“Wonderul view, wonderful staff, great location”

The Lodge at Breckenridge
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Perfect place for a mountain getaway. I had a mountain view suite and the view was spectacular.

I had to change my travel plans at the last minute from Estes park to Breckenridge because of the flooding. The Lodge and Spa was the first location I called about getting a room. The staff was kind and understanding to my situation and offered a 20% discount. I was thrilled with their generosity and booked a room for 4 days. The room, furniture and lodge itself has a very old rustic feel which I thought was perfect. The bed, pillows were very comfortable and quite cozy on a cool night!

Only a few minor things were wrong with the room. When I first arrived my room was hot so I decided to move the curtain over to block the sun and the curtain rod fell down. I was able to put it back up myself with no problems, but noticed that it was loosely sitting on screws instead of being screwed into the walls. I had to stand on the desk in the room to get this done which wasn't a big deal, but noticed after the fact that one of the legs on the desk was crooked and could have easily broken off. I was lucky it didn't or I would have fallen and probably hurt myself. I also tried to close the shutters to block the sun and one of those was broken and wouldn't hold its position. I opened the windows to allow the cool mountain air in and the window wouldn't stay open so I had to come up with a way to keep it open. Like I said, all of these were minor and really no big deal, but I thought I'd mentioned it.

I was very disappointed in the breakfast and only had breakfast at the lodge once. With so many places to eat downtown that served breakfast it was not that big of a deal.

All of the above I mentioned were minor issues and would not stop me from staying at the lodge again.

Room Tip: Don't miss out on the mountain view when booking a room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Liz M, Director of Sales at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you so much - we appreciate you taking some time to offer your feedback on your recent stay. We are so thrilled that you were pleased with the service from our team members, and that you enjoyed the home-like atmosphere of The Lodge.
Thank you also for your feedback regarding some maintenance required in your guestroom. While we would have loved to help you personally, we certainly appreciate your notes so our maintenance team can address this immediately.
Please know that our complimentary breakfast will soon be undergoing a renaissance along with the rest of our property within the next year. Should your travels bring you back to the The Lodge, we promise you a whole new experience.
Thank you again for sharing your review.

All the Best!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and it had an Swiss Alps ski resort feel to it. Very friendly helpful staff. Our room was average size and needed some remolding. The health club was excelllent and pool was beautiful.
We loved our stay and would recommend staying.
No Ac

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank your for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. The 'Swiss Alps' is a wonderful way to describe The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge! We do have 2 wonderful hot tubs that sit facing the mountains, no pool. Our athletic club features both a weight room and cardio room. The Lodge is known for its quiet atmoshper along with our spectacular mountian views!
Cheers, Rhonda

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We recently stayed here and I wanted to highlight some of the fantastic features offered at the hotel. The view from the room was absolutley breathtaking. We paid an extra $10 for a mountain view and it was worth every penny. The towel's were brand new and soft as can be. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathrooms could use an update but for the price of the hotel it was great value.

Room Tip: Get the mountain view room!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We appreciate you descriptive review on your recent stay. We just replaced all our bed linen and towels. We are very excited to say that we have a remodel to come starting this winter. I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

First time to Breckenridge in the summer and it was everything we hoped for. The Lodge had that Colorado laid back rustic elegance. Incredible views, complimentary plush robes, great breakfast every morning (also with a view) we took our breakfast outside on the big deck just steps away. After a full day of activities it was great to ascend above the town to the 'castle on the mountain' for the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foxlake50

So great to hear that you had a relaxing spa getaway! We hope to see you again in the future.
Note-robes are issued to guests that are getting spa treatments at our Meridian Spa.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a beautiful rustic room with incredible views of the ski runs on the mountains. The room was a little bit worn but hopefully the renovation this Fall will address this. The Jacuzzi tubs are great on a deck with the same stunning views. We enjoyed a late night drink on the deck but couldn't find the light, neither could the European gentleman who had apparently just started working there! Oh well, we just turned on the light by the breakfast room and then enjoyed the stars. This is a great property and the staff, Joe in particular, were excellent. The room was very warm this July and there is no A/C. Thankfully, the huge windows open and it being very safe, we left ours open for a few hours and took the free bus into town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and your compliments to our team. We are very excited for our future changes here at The Lodge and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always expect something good when I travel to USA. Specially in ski areas where there are many options and massive flow of people. I was there to ski with my family for 5 days and I didn't have the best experience.

First, the rooms were pretty old, when I laid down I dropped my phone behind the bed, and I had to move to get it. It was SO nasty with dead insects and so on. Looked like it hasn't been cleaned since summertime. Toilettes were also small and awful finish up.
Our room was outside, so to go have breakfast we has to go through the cold and then in again.

But the worse part of all was the problem we had with the transfer driver. We have called him and waited for half an hour at the ski station. He arrived late and filled up the van with people that had booked after us. I went to talk to him and he was SO RUDE.
He yelled at me and treated me like a piece of trash (to not say something else) I am so sure he did that just because I was a girl, I am sure he wouldn't raise his voice like that if I were a guy. My family doesn't speak english so they were all looking not knowing what was going on.
My dad put his skis in the back of the car and he came and threw them on the floor. When I saw my dad bending to get them it made me feel like punching that guy. He left us there for another half an hour, the ski station closed and everybody was gone.

We had to walk with the heavy skis on our hands to get a buss about 1km away. When we arrived I reported what had happened and the answer was "Ahh he has been working with us for 5 years and no one has ever said that".... REALLY?! What kind of answer is that. Well, this place is not worth your money.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay there, pick the ones inside of the main building.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MPaolucci

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. I have reviewed your comments with our team members to ensure that a scenario like this does not happen in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything that I can further help you with. We do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here for three nights the first week in August. For the price we paid ~$160/ night in high season I thought we had a great deal compared to what was offered in town. We had only booked two night but enjoyed the place so much we stayed an additional night.

We had a room on the second floor, room 210. The view was fantastic, it made the trip. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and very quiet at night.

Continental breakfast was included and very good. It was maintained by a nice young guy that made sure everything was clean and full.

In addition EVERY person we delt with was very friendly and helpful.

Town is just a 3 minute ride down the hill. Hiking trails start at the end of the property.

We enjoyed our stay very much and look forward to staying here again. The place does need a little updating but I hope the upcoming renovations dont change too much of what we liked about the place and I hope it doesnt raise the rates too much.

Room Tip: 210 has the best veiw
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We love hearing when our guests decide to stay another night! Our renovations are only going to enhance to the offers we have now. We look forward to seeing you back soon!