Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$149
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$151
Crystal Peak Lodge(Breckenridge)
US$303
US$330
US$272
The Lodge at Breckenridge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$134
Groupon.com
US$280
Orbitz.com
US$449
Mountain Thunder Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$250
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$111
Breck Inn(Breckenridge)(Great Value!)
US$122
2,024 results
All reviewscolorado suitestayed in buildingski lockersone bedroom suitefree shuttlethe indoor outdoor poolin townski schoollocker roombit datedsmall kitchenslope sideshuttle servicechair lifthot tubspring breakmain street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I'll give Beaver Run a solid 3-star rating. The good: Good location at the base of the Beaver Run lift. Shuttle service to/from town, which is only a 10 min. walk away. A few decent restaurants and a game room for kids. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite/apt. in Building One, which I think was the farthest away from the slopes but still not too far away. The space was generous with a full kitchen. It had a balcony, but it overlooked the street and parking lot (not great). I saw signs for a laundry room in Building One, but there were none in the suite. There is a ski rental shop attached to the resort, which was probably convenient for many people. Unfortunately, they didn't have my boot size when I tried to rent from them. The Average: the place is dated (80s), but that's not too terrible. At least it was clean, if not modern. One elevator for a five story building was annoying. Housekeeping uses the same elevator, which is doubly annoying. I don't think I ever left or returned to my room without having to weave around a housekeeping cart and maid(s). The shuttle will take you anywhere in town, but I always had to wait on it for at least 20 min. The staff and drivers won't let you pre-plan a pick-up (annoying). Lastly, the staff is a little rude, which is rare to find at most Colorado resorts. My guess is that the management is not great, and that negativity trickles down to the rest of the staff. The exceptions were the concierge Lauren and most of the shuttle drivers - who were great. All-in-all, like my title says, Beaver Run is adequate. Dated buildings but good location. Decent amenities but some staff members are a little rude/unhelpful. Don't book if you expect a Four Seasons or Ritz experience. If all you care about is a warm bed and good location in Breck, this is a good choice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank WillVenture
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I just noticed that I have not written a review for the Beaver Run since 2012 and I have probably stayed there 5 or 6 times since then and never been disappointed. Never. I am averaging about 3 or 4 stays a year at this place and the worst thing that has ever happened to me was one time when they ran out of loaner DVD players and I had to watch TV. They have real wood fireplaces and awesome balconies at this place. They have a ton of hot tubs and an indoor pool and sauna. I love this place. Indoor putt-putt golf and an arcade too. See you soon.

Room Tip: Tell them Wal-Dawg sent you….. ;)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wal-Dawg
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We come here often and are never disappointed.This is a true ski in ski out property and could not be more convenient. The condo-style rooms are spacious and ours had a balcony and kitchenette. The Jacuzzi is huge and the pool is alongside. There's also an indoor pool. Building 4 is the ski in-out location but the other buildings are also convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for Buildings 3 or 4. Some of the 1 bedroom condos connect but you have to ask. It is family oriented and you can bring pets. Ask for a balcony.
1  Thank Seasick2013
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Where do I begin? This "resort" is proof that the term gets thrown around WAAAAY too loosely these days. Ok, let's start with the first night, and I'll delineate the first night from the rest of the stay because we were in the first room only one night. We checked in and they gave us building 2, first floor, parking lot view. That was the "pro" side of the room. The "con" side was it was a very small one bedroom, and even during the sunniest times the next day, the room was very dungeon-esque. The second room we had, could not have possibly been cleaned prior to our arrival. If it was, Stevie Wonder must have been the housekeeper assigned to clean it. Without going into too graphic of detail, let's just say it was apparent someone was blowing their nose throughout the unit, but wasn't using any tissues to do so. After the first horrific night, the front desk did switch out both rooms, the one still on the first floor, but bigger and brighter, and the second one was switched to the 4th floor, both mountain view rooms, but now our party was split up on different floors. We never actually started a fire in the unit because it was sweltering 24/7 even with the heat in the off position. The only way to alleviate the heat and get comfortable was to crack a window and let the sub zero degree temps filter in. However, they gave us a $200 credit to used for on property purchases as some compensation, so they tried to work with what they had, but unfortunately, isn't much.

The restaraunts on site are average at best, and the very convenient market they have for limited food and snacks is handy, but boy, be prepared to pay for that convenience. A small box of Frosted Flakes cereal and a bottle of Advil which would be about $8 total at your neighborhood grocery store set me back a whopping $17+ dollars.

The arcade and putt putt golf is a nice attraction for people bringing kids (yours truly) but it's just one more thing on site that looks great on paper, but the execution is poor. I had two different machines that we put money in for my son that gladly sucked the money in, then never actually did anything. Of course, I never saw an attendant to help me out, so I was out of luck.

The problem with this property, er, excuse me, "resort", is that it's just simply OLD. It's tired and it's worn. It's akin to a boxer going the distance against Tyson, it's just beaten. You don't have to look any further than the carpeted areas of the property. The corners are crusty and dusty, and there's no attention to detail whatsoever. During my 6 day stay, I may have seen one maintenance person cleaning a common area. The "resort's" maintenance department seems to be very lacking and understaffed.

With all of the negatives, I will say that this "resort" has an AMAZING location at the base of Peak 9. You can't ask for more convenient access to the chair lifts.

In summary, if you are looking for 2 star accommodations at 4 star prices, look no further!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Our family (my wife and I in our early 40's and our son who is 8) had our first ski vacation and we could not have picked a better location. This hotel is literally right on the slope and it is truly ski in and ski out.

We chose a Suite room which was great for us - we requested Building 4, updated room, mountain view and we received exactly what we asked for. Room is good size, updated, very nicely equipped, clean and quiet. Towels are very good, linens nice and the daily housekeeping service exceptional and timely. Shower is great - roomy and hot water. This is not the Ritz, but, we did not expect it to be either - this is a solid 4-star room.

The property is nice with plenty of amenities. We used the hot tub and pool in the evening (as we stayed on a peak weekend the resort was full as were the amenities) and enjoyed them. We did not eat at the restaurants on site - plenty of choices in town - we used the delivery service "Gourmet Cabby" for dinner a few nights and highly recommend this (you can find it on the web) - plenty of different restaurants, reasonable price, prompt service. There is a general store on site which has essentials if you need them - they are costly but expected as this is a resort town in a remote location.

The skiing is what to come here for, as beginners we were so pleased with our choice. We used the on-site rental Breck Sports for our rentals for adults and were very pleased. Knowledgable, friendly and helpful (assisted with changing ski boots for a better fit). We used the on site rental for our son which was also great - you cannot go wrong using the on site rentals. This is absolutely the rental choice, you won't regret it.

For ski lessons, we used the on site Breckenridge Ski School (from the breckenridge.com website). We chose the "Ultimate 4" for us (adults) and our son - this is absolutely a GREAT choice. The individual attention and level of instruction was simply incredible. Our instructor (adults skiing) was Skip Bradley - if you can get him, do it. What an incredible teacher - patient, thorough, knowledgable, respectful and fun. Our son had the Ultimate 4 for snowboarding with Everett Pelkey - again, simply awesome! This is a great choice, gets you great instruction and is well worth the money.

In general, everyone we encountered (hotel staff, lift attendants, etc.) was friendly, helpful and pleasant. Overall this was a great vacation for us and we are very happy with staying at Beaver Run. We came for the skiing and the location and were pleased with our choice.

4  Thank Rod A