“Nice stay at Beaver Run”

Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed in a studio for one night and enjoyed it. The small deck overlooked Breck, and the jetted soaker tub inside the unit was great. The kitchenette had everything we needed, and we found the unit quite spacious, despite being a studio.

The only downside was the parking. It was necessary to park in a garage some distance away, and there was construction taking place that made the trip with luggage quite a bit longer than otherwise necessary.

All in all, we are happy with our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
BeaverRunResortFun, General Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.

I know how inconvenient it can be to find parking for the Building 4 accommodations once its parking lot fills up. I am very happy to let you know that a new three floor elevator is being installed connecting Building 3 to the skywalk to Building 4. This is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2014 - 2015 Ski Season.

That new addition will allow our guests to park inside the parking garage under Building 3 and get over to Building 4 without using the stairs or going outside.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My wife & I stayed at Beaver Run for a week in August 2014. This is the third time we have stayed at this property and each time we noticed that the property keeps improving. The property is lower keyed in the summer vs winter ski season but still lots to do. The pools and spas are open and Spencer's restaurant and the Base 9 Lounge are open. The free Beaver Run shuttle is running and will take you anywhere in town and pick you up when you wish to return. Lots of information on local activities at concierge desk.

We stayed in building 4 and were very happy with the Colorado Suite.

The staff is very well trained, friendly and happy to help.

We will be back

Room Tip: We liked building 4 the best
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BeaverRunResortFun, General Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to hear that the service you received from our staff was as good as the service you deserve. Employees are trained that our guests are one of our most important assets.

We look forward to serving your again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family and I stayed here a few years ago and it was the best ski holiday I'd ever been on. Yes we were spoilt with all the fresh snow most days, but the hotel was fantastic!
We went with a few families so we were all dispersed around the hotel depending on what rooms we'd booked, but it was always easy to get around the resort and the food at breakfast was amazing!
It was really nice to be able to walk straight out of the resort and be on the slopes, near a ski lift and the entire place was just magical! They were doing horse carriage rides when we were there and they looked wonderful.
The food in every single place that we ate within the resort was really yummy.
The pool was brilliant as well because you could go indoors and outdoors without having to walk outside.
The outside area where you can sit and look at the piste was really nice, with a fire pit and lots of seating, we found ourselves sitting out there a lot at the end of the day, waiting for everyone to come back after a good days skiing.
I hope we'll get to go back here one day.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma C

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found you visit memorable.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was my second trip to Breck. The first time I stayed at a friend's vacation home. This time I was there on business. Beaver Run hosted an industry conference for 2 days. So, for convenience, I booked a room at Beaver Run. My room key reader repeatedly had trouble, requiring me to call security for assistance twice. There was a huge purple stain on the otherwise-dirt-stained carpet. All the finishes are old and outdated. It felt a bit like a buddy's 20 year old cabin in the woods. The bathrooms felt like maybe your grandma's house with a $1,000 recent remodel. Only good thing I can say is that I specifically requested a quiet room and they did deliver that. Other people I spoke to who stayed at this resort during the same conference complained that their rooms had thin walls and that they slept poorly due to the noise.

In short, very disappointing. It's in a great location, great mountainside setting. It has high potential. It just needs a complete overhaul.

Room Tip: I guess I'd say you need to specifically request a quiet room if you want a chance at getting on...
1  Thank Russellt00

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at Beaver Run.

The property is a Homeowners Association and each unit is individually owned and decorated to accommodate the owners tastes. We realize that not everyone is comfortable with some individual, different tastes. Each unit must meet above a minimum rating to be a part of the Rental Program, this provides our guests with the insurance that their room should be comfortable and meet their expectations. If this is not the case, we encourage our guests request a room change.

We would like to have you come back and let us try to meet your expectations.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in building 4 at Beaver Run for a conference. My room, assigned by conference planners, was very nice: separate area for the bed, a kitchenette, and a full living room, equipped with fireplace and sliding door to a balcony. Showering/bath room, which seemed to be a spa-like area, was separate from a more normal countertop area where I applied makeup, brushed teeth, etc. Next to this was a dimly lit toilet. Okay for me, but I wondered how it would work for larger parties. The spa bath was not what I would have picked since I prefer showers, and it was difficult to lumber over the spa bathtub, draw the curtain in a swirl around the tub a few times, and then locate the water handles and soap. Not the fault of the resort at all, but for those choosing rooms, you should consider what you want. Colleagues who were assigned different types of rooms had pros and cons as well.

If I were visiting Breckenridge again I would stay here again happily.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here.

From the sound of your review, you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

On par with a 3 star but with the addition of nice amenities like kitchen, dishwasher, indoor/outdoor pool, hot tubs, tennis courts, etc. We stayed in a 2 bedroom that was rated 92 and got a decent last minute deal through their website. Staff was friendly. Pool & hot tubs were good. Beds were very comfortable and had nice feather cushions & duvets. Not the cleanest hotel but overall suited our families' needs. Video games were not all working when we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a high rated room like 92 or better. Look at their listed rates and compare to other hotel w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mangosteenlove
BeaverRunResortFun, General Manager at Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at Beaver Run Resort for a conference and had a room in Building 4. It was one of the units that has the huge glass-enclosed shower/hot tubs that might as well be called its own room. I thought it was really cool and perfect for a romantic couple’s get-away. I can see where it might be inappropriate for a family because even when the shades are closed, I think you can see inside. However, I could see having a couple of kids with tag along, too, because the room had a separate living/dining room with a wood-burning fireplace and flatscreen t.v., beautiful leather sleeper sofa, and updated kitchen. I liked that the toilet and sink area was separated from the shower/bath because it didn’t fog up and theoretically someone could use it while the shower/tub was in use. The lighting in the bedroom was a little dim, but I know each unit is individually owned and I probably should have said something to the management when I checked out. (I was in room 523, in case the management reads this!) The kitchen in this unit must recently have been updated because it had marble counter tops, as did the bathroom. The unit didn't seem dated to me, at all.

Because I was on the 5th floor, I had a lovely view of the mountains and left my sliding glass door open—and screen door shut--the entire time I was there. I could hear the fountains in the front of the building and people in the hot tub, but since I was alone in my room I actually found those sounds, which weren’t very loud, enjoyable. While at Beaver Run I spent most of my time in meetings and sessions so I didn’t get to participate in any of the fun activities or shopping around Breckenridge. I’m just glad I got to have that lovely room and see the beautiful scenery around the resort.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor for the views.
1  Thank DCGator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your time spent here for your conference.

I am glad you received the service you deserved throughout the conference.
It would be great if you could return sometime on a vacation and enjoy all that we have to offer.