“Great location for a family ski trip”

Mountain Thunder Lodge
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We just spent six night at Thunder Mountain Lodge in a spacious 2 bedroom unit # 1308. The lyaout was great with a roomy kitchen, living, dining area and deck. The 2 full bathrooms and bedrooms gave all of us room to spread out. When our son from college joined us on the weekend, he commented that the pull-out couch mattress was the most comfortable one he had ever slept in! The washer and dryer in the unit was a plus for our ski gear.

Great location to slopes and town. We used the shuttle service often and found it convenient.

Housekeeping was great, they checked in almost everyday with a phone call to see if everything was OK.

Our only suggestion is more hot-tubs....sometimes groups seemed to take them over for long times!

Room Tip: We really liked the floorplan of unit 1308, it seemed larger than some others. It faced the pool are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Mountain Thunder Lodge

Reviewed 15 February 2014

are you on your own with kids??? This was the perfect stay for me on my own with 2 kids both boys age 6 and 8. We had a 2 bed condominium with 2 bathrooms. enough room to escape from each other and relax (kitchen was big) and views all throughout the appartment were beautiful. The location was also perfect - just 5-10 mins walk from Main Street and10 mins walk from Gondola. We didnt even need to worry about the location particularly as we used the free on-demand shuttle any time we wanted it. We discovered a bar called Eric's which was good atmosphere and very well priced given that the budget was blown on ski passes, ski school and etc etc that was appreciated we could all eat well for $40!! Mountain Thunder for me was perfect - I didnt want to be stuck on slopes and it was a really pretty spot nestled in the foothills. very quiet spot the other thing we discovered is that it get you a 20% discount on ski hire and also it allows you access to the pool and the free bowling alley at One ski hill place ( a rather smarter, newer and more expensive accommodation up by Peak 8 which is a very central and in my opinion nicest place to start and finish the day at. Moutain thunder was definitely a good place rooms a bit brown/ old fashioned for my taste but definitely not too bad but that was my only complaint if i was looking for one , oh and housekeeping didnt vacuum daily but would have done if i had asked them too!

Room Tip: unit 5 where we stayed was away from main lobby so had a bit of sense of privacy ...i liked it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Excellent lodge near the gondola and Main Street. Easy access to skiing. Nice room with fireplace and beautiful decorations. After skiing it was wonderful to relax in the hot tub. The bed was really not good to sleep, and it was the only negative thing I can say. Anyway we had 6 great days!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Spent 3 nights and Mountain Thunder and loved every minute. The rooms are beautiful and clean. Location was great, staff was wonderful and extremely helpful, and the shuttle service was fantastic. I am an avid CrossFitter and the GM was kind enough to take me to his box one day of my visit. I would defiantely stay there again. Thanks Jonathan!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife and I just returned from another great week in Breckenridge staying at Mountain Thunder.The location, facilities and staff were great. The shuttle service, location to the gonadal and four o'clock run make it great as well. This is our 6th year and plan to stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian E
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We picked this hotel due to its high rating, and because friends had already booked to stay here. The overall hotel is very nice, and it's really easy to walk to Main Street to shop or get food. The gondola is also within walking distance, but with all your ski gear on it was easier to just take the free shuttle over.

Our one complaint would be the lousy bed that was in our studio room, 5104. I'm actually writing this review at 6 am because my girlfriend and I have been up since 5 due to this awful bed, and that's after being exhausted from skiing all day yesterday. I hate when people give bad reviews over the silliest things, but a lousy bed in a hotel that's $300/night is unacceptable. We've been here 3 nights and it feels worse every night. I'm saying something to the front desk, but I know they won't be able to do anything because the hotel is all booked.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gianny D
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We spent 4 nights in town home #304 with our 3 small children. It was a fantastic stay. The property is clean, comfortable, and the staff was very prompt and accommodating. Great location - truly ski-in (we literally skied in about 30 feet from our town home) and there is only a short walk to the gondola at Peak 8. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014