“Great stay in Breckenridge”

Mountain Thunder Lodge
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Wisconsin
“Great stay in Breckenridge”
Reviewed 7 September 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in a two bedroom condo. We had a great view of the mountains and the village from our patio. The master bedroom was large and had a fantastic bathroom with a separate bath and shower. The kitchen was well equipped and the dining and living area were spacious and comfortable.

The hotel is near the road and although we could hear traffic during the day it did not bother me at night (and I'm a light sleeper).

The property is walking distance from the village and other activities.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — great views
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bamom91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
West Palm Beach, Fl
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Got a sweet 2 bedroom condo for 150/nite. Really nice place a quick walk to all downtown restaurants. Was a great stay and a very clean stay...

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 17 August 2008

We stayed at the Mountain Thunder just before Thanksgiving and had a great time. Our 1BR condo was spotless and very well equipped. The quality of the furniture was excellent -- much better than one can typically expect in a condo rental. Views from the balcony were spectacular.

Others have complained about noise and customer service. I can imagine that noise from parties is a problem during the summer, when windows are open, but the walls are well constructed and seem to block noise well. We found the staff very polite and helpful. It is not the same level of customer service as in a four-star hotel, but in renting a condo, we did not expect concierge service.

• Stayed November 2006
1 Thank jw_slc
colorado
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We stayed for four nights at Mountain Thunder Lodge. On the plus side, the facility is well maintained and the unit we had was clean and decorated very nicely - it had a cozy feel and was spacious (2 bedroom and 2 full baths). The staff was very gracious and responsive. However, the beds were so hard that we might as well have slept on the floor! I had read some negative reviews about the beds and have to agree - I don't know what units have 'upgraded beds', but it is definitely worth asking the staff about when you check in. I can understand a 'firm' mattress, but no one in our party had a restful night's sleep our entire stay - very frustrating. If they could address this issue, it is truly a lovely facility and well located. For now, I could not recommend them.

Stayed August 2008
Peru,IL
Reviewed 28 July 2008

I'll start by saying I have never been to Breckenridge before so I had no idea where to go. My brother had been there one other time but he was staying at a different place and when I tried to book a room where he was, there were not any rooms available. The reservationist at vailresorts.com suggested I try Mountain Thunder Lodge and I'm very glad he did. We got a great deal on a 2 bedroom condo that was just beautiful. It had a nice deck, a fireplace, a spacious kitchen with everything you could need. We were located by the pool and 2 hot tubs.
It is also close enough to walk to bike rentals,restaurants and shops on Main St. Yet it is far enough away so you are not stuck in the middle of everything and it is peaceful.
There are different kind of accomodations too. Three bedroom condos and three bedroom Townhouses were also available.
There is no restaurant on site but plenty within walking or driving distance.

Hope this helps someone else! My family and I really loved this place and we will return!

• Liked — peaceful,clean
  • Disliked — dirty film around top of hot tub
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank stevensservice
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 July 2008

I have been traveling a lot lately and I have to say that this was one of the nicest places I stayed in a long time. I usually dread checking in. When I arrived here it was very nice. Very Clean, Very attractive. I was next to the road that has a lot of traffic but it did not bother me. The beds were ok not the best but I have had worse. The location cannot be beat. We had a three bedroom townhome and loved it.
I would have liked a little AC. It was not unbearable but you did have to open the windows in the evening to cool things off. Being as picky as I am (and I mean really picky) the negative reviews must mean that either these folks were expecting something that was not reasonable OR that the individual units offer different experiences. If that is the case I recamend unit 607 3 bedroom townhome.

• Liked — The decor
  • Disliked — No AC
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
SYRACUSE, NY
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We spent four nights in a three-bedroom condo with three baths. Our unit had two "queen" beds, and one child's mini single. We were six mature adults and one of us had to sleep in the mini single with our feet hanging out and her husband had to sleep on a youth futon. We advised the accommodations were unsuitable and received a minimal credit to our account, but no offer to place us in a suitable condo. They explained that it was "the owner's responsibility to provide appropriate bed furniture." All contact with staff was pleasant and professional.

Otherwise the stay was enjoyable. The bedroom furniture had to be dusted before use -- the sides of the TV were caked with dust -- but the kitchen had new appliances and a huge laundry room. The garage was an added bonus.

Be mindful: In their words: "There is no guarantee on beds on the part of Mountain Thunder."

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends