“Perfection!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Alexa V
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 2 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

First off, this cabin was absolutely adorable! Greg and Catherine even had some simply placed Christmas lights and a decorated Christmas tree to greet us when we arrived!

Three bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a loft; this place can accommodate the biggest traveling family. The kitchen has just about everything you need and is just begging to be cooked in. The views out every window were serene and the location is just about as good as it gets; 30 min to Breckenridge, 15 min to Alma.

There is a large, wrap-around deck with a seating area as well as a propane grill that is ready to use. Although, we didn’t get much use of the deck because we got 2’ of snow overnight! Not that I’m complaining, us Floridians prayed for a white Christmas.

All in all this cabin was absolute perfection and we would love to visit again!

Ryan M T
“Nice place”
Reviewed 20 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Very nice cabin, we satyed for two days loved it! We will be returning as soon as we can. Oweners were great!

Mike V
“Great vacation retreat!”
Reviewed 12 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

The owners were great, the cabin was spacious and clean, the views were awesome and the location was perfect. Thanks Greg and Catherine!

Mark A
Springfield, Illinois
“Family friendly cabin - High Altitude! Beautiful views”
Reviewed 21 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

I start by recommending this cabin for a stay. It is what is advertised. Three solid bedrooms and another room in the loft with a futon. The cabin is comfortable and nicely constructed with good amenities. Satellite TV. Two decent showers. Nice kitchen open to the living space. The views are great with three four-teeners viewed out the front.
My main caution is this - it is truly +10K feet over the +11K foot pass south of Breckenridge. I was mildly concerned about altitude affects on the family (sea level dwellers and all), but then again what do you expect booking a cabin in Summit County, eh? We had no problems as we had already been at altitude for a couple days anyway.
Understand that you traverse this pass everytime you go to Breckinridge. That said the road is nice enough in June. When we arrived after dark the first night, we had real difficulty finding the cabin and the road off of CO 9 is gravel. In the winter this would be difficult without 4 wheel drive.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 1 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

AmandaPat...
Huffman, Texas
“Great Summer Getaway!”
Reviewed 24 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

My husband and I stayed in this cabin for 4 nights last week! It was perfect! The house was clean inside and out... It was the perfect location- close to fishing and hiking, but far enough from the surrounding towns that you feel away from it all :) The area is very peaceful (you can hear the waterfall from Montgomery Reservoir while you're sitting on the porch and we even saw deer right by our truck two of the four mornings we were there! Photo us view from the driveway:)

KimA0714
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great views and beautiful scenery, but beware if you get motion sickness”
Reviewed 28 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

My family of four stayed here for Spring Break of 2017. Our requirements were to stay in a cabin near Breckenridge so we could be away from the bustle of the city but still be close enough to ski easily.

I loved almost everything about this cabin. The views and scenery are beautiful and it's a lovely place to stay. One caveat is the altitude and the drive to get there. This cabin is just past Hoosier's pass, making it in the 11,000 feet range, and if you're not accustomed to altitude, it will get you. My stepdaughter and I both have rock solid stomachs and the twisty turny-ness to get to the cabin even made us both a little nauseated. The first night we were there, my stepdaughter went to the restroom and was a little disoriented from the altitude. She tripped on the concrete floor on the main level (there are decorative cutouts in the floor) and put her chin straight into a nearby dresser, splitting her chin and sending us to the ER (which is an hour away) where she got 8 stitches. I'm not blaming the owners at all, it was truly the altitude adjustment. I just want people to be aware and be careful. It can hit you harder than you think.

If you're skiing in Breckenridge, this is a fun and cozy place to return to each night. We got about 5" of snow while we were there one night and the roads were plowed by 8 AM! Pretty amazing. The cabin is well appointed (but missing a pizza cutter- WHAT?) and has most of the cooking appliances/pots/pans/utensils you would need for your stay. I'd recommend bringing pre-loaded DVD's or shows on your ipad or laptop as the internet connection is pretty awful and the owners only get a certain amount of data per month so they request that you not stream movies/music. I tried to get some work done and found it nearly impossible, so I ended up going into town and working at a coffee shop.

The owners have great response time and will help you with anything you need. If you are looking for a place to just get away from the world, this is what you want. If you need more interaction and quick access to food and shopping, I'd stay a little closer to town.

We really enjoyed our stay!

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing