“Beautiful view and tranquil room”

Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Beautiful view and tranquil room”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed in a studio room for 3 days on business. The room was spacious for a studio. I had a balcony with a view of Maggie pond and the waterfall. The water in the pond is clear so I enjoyed watching the fish swim. There was a group of geese that would swim around in the morning. It was so tranquil standing on the balcony. Every morning there was a list of property activities and Breckenridge "things to see" on the kitchen floor. Since I was not there for pleasure, I did not get to participate, but the list seemed to include something for every age group. It made me wish I was there to play. I walked to the restaurants in the evening which only took a couple of minutes and was a nice walk.

The staff was extremely friendly. I agree with other reviews that the parking is challenging, but it was summer and I was able to find outside parking 2 of the 3 nights. They may consider valet in the future. This property is not the fanciest Marriott Vacation Club I have stayed at, but the whole reason most people go to Breckenridge is for the beauty of the mountains and outdoor activities. The bed and pillows are the reason I stay at Marriotts and this property did not disappoint. The room was clean and had everything I needed. Since it is off season the room rate was amazing. I am not a fan of winter, so it was the perfect time for me to visit.

Room Tip: I suggest a view of Maggie Pond.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Staff was very good, room was outstanding (one bedroom), accommodations were unbelievable, view of a river and water fall (nice sound at night). Quiet, 2 patio doors, one in bedroom and one in front room. The only negative was underground parking, hard to maneuver around, not many signs to show where to go or exit (tight quarters). Amenities are many, walking distance to downtown, bottom of hill 9. Oh, two baths, whirlpool tub was the size of a hot tub. Can order in from several restaurants.

Room Tip: Try and get room by water fall.
1 Thank Bruce S
Whitewater, Colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We rented a 1-bedroom "villa" and really enjoyed all the extra space. According to Kayla at the front desk, all the rooms at this property had been renovated in the last 60-90 days. The room smelled clean and looked clean, but I did find food crumbs and potato chips under the easy chair from previous occupants (I dropped something and had to retrieve it), and the carpet (not replaced or cleaned?) was in need of a shampooing.

Lots of windows, but our view was primarily of the building next door, with a partial view of Maggie Pond. The kitchen was very well equipped, but next time I will bring my own coffee and cream. The bathrooms (2 of them) were nicely equipped and had new tile installed recently. The HD TVs were a plus, and both worked great, with many channels.

Our only major complaint was noise. Our room was too close to the elevators, and the hallway ran along the backside of the room. Lots of noise from running kids and the elevators until about 9:30 pm when it finally got quiet. We weren't awakened at night, thank goodness. Perhaps during the next renovation they will add some sound insulation.

But, we loved the location, the staff were friendly and helpful, and our stay was fun. We will stay here again--just not next to the elevators.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators if you don't like noise.
2 Thank Colorado_Rick
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are outstanding, much more than we expected for the price. They are obviously set up for the skiing crowd. Beautiful views of the mountains and Maggie Pond. They have typical resort type activities for adults and kids that you can join participate in.

They have a wonderful outdoor heated pool, great fitness center, several hot tubs. Parking is a bit odd but not bad once you get the hang of it. Everything is walkable so you can just park your car and leave it.

Great location. It's a quick walk to all the fun stuff on Main Street. Close to wonderful restaurants, coffee shops and all kinds of interesting shops and boutiques.

We'd love to spend more time in Breckenridge and we'll definitely stay here when we do.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Rooms clean and spacious with everything required. Lovely views from both the bedroom and living area. Regular complimentary hotdogs s'mores and films plus activities if desired.the accommodation is ideally placed in terms of location to the centre of breckenridge which is within easy walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013
Des Moines
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We did an exchange and have not been disappointed. We had stayed here ten years ago, and decided to go back. We had a studio room and it was very nice. Close to all. Full kitchen, well maintained, and location great. You could pretty much park your car and walk to most things if you wanted to do.

Lots of things to do close by. Restaurants and attractions abound.

1 Thank melshas4
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for lodging in Breck. The lobby area is small but nicely decorated. The clerk at the front desk was friendly and helpful. We were staying for few days for my daughters birthday. She directed us to some local eateries, the grocery store to buy a birthday cake and even tried to help us when we realized we had forgotten to buy birthday candles.

The room was spacious with a full kitchen that was well stocked. This enabled us to make pancakes for breakfast and margaritas for dinner! We stayed in a junior suite with a bedroom, two full baths and two full size pullout couches, with very comfortable mattresses. The room was large enough that even with both beds pulled out there was still walking room.

There was a very nice pool area with 4 separate hot tubs. Although there are no restaurants at the hotel, the hotel itself was a short 2-3 minute walk to Mainstreet and the nearest restaurant.

As I said we stayed during the summer so I am not sure about a shuttle etc. in order to get to the mountain for skiing, I would assume they have one but the lot to catch the gondola is within a few minutes if you are driving.

The only drawback I would say is that the ventilation system was right next to our bedroom and could be quite loud at times. In general if I have a choice I usually stay at the Marriott. Great bedding - the most comfortable of any place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family