Our family (my wife and I in our early 40's and our son who is 8) had our first ski vacation and we could not have picked a better location. This hotel is literally right on the slope and it is truly ski in and ski out.
We chose a Suite room which was great for us - we requested Building 4, updated room, mountain view and we received exactly what we asked for. Room is good size, updated, very nicely equipped, clean and quiet. Towels are very good, linens nice and the daily housekeeping service exceptional and timely. Shower is great - roomy and hot water. This is not the Ritz, but, we did not expect it to be either - this is a solid 4-star room.
The property is nice with plenty of amenities. We used the hot tub and pool in the evening (as we stayed on a peak weekend the resort was full as were the amenities) and enjoyed them. We did not eat at the restaurants on site - plenty of choices in town - we used the delivery service "Gourmet Cabby" for dinner a few nights and highly recommend this (you can find it on the web) - plenty of different restaurants, reasonable price, prompt service. There is a general store on site which has essentials if you need them - they are costly but expected as this is a resort town in a remote location.
The skiing is what to come here for, as beginners we were so pleased with our choice. We used the on-site rental Breck Sports for our rentals for adults and were very pleased. Knowledgable, friendly and helpful (assisted with changing ski boots for a better fit). We used the on site rental for our son which was also great - you cannot go wrong using the on site rentals. This is absolutely the rental choice, you won't regret it.
For ski lessons, we used the on site Breckenridge Ski School (from the breckenridge.com website). We chose the "Ultimate 4" for us (adults) and our son - this is absolutely a GREAT choice. The individual attention and level of instruction was simply incredible. Our instructor (adults skiing) was Skip Bradley - if you can get him, do it. What an incredible teacher - patient, thorough, knowledgable, respectful and fun. Our son had the Ultimate 4 for snowboarding with Everett Pelkey - again, simply awesome! This is a great choice, gets you great instruction and is well worth the money.
In general, everyone we encountered (hotel staff, lift attendants, etc.) was friendly, helpful and pleasant. Overall this was a great vacation for us and we are very happy with staying at Beaver Run. We came for the skiing and the location and were pleased with our choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center is located at the Base of Peak 9 in Breckenridge, Colorado. It is a ski in ski out property and it is a Homeowners Association. Each unit is individually owned. Our 4 Building structure was built over several years, with Building One opening in 1979, with the completion of Building 4 in 1984. Owners are required to maintain an above minimum Quality score to participate in the Rental Program and no two Units are identical. We encourage our guests to request a room change if they are not completely satisfied with the room they are assigned. We have limited number of pet friendly rooms and we do charge a Pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaver Run Hotel Breckenridge
- Beaver Run Resort Breckenridge