This was our 4th visit to GTL in the last 7 years and we stayed for 2 weeks in 2 timeshare exchange studio units.
On an overall basis,
The front desk staff were great and helpful. I had done some internet shopping and had it delivered to GTL prior to my stay and they had stored it all away for over 1 month before my arrival and even had it delivered up to my room ready for me when I arrived.
We ate at the Lodgepole on several occasions and it has a good range of dishes and beer. Also handy to ski into at lunchtime as it is quiet compared to the places on the mountain.
We did a tour of Grand Lodge as we were offered $125 to spend at GTL. There was no pressure to buy, so good to see the other options for accommodation and for just over an hour of our time, the pay was good!
Ski In (off lower sawmill to Christie Sports/Lodgepole). Ski out to Snowflake Lift.
The studio in our 1st week. It was in the reception block and compared to others that we have stayed in, it was poorer quality. The kitchen was very dated and the hob took over 10 mins to boil a kettle. The sofa has a fake, plastic leather covering which was hideous for sitting on, in fact we had to cover it with a towel.
The pool area in the reception block needs some cosmetic maintenance, e.g big black marks beside light in the pool, the edging around the pool.
The studio in our 2nd week was what we expected. Kitchen has nice wood doors, kettle boiled in a couple of minutes and sofa was a nice fabric one.
When we found that the coffee machine did not work, it was replaced in 5 minutes.
The town is only about 15 minutes walk away so we enjoyed walking in and out for evening meals (although they do have a shuttle bus for lazy people).
Look forward to coming back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado