Mountain Thunder Lodge
Residence Inn by Marriott Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$183
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$133
  • Pool
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$152
Marriott
Crystal Peak Lodge(Breckenridge)
US$252
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$257
US$280
Orbitz.com
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$136
Grand Lodge on Peak 7(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbedroom condoshuttle servicemain streetthe kitchenin townhot tubend of the daygreat place to stayfree shuttlegrocery storeunderground parkinggas fireplacecar garagedaily housekeepingperfect locationfront desk staffski trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I booked the hotel room based on the price compared with other hotels. I paid for the hotel up front and then after my trip I found a charge for 23 dollars. I call them up and find out that they have a mandatory "resort fee" of 20 dollars that is charged after check out. I looked on the website and found the fee after clicking on a small link that said "Lodging terms and conditions". What the hell is a resort fee you ask? Apparently you have to pay for the amenities which we never used separately (I'm sure next year we'll see a toilet flushing fee). Looks like Thunder Mountain Lodge has joined up with the other shady companies that try to make money by charging hidden fees. The hotel was nice but I would never stay again based on principle.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else that is honest to you up front.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Bryan S
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The two bedroom unit we got (#701) was more nicely decorated than the ones in the reviewer's photos. We had a king in the master bedroom and two twins in the second bedroom. Master bed was comfortable. Bath spacious. Wonderful gas fireplace!!! Used it a lot! Cozy furnishings. Really appreciated the humidifiers and the foot massager! This unit needs some "real" lamps in the living room. The mini lamps' shades are showing their age, one lamp had no bulb, and there wasn't enough light in there to read. But that was minor. Overall the place was very nice. The shuttle into town was fantastic. You call them and they come pick you up and take you wherever you want to go. Then you call for pick up. It was super convenient. Keep in mind when choosing where to stay: if you stay up on the mountain like One Ski Hill Place, it's at higher elevation. Thunder Mountain is lower and better sleeping atmosphere to avoid altitude sickness for lowlanders. The gondola made it super easy to get up to the skiing area. Highly recommend renting your gear up on the mountain and having them store them for you. You get a 20% off coupon for ski rental at the Thunder Mountain desk.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank rockingfranch
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed recently with my family in a 2 bedroom condo recently (Jan-2012). We were plesantly surprised at the quality of the place. The rooms were spacious, kitchen, bath were excellent too.

Much much better than other options available locally if you are interested in homely atmosphere.

The covered garage helped not having to scrape ice off the windshield.

The front desk staff were very kind and helpful (allowed us to check in early).

The only down side for us was in our room the wireless internet was spotty at the best. We were hoping to view some movies from our net services and could not get to it due to unavailablity of signal , this could be due to our room location (ground floor).

The 50+ inch LED TV was cool to watch stuff on when u wind down at night.

Room Tip: Try the outdoor hot tubs.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank send2ram
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Mountain Thunder Lodge from December 4th-8th. It was my first trip to Breckenridge, and I was not disappointed. The MTL is located just a short 5min walk to the Gondola which takes you up to Peak 8. Having never been to Breck, or skiied before I had a lot of questions and anxiety before this trip. I called the MTL to ask which ski school I needed to contact for reservations. They provided me with the information I requested which was very helpful.

Upon arrival the Bryce, the gentleman at the front desk, asked us a few questions and had us checked in with room keys in hand in a matter of minutes. We were tired after a long day of traveling and just wanted to pick up a few groceries and a quick dinner somewhere. Bryce gave us great suggestions for restaurants and hours of operation for the market/liqour store/etc.

We stayed in a one bedroom condo located in the main building. It was well appointed and all the appliances and furnishings were up to date. The kitchen had EVERYTHING we needed- pots/pans, nice dishes and silverware/toaster/microwave/coffee maker/even wine glasses and corkscrew!

We loved using the fireplace to keep us warm when we were relaxing on the couch after a long day of skiing. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. We loved the fact that there is an electronic safe in the closet that we could keep my engagement/wedding bands and iPad in while we were on the slopes. There was a cute balcony with two chairs and a small table which we used only to cool off on after working up a sweat putting all of our ski gear on. The hotel is advertised as ski in/gondola out. However, due to the La Nina weather pattern there wasn't much snow the first week of December. Due to this fact, less than 20% of the ski runs were open (including the one that you could ski straight to the hotel). They also have a place to store ski equipment and a heated parking garage. We did not use either so I can't comment .

I loved the friendliness of the staff, the convenience of the daily shuttle service, and the location. MTL is a WINNER and I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachLover0025
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Beautiful condo, great decorations, warmed quickly. Bed comfortable, bathrooms very nice!
Outside hottub nice.
Really like warm indoor parking and free shuttle.
I found it odd that the dishwasher was full of clean dishes when we arrived. Thought it was simple oversight.. But I was not going to empty it. ( this is vacation right?)
So, next day after housekeeper came, imagine my surprise that it was still full, sink had bits of salsa left in it and random dishes we had used for breakfast were left uncleaned.
Weird. I didn't feel that it was serious enough to complain about.
The only other complaint: the mattress pad cover was kind of gross... Hairs stuck in it.
The linens could use some updating
I would stay here again!!! I will still refuse to empty someone else's dishwasher though:)
The staff ( Jill) at front desk were nice, friendly. Try north side pizza..yummy.
Bubba Gump shrimp.. Pretty good, A ton of food! So share your entrees