures were nearly perfect.

This isn't our first visit and it won't be our last. We love the location and the service we've received from Valdoro and highly recommend it for anyone going to Breckenridge.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank MollyMick
Reviewed 8 July 2007

What a major disappointment! I chose this hotel because of the wonderful reviews. The Valdoro had a special that allowed us to stay there for $599 for 5 nights as long as we listened to a 90 minute sales presentation. I explained to the reservation agent that the view was very important to me and I was worried that this deal was going to be a scam and we were going to be stuck with a bad hotel room. She assured me that although they couldn't guarantee what room I was going to get, all the views were good because the lodge was located at the base of Peak 9. Our room was decent inside (plain but clean) but the view was horrible. We had a balcony overlooking dilapitated run down buildings with paint scraped off of them and a big garbage dumpster in front. I immediately asked Michele at the front desk to switch us. She was very unaccomodating and kept on asking who told me I'd have the view, instead of apologizing or trying to change our room. She told me they were filled at 100% capacity and there was nothing that could be done. I asked wheher something would open up within the 5 nights we were staying there and she said no and told me to leave a message for the gen. manager. I left the message and he never go;t back to me. The next day a room opened up across from us with a view. When I asked to switch, the front desk told me there was no note from anyone to change our room and it was too late because they wouldn't be able to get our room ready in time for the next guest. At that point I decided to stop forcing the issue and enjoy my trip but I would never stay here again. I also told them that they came highly recommended from trip advisor and I was inclined to write a bad review based on our experience. They obviously didn't care. The only good part of the whole experience was the sales representative who presented the 90 minute pitch (Daniel). When we told him we weren't interested in purchasing the Hilton shared ownership vacation package, he accepted it and didn't push at all.

Stayed: July 2007
14  Thank danaFlorida
Reviewed 1 July 2007

My family stayed here from June 23-June30th. We loved it! The staff goes out of their way to help you. Jamie the Conceirge is the best. We rented a car and rode around everywhere we could. The humidifiers they supply come in use every night. The best shrimp is at Bubba Gumps. The best mexican food is in Frisco at Carlos Miguels. Peak 8 is a blast for everyone of all ages. Fishing is really good. The grocery stores are well stocked. And if you want to go Gold Panning the most fun place is Country Boy Mines. My son and husband found some gold flakes. Whatever your likes Breckenridge has it for you. Shopping is fun, although some prices are very high. Be sure to drink plenty of water and use sunscreen. And a light jacket is recommended and a hat. Just go and have FUN!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank cheallefromtexas
Reviewed 20 May 2007

We spent the week of May 5-12 at the Valdoro in Breckenridge.
The Valdoro is in a great location for walking in town. We
could walk to all the restaurants and the resort also offers
a free shuttle service around town. We used the shuttle service
one night when I was feeling the altitude. We had a condo
on the third floor and had a nice view from our balcony. We enjoyed watching the fox play in the woods. The staff was very
friendly and very helpful. We loved the parking garage-it
was easy to get in and out and we felt very safe leaving our
car. Our only complaint was the people above us had small
children who liked the run around early in the morning and
at night, but I certainly remember the days of young children and
could understand.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nlg
Reviewed 7 January 2007

My husband, toddler and I stayed at the Valdoro Dec.1st-8th. It was our first visit, and we were not disapointed! We had 2 2bedroom units, as my sister and her family decided to join us! They were spacious, clean and very well appointed.

The location was great, and the staff went out of their way to be helpful and were just so friendly! On one occassion the ski valet ran to my room to grab something that i forgot so that i wouldn't have to take off my ski boots!

Having the ski valet was great too! all your stuff stays in their secured area, and then you just put it on, hop in the valdoro shuttle, and they whisk you to the Beaver lift!

Mi Casa was a great place to eat, but Kenosha was great place with really great prices--- and amazing chilli cheese fries! Also the crepe cart is absolutely fab and delicious too!

I ended up finding a great babysitter who had a son a year older than my son--so this worked out great! We really had a fabulous time, and hope to return again next year!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Conniedj
Reviewed 6 January 2007

This hotel/condo is amazing. The bedrooms were big (1 bedroom-king sized bed, 2 bedroom-2 double. The service was wonderful. Never miss a wake-up call. TV's in all rooms. Spacious views and wonderful kitchen. Marvelous designing. PERFECT hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family