Mountain Thunder Lodge
US$325
US$260
US$284
US$246
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$185
  • Pool
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$179
Marriott
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Main Street Station(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$202
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$148
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$134
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom condoshuttle servicemain streetthe kitchenin townhot tubend of the daygreat place to stayfree shuttlegrocery storeunderground parkinggas fireplacecar garagedaily housekeepingperfect locationfront desk staffski trip
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The two bedroom unit we got (#701) was more nicely decorated than the ones in the reviewer's photos. We had a king in the master bedroom and two twins in the second bedroom. Master bed was comfortable. Bath spacious. Wonderful gas fireplace!!! Used it a lot! Cozy furnishings. Really appreciated the humidifiers and the foot massager! This unit needs some "real" lamps in the living room. The mini lamps' shades are showing their age, one lamp had no bulb, and there wasn't enough light in there to read. But that was minor. Overall the place was very nice. The shuttle into town was fantastic. You call them and they come pick you up and take you wherever you want to go. Then you call for pick up. It was super convenient. Keep in mind when choosing where to stay: if you stay up on the mountain like One Ski Hill Place, it's at higher elevation. Thunder Mountain is lower and better sleeping atmosphere to avoid altitude sickness for lowlanders. The gondola made it super easy to get up to the skiing area. Highly recommend renting your gear up on the mountain and having them store them for you. You get a 20% off coupon for ski rental at the Thunder Mountain desk.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank rockingfranch
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed recently with my family in a 2 bedroom condo recently (Jan-2012). We were plesantly surprised at the quality of the place. The rooms were spacious, kitchen, bath were excellent too.

Much much better than other options available locally if you are interested in homely atmosphere.

The covered garage helped not having to scrape ice off the windshield.

The front desk staff were very kind and helpful (allowed us to check in early).

The only down side for us was in our room the wireless internet was spotty at the best. We were hoping to view some movies from our net services and could not get to it due to unavailablity of signal , this could be due to our room location (ground floor).

The 50+ inch LED TV was cool to watch stuff on when u wind down at night.

Room Tip: Try the outdoor hot tubs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank send2ram
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mountain Thunder Lodge from December 4th-8th. It was my first trip to Breckenridge, and I was not disappointed. The MTL is located just a short 5min walk to the Gondola which takes you up to Peak 8. Having never been to Breck, or skiied before I had a lot of questions and anxiety before this trip. I called the MTL to ask which ski school I needed to contact for reservations. They provided me with the information I requested which was very helpful.

Upon arrival the Bryce, the gentleman at the front desk, asked us a few questions and had us checked in with room keys in hand in a matter of minutes. We were tired after a long day of traveling and just wanted to pick up a few groceries and a quick dinner somewhere. Bryce gave us great suggestions for restaurants and hours of operation for the market/liqour store/etc.

We stayed in a one bedroom condo located in the main building. It was well appointed and all the appliances and furnishings were up to date. The kitchen had EVERYTHING we needed- pots/pans, nice dishes and silverware/toaster/microwave/coffee maker/even wine glasses and corkscrew!

We loved using the fireplace to keep us warm when we were relaxing on the couch after a long day of skiing. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. We loved the fact that there is an electronic safe in the closet that we could keep my engagement/wedding bands and iPad in while we were on the slopes. There was a cute balcony with two chairs and a small table which we used only to cool off on after working up a sweat putting all of our ski gear on. The hotel is advertised as ski in/gondola out. However, due to the La Nina weather pattern there wasn't much snow the first week of December. Due to this fact, less than 20% of the ski runs were open (including the one that you could ski straight to the hotel). They also have a place to store ski equipment and a heated parking garage. We did not use either so I can't comment .

I loved the friendliness of the staff, the convenience of the daily shuttle service, and the location. MTL is a WINNER and I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLover0025
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Beautiful condo, great decorations, warmed quickly. Bed comfortable, bathrooms very nice!
Outside hottub nice.
Really like warm indoor parking and free shuttle.
I found it odd that the dishwasher was full of clean dishes when we arrived. Thought it was simple oversight.. But I was not going to empty it. ( this is vacation right?)
So, next day after housekeeper came, imagine my surprise that it was still full, sink had bits of salsa left in it and random dishes we had used for breakfast were left uncleaned.
Weird. I didn't feel that it was serious enough to complain about.
The only other complaint: the mattress pad cover was kind of gross... Hairs stuck in it.
The linens could use some updating
I would stay here again!!! I will still refuse to empty someone else's dishwasher though:)
The staff ( Jill) at front desk were nice, friendly. Try north side pizza..yummy.
Bubba Gump shrimp.. Pretty good, A ton of food! So share your entrees

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank coloradomichelle
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Just spent a wonderful week in Breckenridge between Christmas and New Year at the Mountain Thunder Lodge. We were quite pleased with our two room/two bath condo. The condo was clean and well kept and the atmosphere very comfortable. The kitchen was well equiped with everything needed for basic cooking...which was nice for making family breakfast in the mornings. The condo was relatively quiet, the walls being thicker than most...I don't think there is any protection from screaming kids anywhere...just wish kids were told to use normal voice rather than screaming voice when talking in the morning or anytime when indoors. The staff is very friendly and helpful and gave great restaurant recommendations. The location is extremely convenient. It's about a 10 minute walk onto Main St. and a 5 minute walk to the gondola that takes you up to Peak 8. The car stayed in the underground parking garage the whole week. House keeping was fine, although not a 100 percent, but the condo was cleaned daily and had a home like feeling (meaning at home, the house isn't perfectly cleaned and vaccumed everyday). Overall, we had a very comfortable and relaxing stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family