“Real people,real food, incredible margarita. Ask for Alonso the owner!”
Review of Jalapeno's Restaurant - CLOSED

Jalapeno's Restaurant
Reviewed 24 February 2011

If you are tired of main street formula food and want authentic Mexican food you'll never forget then make the effort to go to Jalapeno's. Not easy to fond, but worth the effort. Walk down Main Street to Lincoln. Turn toward the mountain on Lincoln and walk half a block over the river and take an immediate left on the walk way along the river. In half a block you are there. Tell Alonso that his friends from Michigan told you that he's show you how he makes his margaritas and this becomes one of the best evenings you have ever had. I travel all over the world and this is one of those places all the locals go to and don't want you know about.

Reviewed 2 September 2010

Jalapenos is likely to be the best Mexican food in summit county, and is certainly the best in breckenridge. As a local, I've sampled all the restaurants in the area, and I consistently come back to this one. My favorite dishes are the combo plates, the tacos nortenos, and the enchiladas plate. While the decor is simple, the owner alonso is certain to make your visit memorable.

Reviewed 16 March 2010

This was the most entertaining restaurant I have been to in 20 years. I learned how to make the best margaritas ever. The servers were all very lively and they were not stingy with the beer or tequila. One of our friends sons liked the servers so much he shared his meal with him!!!! Tom Arnold and Borat look alikes both work at this place. VERY fun!! If your are in breckenridge you must try this place out!!!

Reviewed 28 February 2010

The food was uniquely Mexican and delicious in every way. The prices are very fair. The margaritas are the best in Breckenridge without question. The owner is an absolute scream and our waitress Cynthia (from Argentina) was truly special. If I was very rich, I'd take my plane to Breckenrige every month just to eat at Jalapeno's.

Reviewed 2 March 2008

I ate here for lunch. The restaurant has a "family owned" atmosphere. I had a beef buritto that hat the most meat I have ever seen in a buritto... very generous portions. The salsa bar and chips were also a plus. Located near the bottom of Four O'clock ski run so you can ride down, eat lunch and then take the snowflake lift back up (or walk a couple blocks and take the Gondola).