“Just fine”

Breck Inn
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We signed up for a timeshare presentation and this is where they put us. It's a short drive to the slopes. They don't have any shuttle service but there's a bus stop across a very busy road. Overall the Breck Inn was fine. Clean rooms, nice shower. The complimentary breakfast was pretty marginal but they had good donuts and a hot chocolate/coffee machine. There's a hot tub/jacuzzi but it's outdoors.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lopezth
CustomerServiceDept, Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay at the Breck Inn!! We use all the feedback we get to improve the guest experience for everyone and appreciate your time very much. We are also working to improve our breakfast presentation and have ordered the materials for that. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Breck Inn!

Reviewed 2 February 2011

My wife and I recently stayed at the Breck Inn. After reading the previous reviews, especially the 2010 reviews, we have to conclude that management has made good on their promise to upgrade the service and facility. When we arrived at 8:00 at night, the customer service representative greeted us in a friendly, helpful manner and efficiently executed the check in process. Our room was very clean, warm and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the pillow top bed, new linens, the flat screen TV and the hot tub. The Breck Inn is also centrally located; having the mountain and main street just a short drive away. I recommend taking advantage of the complimentary breakfast; it was easy and convenient to have a quick meal right before we participated in winter activities for the weekend. We paid only $99 for a two night stay during peak season. This was a great way to save some money for the other activities Breckenridge has to offer, such as skiing, dining and shopping. I travel quite frequently and would equate this hotel to a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express in terms of cleanliness, room amenities, and complimentary breakfast. We received a fantastic deal considering the location and season. We recommend the Breck Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
CustomerServiceDept, Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Breckenridge Grand Vacations, we would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent stay at The Breck Inn. We are extremely happy that you and your wife have found your stay with us valuable and pleasing. Our team has been extremely attentive to addressing the issues of our past guests and are delighted to hear that our aggressive changes are happily received. We are excited to report that due to the diligence work of our team, all of the changes we have promised, have been implemented. Also, we are currently moving forward with several new and innovative improvements to further enhance our guest experiences. Lastly, we are just incredibly thrilled and hopeful about the future and have put in place fresh policies to absolutely ensure prior issues never arise again. I have talked to the new Front Desk manager and they are in the process of improving the breakfast display, the lighting of the hotel it’s self, and other multiple improvements.

We thank all of our guests for their feedback while we continually learn and grow, and to always provide the best experience and a grand vacation to each and every guest. Thank you again for your feedback, we hoped you enjoyed your time here in Breckenridge, any additional feedback is genuinely valued and welcomed.

Reviewed 24 October 2010

We did the "no pressure" time share, this hotel has to be the worst hotel in Breckenridge. I went to wash my face with a wash cloth and found several hairs. The second sign of dirt was something white all over the green shower curtian, I'm hoping it was lotion. The third thing was after getting out of the shower and getting a towel a long black hair was in the middle of it, I have blonde hair. They did have a hot tub, however the heater wasnt working and it was freezing. The last thing was my husband checks all rooms before we leave, he found trash under the bed and behind the night stand.

The time share sales man was a jerk, when we said no, he flung his pen on his desk and got up and stormed off. Don't do the time share offer, it isn't worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank bay151
CustomerServiceDept, General Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback in regards to the promotion you purchased. Every bit of feedback helps us to create a more satisfactory experience for our guests. Past feedback has lead to many changes and we will continue to strive for excellent experiences for our guests.

I apologize you had a poor experience at our hotel and that the hot tub was undergoing repair during your stay. Your comments about the cleanliness of the room have been forwarded on to our housekeeping department and the General Manager of our resorts. They ensured us that they will make sure each room is inspected prior to check in. We have also contacted the maintenance department at the Breck Inn with regards to the hot tub and have asked we be informed of any upcoming closure so we can proactively alert our guests.

Our sales manager has been made aware of your comments regarding the preview tour and overall behavior of the your sales agent. We have a company policy that everyone leaves happy after their preview – whether they say “yes” to our offer or not. It is unacceptable that guests feel disrespected at any time. We show our property to thousands of people every year and while we only get a handful of complaints about our agents, we believe that even one is too many.

Above all, we hope that you enjoyed your time in Breckenridge. As we strive to provide exceptional vacation opportunities, any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to send those to customerservice@breckenridgegrandvacations.com

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Our stay at the Breck Inn was a total bust from the get go. When we arrived to check in at 8 pm, there was no one at the front desk, just an envelope with our name and room key. The toilet in our room was broken, the drain in the tiny tub was broken as well, and the faucet in the sink was dripping. Breakfast hours were only from 7-9 am and the food offerings there were average at best. The icing on the cake was the second day. We left our room around 9 or 10am and when we returned around 8pm we discovered that some of our personal belongings, a necklace and a pair of sunglasses, were "mysteriously" missing. When we consulted the manager about the stolen items she claimed that the maid said she had never seen them. Then when we told them we wanted to file a police report, they told us that it is the hotels policy that they can't allow us to file a police report until one of the hotel staff goes through all of our personal belongings to make sure we aren't bluffing. I simply went straight to the police station. Its a good thing that we got this hotel on a promotional deal, because I would never have paid full price, and will certainly never return. The staff and management were probably the most rude and unprofessional people I have ever dealt with, making this by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had!!!

• Stayed: September 2010
5  Thank lilhunterannie
CustomerServiceDept, Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our promotional package. We apologize that you had such a poor experience.

Maintenance has been made aware that there were plumbing issues and they have assured us that every room has been checked and fixed.

We are sorry you experienced losing some personal items during your stay. We take pride in our employees and are very thorough in our hiring processes. We can’t imagine someone on our staff taking anything from a guest and we have not had this issue in the past. We are sorry that you experienced this while staying with us.

It is also unheard of that an employee would ask to go through a guest’s belongings. No one has any recollection of that request and it goes against everything we train to. We apologize if you were told that was our policy. We also are disappointed to hear about rude or inconsiderate staff as we have typically gotten very high reviews in our post-visit surveys about our Front Desk staff. We have followed up with all hotel staff regarding this incident and re-emphasized the importance of providing every guest with the best experience possible.

Thank you.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

Booked hotel under promotion ate, clearly expressed as $100 for two days, but if you attend a two hour presentation, you get $50 back. I did not realize the gentleman booking my promotional tour scheduled my tour the day after I would be in Breckenridge. Of course, buyer beware, I should have closely studied the booking. Unfortunately, I had not read all the horrible reviews about this property and did not feel at risk. My wife and I were surprised when we arrived at our scheduled tour date and time to discover they did not have us listed and would not take us. Later, I realized what had happened and complained about having the tour booked the day after my stay. This far, nobody has responded--although if they do, I will amend this post. I expected to pay the full rate, $100 for the two day stay. You can imagine my shock when I discovered that they tacked on another $240, making my stay as expensive as a four star hotel on the same nights. The fact that I could book the $100 for two days without any tour was enough to make me realize I was indeed ripped off. The hotel is little more than a Motel Six, and fine for the base price. But beware, be careful, and think twice. If they treat prospective, qualified buyers in this way, I would assume those purchasing a timeshare will have similar disappointments. It would have been okay to pay the agreed upon $100, but not the ridiculous $350 for a $39 a night experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank FPages3
CustomerServiceDept, Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2010

I apologize you were confused as to when your tour time was scheduled. On June 23rd, you were sent an email confirmation of the reservation you had with us. In this email confirmation, the arrival and departure dates were stated, as well as the date and time of the preview tour of the Grand Lodge on Peak 7. It stated that your arrival date was for June 26th for 2 nights at the Breck Inn, with your tour on the 28th, your day of departure, at 9:30am. On Friday June 25th, you sent us an email regarding that tour time. You said that you wanted an earlier or later tour time that day and anytime after 2:00 would work, so I set up your tour time for 3:30pm on the 28th. I sent you an email back stating:

“I have changed your tour time to 3:30pm on Monday, June 28th. If this time still doesn’t work, we do have a couple other available times.“

You confirmed that change in an email response.

Your tour was always scheduled for your day of departure, the first tour time you were scheduled for (9:30am) was prior to the regular scheduled check-out time of 10:00am. I was unaware that you wanted to change your tour to Sunday, as you were always booked on Monday June 28th. Had I known that you wanted to change the date of your tour as well as the time, I could have definitely done so.

The $139 is a no show fee which is assessed after a guest does not come to take the tour they were scheduled for. Since you were getting discounted accommodations for taking the tour, we charge the full rate of the room when you do not show for the tour. The no show fee is the full retail rate of the Breck Inn room that you stayed in ($119 per night * 2 nights = $238 total – $99 that you already paid = $139). In order to get that no show fee refunded, all that needs to be done is for you to schedule a make up tour of the Grand Lodge on Peak 7. You can come up a Sunday – Wednesday and stay for 1 night at the Breck Inn and take the tour the next day, OR you can come up any day of the week and take a tour only. After completion of the tour, the $139 no show fee will be refunded to you, as well as the $50 refund you were already scheduled to receive. This no show policy was stated on the email confirmations that you were sent to: the email address you provided us on both June 23rd and June 25th.

I am sorry that you feel unhappy, as this was definitely not our intention. We have certain policies in place for a reason, and had we known that you could not have come to the tour on Monday afternoon, we would have done our best to change it for you. We are in very good standing with the Better Business Bureau as an accredited business which exercises ethical business practices, and at no time did we mislead or misrepresent ourselves or our intentions.

We look forward to hearing from you to reschedule your tour of the Grand Lodge on Peak 7. You are a valued guest and we would love the opportunity to prove that to you.

Reviewed 26 April 2010

We did the timeshare "just say no; tour" and the hotel was adequite. Nothing special and the breakfasts was marginal at best. We did have a good time and the place was clean. The phone sales guy had given us the impression that we were going to be at the resort though.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mt14494
CustomerServiceDept, Manager at Breck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. Every bit of feedback helps us to create a more satisfactory experience for our guests.

I am sorry to hear that the Breck Inn was “nothing special” and that the breakfast was marginal. I will forward your concerns to the appropriate staff members. It is great to hear that you had a good time here in Breckenridge and that the hotel was clean and met your needs adequately. I apologize that you felt misled regarding the location of your stay. While we would like to accommodate our preview guests at the Grand Lodge, we have very little availability currently. What availability we do have is generally filled by owners and rental guests. Additionally, due to the aggressive nature of our pricing, we cannot include resorts with rental rates as high as the Grand Lodge’s in our best promotional packages. We do offer upgraded packages at other great properties in town and I apologize if you were not offered another location at the time of booking.

Above all, we hope that you enjoyed your time in Breckenridge. As we strive to provide exceptional vacation opportunities, any further feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed 12 December 2009

This is a total Scam! I Went to what I thought was a two night stay at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, as the salesman said it was. My family and I drive 2.5 hours to Breckenridge only to find out in the small print that this Scam vacation is actually a two night stay in a Motel 6 with a fancy name! Breck inn! What a Joke!

Furthermore the “Grand Lodge”, where we went first because this is what the sales guy told me, isn’t even totally built.(Red Flag #1). A construction worker at 10:02PM told me “no one is here!” “They close at 10:00!” red flag number 2. Finally a woman who just started there tried to find me in the system and said “Oh you are not going to be happy, you are not staying here you are staying at "The Breck inn a partner hotel” She also said “People do this all the time, they think they are staying here” Total bait and switch!!

I pack the family up again and we head to the “Breck Inn” . Turns out no one is there either! A note on the front desk says Dial 116 which no one answers. I waited there and dialed the number three times, total phone rings were at least 100 rings.

I left a note on the front desk saying “I was there and you weren’t” and left! Still no phone call. My familiy with two young children left at 10:30PM and drove 2.5 hours back home!

The pitch was if you like it “tell all your friends” I promise you I will tell all my friends you are total scammers! Shame on you “Grand Lodge at Peak 7” I do not really blame Breck Inn, even though it is a glorified Motel 6" The blame lays squarly on Grand Lodge at peak 7 Marketing Team for this ingenious plan to deceive people who they want to try to sell to.

I will make sure people are warned of your deceptive practices!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
27  Thank click2ink

Thank you for taking the time to write this review; we appreciate any feedback we receive.

I apologize that you felt misled as far as the location of your accommodations. Because of feedback like yours we have made many changes to our Marketing material so that the location of the accommodations is very clear. In order for us to provide deeply discounted accommodations in a premier ski town we use a standard hotel for our promotional stays. We would like to be able to have our touring guests stay at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7, but unfortunately we have limited availability and could not offer the same discounts and packages.

Since the time you visited our property, phases one through three have been complete, and a large number of amenities have been completed, including a movie theater, game room, grotto, spa, and all of the outdoor pools and hot tubs. The estimated time of completion for the entire resort is December 2012. Instead of waiting for the entire project to be complete, the developer decided to build the property in phases so that guests and owners would be able to access the resort sooner.

It is unfortunate that you were greeted harshly by an on-site construction worker. I am sorry you were not greeted with the respect we hope to show to all our guests. I also apologize that the woman you spoke with at the front desk may not have been as accommodating as we would expect. There have been a few cases of confusion as to where guests are staying, but as I stated above, we have altered our Marketing materials to clarify the location of all guest accommodations.

The front desk at the Breck Inn is staffed until 10pm and I apologize that you arrived after closing. Outside of regular business hours, it is normal procedure for welcome packets to be left at the front desk with the last name of the guest so that those who arrive late still have access to their room. If you’re welcome packet was overlooked or was not clearly marked I will let the Front Desk staff know that you did not see it. I am not sure why you could not contact anyone using the phone number provided at the Front Desk, it rings to the onsite property managers cell phone. I will alert the appropriate staff members to ensure that the phone system functions as it should.

I can ensure you that it was not intentional for you to be deceived. The Grand Lodge on Peak 7 holds each and every employee to a high standard of integrity. As a company we are in great standing with the Better Business Bureau and follow ethical business practices. We strive to provide our guests with consistently “great vacations” and the best customer service we can. Respect is one of our core values and it is disappointing that you feel that you were misled. Please contact us if there is anything we can do to remedy the situation.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review. Any and all feedback we receive is taken seriously and we will modify our marketing processes accordingly. Any additional comments or concerns you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and have a great day!