Grand Timber Lodge
Wedgewood Lodge(Breckenridge)
The Village Hotel(Breckenridge)
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)
View Hotel
All reviewsbar grillpools and hot tubsin townchristy sportstime sharethe kitchenshuttle servicefree shuttletimeshare exchangeon site restauranttimeshare presentationgarage doorwasher and dryerbedroom unitnice resortpool tableother resorts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The staff at Grand Timber Lodge is very friendly and very helpful. They answered all my questions in a very cordial manner. They have shuttles that take you to the grocery store and Breckenridge Ski Resort, so you don't really need a car to this location. I would take a shuttle like Colorado Mountain Express from Denver rather than renting a car. There is also nordic skiing and snow shoeing at Breckenridge Nordic Center. The accomodations were A+. There are two pools, hot tubs, sauna, and work out area.

Room Tip: Know the number of people sharing a room. You can pull out the sofa for an extra bed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Rick T, Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. We value your feedback and are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is for you and your family to have a great vacation with us and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Grand Timber Lodge. We hope that you will be our guest again in the future!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our family has been staying here for twelve plus years for our ski vacation week (family member is an owner) and it's always been a pleasant stay. Our units were recently updated and the common areas are still well maintained. Staff have always been pleasant and helpful. The kids love the swimming pools, pool table, ect. There is a Christy sports on site which is very convenient for those that need rentals. Although we were here during a peak vacation week , it never seemed too crowded.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Rick T, Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share you experience through your review of the Grand Timber Lodge. As a guest of 12 years, we are very pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy the resort and that our work to maintain the resort has been noticed by you over the years. We look forward to making your next visit a great vacation!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

This property is perfect if you love to ski in/ski out! We loved being right in the middle of two lifts (Snowflake and Beaver Run) both were super easy to get to.Christy's Sports is right there on property so renting your equipment is super convenient. Our one bedroom condo was HUGE and had everything we needed to make our week of skiing wonderful. We especially loved hanging out in one of many hot tubs on property after a long day on the slope soaking tired muscles in these awesome hot tubs was fabulous. The happy hour at Lodgepole Bar & Grill is great too.They would bring the drinks right out to you at the hot tub. Great service was found everywhere. We are ready to book for next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in BLD 3 and it was nice but I believe Bld 5 & 6 are better as they are located in the same BLD as the Spa, Pool, Fitness center, Bar & Grill and larger hot tubs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Rick T, Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Grand Timber Lodge with us. We are extremely happy to hear of the great vacation you enjoyed while visiting Breckenridge this winter. Our goal is to make our guests' and owners' vacation experience a memorable one. We look forward to being able to help you enjoy more great vacations at Grand Timber Lodge in the future!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband bought me a timeshare here for me on my birthday some years ago. I think about 10. We were told that the rooms would be up dated ever 5 years. That has yet to be seen. The rooms and many parts of the resort really do need improvement. It is not a luxury resort any longer.
The stones around the hot tubs have been in disrepair every time we come up for the passed few years. I wish the management did care a lot more about the appearance of this place. The pillows really need to be replaced. They have a very used smell to them. Update!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Grand Timber Lodge. We apologize that you were disappointed in the ongoing maintenance of the property. Please be assured that the management at Grand Timber is very committed to ensuring that the property is maintaining its value. Over the past year, Grand Timber has made significant upgrades to many of the units and completely remodeled and upgraded the fitness center. This year, our update projects include completely redoing the outdoor pools and surrounding rock walls and decking as well as adding a children's water play feature. We look forward to sharing these ongoing improvements with you the next time you visit!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have never felt so duped as I have been by the management and staff of Grand Timber Lodge. I decided to stay here after seeing the many positive reviews on tripadvisor. DON'T believe them. My trip started by being talked up to a 1 bedroom from a studio by the salesperson on the phone, she then talked me into trip insurance. Below is the outcome I got for spending an extra 150.00 for trip insurance and also another 500 plus to go up to a 1 bedroom and being promised a much better experience.
First off the room I was promised by the salesperson was a nice quiet room with a view of the mountains...what GTL gave me was a room above the parking garage that also faced the arrival foyer of the resort. I couldn't sleep a single night due to the garage,door below me opening and closing non stop, in fact the door was so loud it vibrated my bed each time it opened!!!! To make matters worse every arrival of a new car shone it lights into my room along with the nice slamming of the car door to keep any chance of sleep away. Moreover I contracted a NOROvirus while staying at GTL and had 2 days of non stop vomiting. What did the staff do to help? NOTHING. To add injury to insult after purchasing trip insurance and my company telling me I had to move my week GTL REFUSED to honor the insurance or HELP me move my week!!!! If anyone here is reading this and decides to stay at this bait and switch timeshare sales swindling operation you need to think twice. DON'T STAY HERE, Breckenridge has way too many nicer legitimate places to stay. Oh and before the staff puts down below, oh we're sorry and we try to do our best, don't believe it. I called over and over again to ask for help and they did NOTHING!! DON'T STAY HERE!

Stayed: February 2014
10  Thank DanaT1283
Mark G, Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

The staff and management at Grand Timber Lodge would like to sincerely apologize for your recent vacation experience. Grand Timber Lodge takes pride in providing excellent customer service to all of our owners and guests. We apologize that you were disappointed in your room and thought that you were renting a larger room. Our one bedroom condominiums are much larger than the studio that you reserved, and they do provide more space, as well as a full kitchen. We are also sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the location of your room. As soon as our staff was made aware of the noise issue that was caused by the garage door, they immediately locked the door in the open position to eliminate any further disturbance. We hope that this quick action by staff reflects our desire and willingness to do whatever we can for our owners and guests.

We are so very sorry that you became ill while on vacation. Please note that to date, we have received no other reports of suspected norovirus from other guests. In addition, our staff did deliver complimentary Gatorade to you room as soon as we learned you weren’t feeling well. Our Housekeeping staff was also more than happy to clean your room twice during your visit, also free of charge, as a result of your illness. Our Guest Services Manager also reached out to you prior to your departure to offer further assistance. All of us at Grand Timber Lodge sincerely hope that you are feeling better!

In regards to the travel insurance you purchased through a separate company, we are sorry to hear that the insurance company did not accept your claim, based on the terms of their coverage.

Please know that the staff at Grand Timber Lodge is committed to striving to deliver relaxing and enjoyable vacations at our resort. We value our relationships with our owners and guests and truly apologize that you had a disappointing vacation experience while staying at Grand Timber Lodge.