Stayed at the Thunder Mountain between 29th Feb and 9th March 2012. Primarily chose the Mountain Thunder Lodge because of the great reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We stayed in a two bed apartment in the the main building. The apartment was great, fully equipped kitchen, comfy beds and plenty of living space. With four people it didn't feel cramped at all. Our rooms were serviced everyday including putting on the dishwasher on so that everything was ready when we got back form the slopes.
I really can't fault this place. The location is perfect, just outside of the centre but not far away enough that you can't walk to Main Street. This also means that it is quiet at night. During the day, the lodge is a few mins walk to a Gondola up to the slopes but the lodge has a free shuttle service that we used a lot. It will take you anywhere in Breckenridge and pick you up promptly with a single phone call to reception. Really efficient transportation.
The staff at the Mountain Thunder Lodge are brilliant too. Really friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel very welcome throughout our 10 day stay. I would definitely recommend this place.
1. Friendly and attentive staff
2. Great apartments with daily service
3. Nice location with a free shuttle around Breckenridge
4. Lovely hot tub outside.....really hot and great after a ski!!
5. Convenient ski lockers
1. None, if your thinking about Breckenridge then I couldn't recommend the Mountain Thunder Lodge enough.........
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountain Thunder Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain Thunder Hotel Breckenridge
- Mountain Thunder Lodge Breckenridge