“At Beaver Run for a Conference”

Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Washington, DC
“At Beaver Run for a Conference”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at Beaver Run Resort for a conference and had a room in Building 4. It was one of the units that has the huge glass-enclosed shower/hot tubs that might as well be called its own room. I thought it was really cool and perfect for a romantic couple’s get-away. I can see where it might be inappropriate for a family because even when the shades are closed, I think you can see inside. However, I could see having a couple of kids with tag along, too, because the room had a separate living/dining room with a wood-burning fireplace and flatscreen t.v., beautiful leather sleeper sofa, and updated kitchen. I liked that the toilet and sink area was separated from the shower/bath because it didn’t fog up and theoretically someone could use it while the shower/tub was in use. The lighting in the bedroom was a little dim, but I know each unit is individually owned and I probably should have said something to the management when I checked out. (I was in room 523, in case the management reads this!) The kitchen in this unit must recently have been updated because it had marble counter tops, as did the bathroom. The unit didn't seem dated to me, at all.

Because I was on the 5th floor, I had a lovely view of the mountains and left my sliding glass door open—and screen door shut--the entire time I was there. I could hear the fountains in the front of the building and people in the hot tub, but since I was alone in my room I actually found those sounds, which weren’t very loud, enjoyable. While at Beaver Run I spent most of my time in meetings and sessions so I didn’t get to participate in any of the fun activities or shopping around Breckenridge. I’m just glad I got to have that lovely room and see the beautiful scenery around the resort.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for the views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DCGator
BeaverRunResortFun, General Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time spent here for your conference.

I am glad you received the service you deserved throughout the conference.
It would be great if you could return sometime on a vacation and enjoy all that we have to offer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is the 3rd time ive been back to Brek from the UK but the 1st time i've stayed in Beaver Run Resort, its a Great place to stay . Snowboarding weather was unbelievable so much powder rooms were nice and tended to everyday :) awesome shuttle service into town if you didn't fancy the walk. Staff were friendly and attentive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here at Beaver Run Resort.

It is always a pleasure to read that we more than met your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a nice stay at Beaver Run. Our two bedroom condo was comfortable with updated bathrooms. Visited during the summer and utilized the shuttle service to town for dinner and then the next day to get to Peak 8. Each time, it was seamless. I would imagine it is wonderful to stay during ski season with easy access to lifts right outside the doors!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here.

I'm glad to read that your stay was a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We recently spent a week at Beaver Run for a conference being hosted there. Located in the heart of Breckenridge, the Beaver Run Resort is a combination of condos, time shares, and traditional hotel rooms. As others have noted, the rooms are dated, as are some other parts of the hotel (like the sad little arcade). But, we had a pleasant stay.

We were in the Colorado Suite, which has a separate living/dining area, a small kitchenette with a stove top and cookware, and a small patio. The strange thing about the room was that the bath/shower was separate from the sink/toilet area (they are on opposite sides of the room). With the exception of a rock hard mattress and lighting that was often too dark, we found it comfortable lodging for the week.

Parking is free (or at least it was in the summer time), and the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle around town. There's plenty to do in Breckenridge, even in the summer, and especially if you have kids. Take the free gondola ride to the top of the mountain, and you'll find a full amusement park. Eating and shopping is also close by.

And, for those considering hosting conferences and similar events there - we were very impressed with the hotel's support staff, particularly their coordinator and kitchen staff. And, despite the dated look of the hotel rooms, the conference rooms are really quite nice and modern-looking.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here.

I am glad to read that you received the high quality of Guest Service that we strive for.

The Resort is a Homeowners Association and each of the units is owned individually. To participate in the Rental Program, units have to meet over a minimum rating and the units are inspected annually. If a guest is unhappy with their accommodations we welcome them to request a different Unit.

We look forward to serving you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 6 times now flying from the UK love this place bottom of mountain 20 yards walk to lifts, indoor out door pool, many hot tubs in the snow, only small complaint steam room and sauna never hot enough needs updating, open fires bars restaurants and only 2 mins from high street free hotel bus, but we walk the 7mins, rooms clean modern staff great cant praise this place enough

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mackcfc
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Beaver Run Resort.

It is a pleasure to read that we are meeting and exceeding your expectations. Great Guest Service is something we pride ourselves in.

We look forward to serving you again soon.
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

80's/90's decor, thin walls, and dingy (referring to building 2). The resort is clean along with clean linens. If you're looking for a place to only sleep and nothing more then this is your place. An update to the resort would make it more appealing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tjleslie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

We are continually renovating the property and hope to have you stay with us gain.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When we arrived you could see the building was old. Not a big deal, if it didn't look that way on the inside as well. The grounds looked unkempt. A lot of weeds. Our kitchenette in the room was not stocked. Had to call front desk. We were told the room had a big bath tub with jets.The jets did not work. Our room had a very small and narrow balcony. Half our view was the building next to us. The best part about the room was the bed. It was so comfortable! Unfortunately though, I would probably find someplace else to stay the next time I am in Breckenridge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cynthia B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience here.

We continuously strive to maintain and upgrade the Resort. I was sorry to read that we were not able to meet your expectations.