“Winter R.V. Wonderland”
Review of Tiger Run Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breckenridge
Tiger Run Resort
Crescent Head
“Winter R.V. Wonderland”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I stayed at Tiger Run Resort in March 2011 for 10 days on a snowboarding holiday with my Father. We were travelling or "Road Tripping" from Dallas through Colorado to Vagas, then onto L.A. as part of our 5 week holiday in the U.S. from Australia.

My father recently (2yrs ago) bought a 40ft long R.V. in America to holiday in for 5 yrs. He has been holidaying for 6 months a year in the U.S. for the last couple of years and last year was my first adventure in the U.S. with my Father.

As I am snowboarding mad, we had to fit 10 days in Colorado as part of my tip with my father. I found Tiger Run Resort on the net to my surprise after being told that not many R.V. parks stay open in winter in Colorado. I made contact with the owners on the road and made a 10 day booking at the resort.

We arrived at 5pm on a Monday Night and were taken to our R.V. site which had been cleared that day by Bobcat. We backed in with more than enough room and connected up to their water and sewage. Now being a dumb Aussie, I thought this could be a problem due to freezing temperatures and frozen pipes but the team at Tiger Run had already taken this into account and had gas heaters on the water pipes to stop them freezing up over night.

Then next morning I woke and went outside to find two foot of snow blanketing our car. Again being Aussie, this was a first for me but I was promptly helped by one of our neighbours with a snow tool to scrap the snow and ice away. I then headed to the mountains at Brackenridge for my first breath taking day on the slopes.

I found Tiger Run Resort to be an awesome place. From a winter R.V. point, you will not find a better one in Colorado. The facilities for winter R.V.'s are great. The water does not freeze up, the sewage is fine, then have pay T.V. which is easily connected to your R.V., the staff are friendly and more than helpful, and the rec centre is great. There is a heated pool with two hot tubes which are open to 10pm every night, making a great way to relax and unwind after a hard day on the slopes. The R.V. sites are cleared on your arrival and you are only a minute’s drive away from the centre of Brackenridge and the snow fields.

Overall I give Tiger Run Resort 10 out of 10. I will be going back there again before my father sell his R.V. in you great country.

Room Tip: Try and book a R.V. site close to the Rec Centre, that way you only ahve a short walk to the heated...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jimmyjack2440

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Royse City, Texas
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Tiger Run is definitely the nicest RV resort we have visited. The landscaping is immaculate. Sites are spacious. Very quiet and clean. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ajranch
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 31 August 2011

My husband and I have stayed 2 times in the last 4 years. We have a 35 foot motorhome. The pads are large and very well maintained. There is beautiful scenery all around and a creek running through the park. There is a nice indoor pool that is very well maintained. This is a wonderful place to stay highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank janielou12
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I never ever give a bad review, but this past weekend, we spent a couple nights at the Tiger Run resort. It really is a beautiful place nicely situated in the mountains of Breckenridge and I must say, the grounds are very nice. Since the RV spots and cabins are all individually owned, I loved seeing the ways the owners spruced up their cabins and chalets. Very nice! However, we arrived in the pouring rain and the signage was a little unclear where the check in door was. Somehow we got off on the wrong foot with the male desk personnel and it was uncomfortable every time I had to interact with them. Although both women I spoke to on the phone prior to our visit were nice.
The main thing that really got me upset though was that the gardeners who were some young guys were weed whacking and although we were sitting outside on the picnic bench, decided to keep weed whacking and got so close we had to yank our dog out of the way and my husband got hit in the back with a rock. No apologies or acknowledgement whatsoever. There were also several people who didn't clean up after their dogs-and the shower I used had a huge hairball on the drain like it hadn't been cleaned in a few days. I can't comment on how unfriendly the other "campers" were since Tiger Run has nothing to do with the clientele, but still it was an uncomfortable stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank 1happykat
North River, NY
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My husband and I are traveling cross country and wanted to stay in the Breckenridge area. We almost didn't choose Tiger Run based on some of the previous reviews but I'm so glad we did. The RV sites are intermingled with small privately owned 'cabins' which makes you feel like you're in a neighborhood. The view of the mountains from the resort are wonderful. The place has LOTS of amenities, easy access to town and is well kept up all over. Unllike some other parks we've stayed in, it is isolated from the road and very quiet. The staff was polite and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it. One note - RV's must be self contained in order to stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jaelford
Coloma, California
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We stayed here during the winter from Dec to beginning of April. Unfortunately this is the only rv park that is open during winter months in this area. The management are unfriendly and unhelpful. Unless you are an owner then they could care less about you. Beware of Michele! She is extremely rude and has a bad attitude, but I might be too if I had to work for such an awful management company. If you have any problems they will just ignore them and tell you that they are being fixed which never happens. They also supposedly have restrictions on what types of rigs that they will let into the park but once again that is a lie and they will allow pretty much anything in. The security gates don't mean a thing either because they will let anyone into the park. (I had an issue with a stalker who they let into the park twice!(He did not live at the park)) During the months that we stayed here the water was shut off almost once a week and the wifi doesn't really work at all. With what they charge a night you would think that they could hire friendlier help and fix all the problems that they have. I would not stay here again! Do yourself a favor and if it is not winter stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
8 Thank awalz
California
Reviewed 18 February 2010

The resort is nicely laid out and at first we were very happy to be there, but we quickly realized that the office staff were only there to collect your money and not much else. They nickel and dime you to death, they lie about their prices matching the locals on propane delivery, they refuse to let maintenance clear your driveway without paying extra and they refuse to forward any mail that may come after you depart. Every time we asked for something they played the "that's a liability and we can't do that" card!. The laundry room is the priciest I've run across. The gym is only for the owners and the pool is usually crowded and noisy. They only thing that I have positive to say is that the location is great and the RV spots are roomy! We will certainly be staying elsewhere next ski season!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank blackjack86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breckenridge
Skiway Lodge
The Lodge at Breckenridge
#5 of 23 in Breckenridge
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center

Been to Tiger Run Resort? Share your experiences!