“Great service, large menu”
Review of Rio mexican restaurant - CLOSED

Rio mexican restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

My family ate here over a long ski weekend. The service was excellent and the menu was very large. I had the enchiladas which were very good. It's a great location without the large crowds line some places.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I were in the mood for some Mexican food and wanted to try the Rio. First impressions were good, nice small location and server was prompt and very helpful. Once the food showed up at the table it all went down hill from there. The rice was old! Not a couple hours old but a day or more! The beans were hard and smelled awful! The enchiladas I ordered were cheese, however NOT melted or warmed up (cold) that were served on an extremely hot plate. I was just happy that the soda machine was working properly! My wife had the chicken tacos which she took one bite and set the plate aside.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stopped in for lunch primarily because they had outdoor seating and allowed us to have our dogs with us during lunch. It's across from the covered wooden foot bridge on along the Blue River walkway downtown. Service was very good. The food was somewhat average but tasty. It was straight forward Mexican that wasn't frilly fru-fru'd up. My wife had the shredded beef taco's and the flavor was very good. I had a ground beef taco and chicken enchilada that was average. Overall this was a nice restaurant and both of us agree we'd be inclined to eat here again should we desire Mexican food along the Blue River.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Nice place. They have a great patio right by the river. The salsa was nice and spicy, but over all, it was just average. I'll go back during the ski season to see if we have a better experience.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had lunch here during Labor Day weekend. My husband ordered the ceviche and said it was not very good. I ordered green chili and it had tons of fatty meat in it. Gross! The food was below average. This place is a sorry example of the great Mexican food Colorado has to offer. Skip it and head over to the Salt Creek Steak House!