“Awesome views”

The Lodge at Breckenridge
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and upgraded our room to a mountain view room so we could be on the ground floor. My husband has a bad knee and going up stairs is difficult. They do not have elevators. I could have stayed in the room all day just taking in the view, it was spectacular. They do not have air conditioning in the rooms but I didn't mind at all. We just opened the window and took in the fresh air. We enjoyed the hot tub in the afternoon which had great views. We also liked that there was a deck outside the breakfast room so we could enjoy breakfast outdoors especially since we were traveling with our small dog. The rooms were a bit outdated and did not have refrigerators or microwaves. We only stayed one night so it didnt really matter to us. The hotel grounds were great for walking our dog off the beaten path. I would love to come back with our family and stay in one of the houses.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Lvrile
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stopped in Breckenridge on our way to Rocky Mountain National Park and loved this lodge. The woman at the front desk (Karen) was friendly and knowledgeable, and the hotel was charming. We stayed in a king-sized mountain view room and were not disappointed. The view was incredible. Our room had a gas fireplace, which would be lovely in the winter. Unfortunately, we stayed in the summer and the room was very warm. We adjusted the thermostat, turned on the fan, and opened the windows at night but were warm all night. (To be fair, we didn't contact the front desk about the issue. I feel confident that they'd have helped us, but we didn't feel like changing out of PJs.) The bathroom was small but clean and functional. The room was large, the bed was comfortable, and there is plenty of parking. My husband and I struggled with the altitude, so lugging our bags up and down the stairs wasn't fun. An elevator would make this place so much better for those of us from closer to sea level. We hope to make it back to Breck some day, and if we do, we'll definitely stay here. Thanks, Lodge & Spa!

Room Tip: I'm sure the forest view rooms are lovely, but snag a mountain view if you can! They're wort...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katiekate678
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post information on your recent stay with us here at The Lodge & Spa. We are definitely known for our spectacular mountain views. In the summer we recommend that you keep your windows open and your blinds closed during the day. We have an incredible staff here that will go above and beyond to make sure your stay is the best ever. Always let us know of any issue and we will find a way to resolve anything. We look forward to seeing you back in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stayed here for the view and the serene location. The hotel offers quaint, lodge-esque accommodations overlooking the mountains--stunning views from our room on the first floor. I can't speak to many of the amenities as we were not here long. The hot tubs seemed like they'd be amazing. Our room was nice and quiet and the fireplace worked, room temperature was fine for the season. Our only complaints were that the bed was a bit tired and the breakfast left a bit to be desired for the more health-conscious. Definitely locate this place on a map prior to trying to find it so you've got a clearer idea of where you're going and can visually see the additional directions provided by the hotel; otherwise you'll get there but in a roundabout fashion.

Room Tip: We preferred the mountain view room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank intelliblonde
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Our Mountain View Rooms with 1 king bed and our Suites offer a fireplace. Breakfast is a continental, including such items as hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal, breads, muffins, Danish, etc. We do recommend that you follow our driving directions as MapQuest and GPS can lead you up a more difficult route.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

When I first checked in I was like whoa what did I sign up for... I'm use to staying at pretty nice accommodations during my business travels and decided I was ready to see mountainous side of Colorado.

The drive from Denver is approximately 2 hours or less in heavy traffic. Wanted to try something different I communted each morning. I loved view and driving the twist and turns of the mountainside. Check in was easy views were spectacular. My first suite was #201 on the end it was a small suite with an extra window and a great view. Small kitchen area and flannel furniture. I took a deep breathe and headed to have an massage with Erika. Here skills were unmatched the best 80 minute deep tissue message ever!! I returned to my room I changed for dinner. I noticed the bed was a little lumpy

Thinking about the sustaining the benefits of a great message, I requested a room change and without hesitation was given Room 203 Mt Columbia which larger and an had some additional upgrades. Both rooms had a fireplace.The room had no A/C but I was supplied with a standing fan after all it was 98 degrees however, just opening the window made a difference. The staff was extremely helpful and really accommodated every request.

Breakfast was modest. The hot tubs were relaxing and the property is quiet, peaceful and relaxing. The fitness center was adequate and never crowded. There are restaurant just down the hill. I chose however to drive and have dinner in Vail night. Check out was simple. If you're like me and do not like running errands pick up food, wine and beer and other creature comforts before you arrive. Stay here for the VIEW!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at The Lodge! We offer multiple room types, and only our Suites have the mini-kitchenette along with a larger sitting area and fireplace. All Suites are the same, excluding 2 on the corner of the building that have 2 chairs instead of a full sleeper sofa. We do not have AC, however there are no other hotels in Breckenridge that do. We recommend to our guests to open the window and experience the refreshing breeze of the mountain air.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

This secluded 3 bedroom ,four bath home was better than promised.Gas fire place for the cool mountain chill and a hot tub off the deck of the bedroom .
Each bedroom also had its own master bath,perfect for any group or family.Property run by the lodge if you are looking for somthing more than a room.. Close to town.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

The Lodge offers 2 3-bedroom/3 1/2 bath houses as lodging options. These houses are slightly different and do offer different amenities. Please contact us directly if you are interested in staying in one of our houses that also includes all the amenities that the regular lodging rooms receive.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

End of the winter season is a good time to visit this place. Hotel was good and well located a top of a nice hill. Fantastic view from the hotel room. Clean, warm, rustic wood structure inside but comfortable. Just 5 minutes away of town and ski resorts.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge is a rustic mountain lodge. We are known for our spectacular mountain views of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and Breckenridge Ski Resort. We are always updating and fixing any issues at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

For the price of a holiday inn, this hotel was perfect for a 1 night getaway from denver. I don't think I would want to stay here if the price was any higher however as it is an older building that maintaince has not been kept up on a lot of the building. The hot tubs and views were the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge is a boutique rustic mountain lodge. We are know for our spectacular mountain views and quiet atmosphere. The Lodge is constantly making updates to enhance our over look and feel of the property.