“Great Summer Getaway!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

AmandaPat...
Huffman, Texas
“Great Summer Getaway!”
Reviewed 24 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I stayed in this cabin for 4 nights last week! It was perfect! The house was clean inside and out... It was the perfect location- close to fishing and hiking, but far enough from the surrounding towns that you feel away from it all :) The area is very peaceful (you can hear the waterfall from Montgomery Reservoir while you're sitting on the porch and we even saw deer right by our truck two of the four mornings we were there! Photo us view from the driveway:)

KimA0714
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great views and beautiful scenery, but beware if you get motion sickness”
Reviewed 28 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

My family of four stayed here for Spring Break of 2017. Our requirements were to stay in a cabin near Breckenridge so we could be away from the bustle of the city but still be close enough to ski easily.

I loved almost everything about this cabin. The views and scenery are beautiful and it's a lovely place to stay. One caveat is the altitude and the drive to get there. This cabin is just past Hoosier's pass, making it in the 11,000 feet range, and if you're not accustomed to altitude, it will get you. My stepdaughter and I both have rock solid stomachs and the twisty turny-ness to get to the cabin even made us both a little nauseated. The first night we were there, my stepdaughter went to the restroom and was a little disoriented from the altitude. She tripped on the concrete floor on the main level (there are decorative cutouts in the floor) and put her chin straight into a nearby dresser, splitting her chin and sending us to the ER (which is an hour away) where she got 8 stitches. I'm not blaming the owners at all, it was truly the altitude adjustment. I just want people to be aware and be careful. It can hit you harder than you think.

If you're skiing in Breckenridge, this is a fun and cozy place to return to each night. We got about 5" of snow while we were there one night and the roads were plowed by 8 AM! Pretty amazing. The cabin is well appointed (but missing a pizza cutter- WHAT?) and has most of the cooking appliances/pots/pans/utensils you would need for your stay. I'd recommend bringing pre-loaded DVD's or shows on your ipad or laptop as the internet connection is pretty awful and the owners only get a certain amount of data per month so they request that you not stream movies/music. I tried to get some work done and found it nearly impossible, so I ended up going into town and working at a coffee shop.

The owners have great response time and will help you with anything you need. If you are looking for a place to just get away from the world, this is what you want. If you need more interaction and quick access to food and shopping, I'd stay a little closer to town.

We really enjoyed our stay!

Your age range 35-49
brianjm95
Clinton, New Jersey
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The house was great, it had everything we needed and was in a beautiful location! Would definitely stay again!

febefndz
San Antonio, Texas
“Great secluded mountain cabin”
Reviewed 11 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is a great beautiful cabin with everything you could possibly need, the owners are very nice and we're helpful through the entire process always responding fast and with thorough answers. It's up a mountain and secluded although there are other cabins on the way their all pretty far away to where you can have good privacy and an amazing view of the mountains, snow, pine trees. My only suggestion is that if you go during winter weather is that you get a 4x4 vehicle as there are quite a bit of sharp turns to get to the location and this is intense if you factor in that your driving on snow, ice, and with cliff drops to the side. Highly recommended!

penhtaing
Corona, California
“Perfect home for a family stay”
Reviewed 2 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

This location is phenomenal! My family and I stayed for a 3 night trip and it was better than we could have asked for. The heated floors work wonders when it's 15 degrees out, but it also kept the home comfortable at all times. The home was clean, water was hot and kitchen was very well stocked with everything you need to make a great meal. It's in a nice quiet neighborhood with a great driveway for the kids to tube down. I would definitely recommend this place and plan to book the home for future trips.

Reviewed 12 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

Malcolm M
Lexington, Virginia
“first class in every way”
Reviewed 3 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We spent five terrific days at this cabin. As we expected, the views were splendid and the cabin was well-appointed. As we hoped, everything was clean as a pin. Highly recommended.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing