“Friendly and Good”

Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon
Reserve with OpenTable
Briar Rose Chophouse & Saloon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 160 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lincon & Main
Description: The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon has been serving the finest aged beef and fresh wild game in our landmark downtown restaurant for decades. Our relationships developed with premium suppliers like Harris Ranch Beef and Emerald Valley Ranch bring the best of American beef and meats to your table. Our newly renovated dining room offers gracious chophouse service in an elegant atmosphere for a truly memorable meal. Our prized, historic back-bar is the centerpiece of our lively and entertaining Saloon where our guests may dine from the full menu or our Saloon's "small plates" menu. The Briar Rose Chophouse and Saloon is the perfect link between our old-west heritage and modern day appetites!
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Nicely done upscale menu, everything very good, but nothing great. I recommend sticking to simple basics - like steak, salad and potatoes.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

On our family visit to Breck, we wanted one fancy night out. Note that this can be particularly difficult with an 18 mo old, but we went with Briar Rose over Hearthstone as it appeared a little less stiff and appeared to have more space. It was a great experience. A few notes:

Negative
- This is not a prime steakhouse. If you're a steak expert and lover like myself and my husband, you will notice this ASAP. However, they don't pretend to be and tell you up front that their steaks are choice, not prime. If you know this going into it, you can rate your steak meal based on a choice experience and not prime.
- As i'm from TX and maybe a steak snob, the prices were a little high for choice steaks. Not too big of a deal.

Positive
- Great wait staff. Very friendly and helpful.
- Surprisingly kid friendly. They even have a small kid dinner menu to choose from.
- Authentic, fun, 'old' saloon style environment
- Pretty good wine list with a nice quartino (glass and a half) option. This was perfect as we never need a bottle, but I always want a little more than a glass. In many cases, the prices were the same as a glass at other places.
- Our crab cakes were just ok and a little overcooked, but had some good flavor and lots of crab.
- Skip the prime NY strip and stick to the filet. Still a better cut. Lots of sauce options if you want them.
- Yummy mac and cheese side!

All in all, a great last night vacation experience.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Needed a nice place to have dinner for my wife's birthday and Easter dinner. Food was great. Service was super. Mick was our guy and he was nice enough to bring a birthday cheese cake with candle. My son enjoyed his chicken fingers and homemade ice cream. My wife and I started with salads. She had the lamb and I had the veal. The siides of Mac and cheese and green beans were great. Nice place. Everything was terrific. F

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband picked this restaurant to celebrate at for my birthday while we were skiing in Breckenridge. They are on Open Table, which made it convenient to make a reservation.
We arrived on time and were immediately shown to our table, there were five (5) of us.
We took our time looking at the wine list and menu and never felt rushed by our waitress.
We ordered a bottle of wine and then went on to order our selections. The waitress was very knowledgable about everything on the menu that we asked about.
We all ordered the filet mignon, except one person, that ordered the trout. We all had various salads, caeser, iceberg wedge and spinach. Again, they were all very good. Their sides are all separate and served family style, and they too were delicious. Our meals were excellent and the waitress was too. She found out it was my birthday and had me choose dessert from the menu on the house. I had the key lime pie which was wonderful, considering that we were in Colorado.
We will definately be back the next time we are in Breckenridge.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We have been in Breckenridge, CO many times, but this was the first time ever eating here.
It is a small restaurant so I encourage you to make a reservation if you would like to eat in the dining room. We went on a Wednesday evening and I was a little worried that it would be too fancy. It was fancy, but we felt very welcome and enjoyed a relaxed and wonderful dinner. I had the petite filet with the wild mushroom demiglace and it was the best steak I have ever had! The sides come family style, and we ordered the grilled asparagus, mac and cheese, and baked potato and there was plenty to share for the three of us. Amy, our waitress, was very knowledgeable and helpful about the menu. The best meal we have had in Breckenridge.