Skiway Lodge
Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$133
  • Pool
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$152
Marriott
Crystal Peak Lodge(Breckenridge)
US$252
Main Street Station(Breckenridge)
US$255
US$202
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$195
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$449
US$257
Mountain Thunder Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$224
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$136
Grand Lodge on Peak 7(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthird floormain streetmicrowave and fridgeprivate balconyski storage roomfire pitmedia roomcommon roomroom rateopened the windowthought of everythingenjoyed the hot tublocation is greatking bedthe free shuttle busstayed here for nightsbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I booked four nights at Skiway lodge after reading positive reviews on Tripadvisor. It describes itself as a 'boutique hotel', but it is really more of a guest house. We were greeted by the friendly manager who explained that she was the only staff member and that she worked until 6 pm and after that to call her mobile. We checked into room 7 on the 2nd floor. The room was spacious and well decorated, but we were immediately concerned by the proximity to the 'lounge area'. It was also extremely warm in the room and there was no means of controlling the heat. We had to sleep with two windows open and it was snowing outside.

The hotel is well located for walking into town for dinner (there's a bus outside to take you to the slopes) and well decorated, but unfortunately I can't give the hotel a good review because my husband and I did not get one good night's sleep. The building has clearly been converted from a house into a hotel and unfortunately there has been no work done to sound-proof the rooms/walls/doors. We were awoken the first night by guests speaking at a normal volume (not loud) in the lounge area. They were apologetic when we went out and explained that we could hear everything they were saying and they kindly moved their conversation downstairs. On the second night we awoken by guests in the room above us speaking in a reasonable volume in their own room (albeit at about 2 in the morning). Because there is no concierge there was no one for us to call about the noise. We were moved upstairs after complaining the next day, but we could still hear every door open and shut in the building.

One other minor complaint is that although the hotel is clean, the maid service consisted only our trash being emptied.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Scotland4211
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My daughter goes to college in Co. I wanted to spend a long weekend with her, so she thought it would be great to have a mother-daughter weekend in Breckenridge. At first I thought we wouldn't be able to because lodging was so expensive. Then I found SkiWay Lodge. $99.00/night! There are 10 units in this boutique hotel. The online pictures and description looked lovely. I decided to go for it.

Arrival: There is a very small parking lot in front of the hotel. I guess there is room for one car/suite. Kylee was there to greet us, although she would soon be leaving for the night. Staff are not on premise round the clock. She did leave a phone number in case of emergency. There is a very small elevator that goes from 1st to 2nd floor. Our room was on the 3rd floor, so we were on our own after that. The staircase is steep and narrow, it was fine for my daughter and me, but keep it in mind if stairs and lugging suitcases are hard for you. You might want to request a room on a lower floor.

Room: We had suite #3 and loved it! It was very large, had a great king sized four poster bed (which was also comfortable), leather sofa that opened into a queen size bed. The furnishings had an antique feel that made the room very homey and welcoming. There was a lot of storage space - primarily drawers but also some space for hanging clothes. The sink and mirror was separate from the toilet/shower room. Lovely tile in the bathroom, nice shower with good water pressure. The supplied hair dryer didn't work but Kylee came through with a replacement. There was a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, a pkg of microwave popcorn and a popcorn bowl. Robes were also provided. Our suite had a private balcony with a mountain view. Fabulous! The room was too hot, but we opened the window a bit and then it was perfect. However, with the window open we heard a fair amount of traffic noise in the morning, it was quiet at night, though.

Amenities: Breakfast wasn't provided but there was hot water for the tea, hot chocolate, cider, and oatmeal. There were also toasters, real (not paper) plates, mugs, silverware,glasses, and even wine glasses! In the back of the building were two hot tubs - very nice at the end of the day! There is a fire pit, it wasn't in use while we were there.

The hotel is only about a 7 minute walk to main street with its' shops, restaurants and bars. The main street was very quaint with nice, but somewhat expensive, shopping. I recommend walking due to limited parking. However, be aware of the high altitude! I had one glass of wine at dinner our first night. Half way through the wine I felt like I had drank 3 or 4 glasses! Then we walked back up to the hotel - there was as lot of huffing and puffing!! It was considerably easier the 2nd day. I suppose it takes awhile to adjust. There is a grocery store in town if you want to pick up a few things to have in your room.

Over all it was a lovely hotel and a great weekend away! Give SkiWay Lodge a try, especially suite 3. You'll love it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank loveDomRepMar2012
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed here for a weekend for the first time in late February in room #10. We have stayed at several other properties in Breckenridge. We found this one by chance while surfing online for places to stay. We had never heard of Skiway before and were pleasantly surprised to see that it was relatively inexpensive for Breckenridge. Skiway feels almost like staying in a friend's nice cozy mountain home and they handed you the keys to the whole place. There is limited parking out front but enough for everyone staying there provided they park correctly, and parking is free. Our room has a comfortable king bed, TV, sofa, bath, microwave, fridge and a balcony. The sink is a separate stand alone vanity in the room apart from the bathroom. The room is a little on the small side but certainly had plenty of room for 2 of us. We had brought a cooler with us to stock the fridge so we never needed to go out to eat. The balcony doesn't directly face the main road but you can see it. There is quite a
bit of traffic on the road but it's only noisy when the balcony doors are open. The room is one of three located on the 2nd floor adjacent to the common area, which is convenient for accessing water, the ice machine, dishes, utensils, cookies, and oatmeal. There is also a TV there, sofas, and a few tables for guests to eat their meals. There was one evening where a group of people came in to watch TV and talk kind of loud after we had gone to bed. The TV is adjacent to our room's wall. We just poked our head out and asked nicely if they could keep it down and they did. Other than that we hardly ever saw anyone in the common area. They also provide robes in the room that are handy for the 2 outdoor hot tubs. The hot tubs are conveniently located out the back door off the 2nd floor and are in very good condition. Remember to take your keys whenever you leave the building because the doors lock behind you. There are several signs reminding guests of this and we appreciated the reminders. The girl working the front desk the few times we saw her was always so nice. Skiway is also very accommodating on check out day. One of us decided to ski that day while the other took the day off. They allow guests to leave their car parked there even after check out, and one of us hung out in the 2nd floor common area while waiting for the other to return from skiing. We really enjoyed staying here and would definitely return. We may opt for a king room on the 3rd floor next time if available to be away from the 2nd floor common area, even though there is no elevator to the 3rd floor.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2windsurfandski
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Nice place
Walking distance to downtown
Small quaint rooms, quiet
By no means is it a ski out place. You either have to take the bus to the slopes or walk to the gondola.
U can ski in, even though we didn't get to do it.
Definitely a more affordable version of ski in/ ski out.
The bed not super comfortable and the pillows outright bad. (Maybe they can read my review and change them)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed in room 2 for 5 nights in early March. The room itself wasn't huge but had two big windows looking out to the ski run back and a really nice balcony. The bed was also very big and comfy and the furnishings were in-fitting with the cosy lodge feel. The location of the lodge is great - it is genuinely ski in and the bus stop is just over the road (about 3-5 minutes in ski boots). The main street is also just 5-10 minutes walk away (downhill going, uphill going back…), which is great. I used the hot tubs on a couple of nights and they were really lovely and hot and not busy. There are nice common rooms to use (which were pretty much deserted during my stay) including tables and a toaster and hot water for making your own breakfast. The room also had a microwave. It was a bit strange not to see any staff during my visit (I checked in at night and collected my key from an envelope on the door) but it was all very efficient and I it didn't cause any problems (I just phoned Kylee from the slopes during the day with one particular query I had). The wifi didn't quite reach the third floor (where my room was) so I had to go to the common room to use it but that wasn't a big problem and I think they might be looking at putting in another router. All in all it was a fab place to stay for a ski break and reasonably priced - I would definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo