“Lovely resort nea Denver”

Omni Interlocken Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely resort nea Denver”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights on the way to Wyoming. Lovely ambience in this hotel. Staff very friendly. We ate in the restaurant twice and both times the food was very good. Breakfast also very good. I had a very good treatment in the spa but the spa area was not what I expected. There was a corridor leading down to the outside pool running down the middle of the spa making it very noisy. The relaxation room was tiny and did not have any loungers, it was more like a waiting room. I could hear voices in the background while I was having my treatment !!!
The pool area is lovely but they play very loud music all the time . Hotel is lovely both inside and outside but not conducive to relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Interlocken Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your spa treatment. We do apologize for the noise from the corridor. It's something we're working to fix either with increased insulation or rearranging the configuration.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Childress, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just finished a five night stay at this resort. Overall, this is a nice property. The rooms were clean and comfortable and housekeeping did a good job. We didn't have a lot of interaction with the staff...what little we did was fine. The location is really nice. There is a new mall that is really close. Estes Park and Winter Park are both within a two hour drive and Boulder was less than 15 minutes. Not a lot to say about this hotel except that it won't blow you away, but for the money, it was a good choice. If you join their Select loyalty club, you get wi-fi free. Also, parking is free and they offer complimentary valet. However, we found it easier just to park our own car because it was faster just to get it ourselves.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kristint724
If you join our Select Guest program (free to join) you will also receive free morning beverage service and newspaper along with free Wi-Fi during your stay. We hope you'll come back next time you're in town.
Superior, Colorado
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Beautiful hotel grounds with 2 fabulous pools, hot tub, work out room and spa. Service is incredible! Rooms were okay. The first room we had wasn't as clean as we would have hoped for. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they moved us immediately, and even sent up a bottle of wine to make up for the inconvenience. The second room was very clean, just a bit dated with the carpet and a few other details. Sign up for the points program to receive perks such as free wireless and cookies/milk, even on your first stay. Breakfast was delicious, just got a bit heavy after a few days, and made us wish there were a few lighter options. Room service breakfast was delivered at the requested time and with a smile, but the food wasn't as good as in the restaurant. Debbie in the spa gives perfect nail treatments, and the massages are to die for, too! Gigantic Otter Pops given for free to the kids at the pool, and "dive-in" movies on Fri./Sat. nights. One of the best hotel options in the area, for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
D.C.
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Interlocken during our anniversary trip to Colorado. It was our third time in Colorado, and we had stayed at numerous luxury hotels including The Broadmoor and The Ritz Carlton Bachelor's Gulch. Some reviewers mentioned that Omni Interlocken was a luxury property, so we thought we scored a deal! It was a deal, but not as luxurious as I expected. Don't get me wrong though, we did enjoyed our stay at the Omni. We also thought that it was a perfect family hotel with all the amenities they offer (the pool and the golf course).

We had a room with a view of the golf course and the outdoor swimming pool. It was not the greatest view, but we were happy that we weren't looking at the parking lot. The sliding door to the balcony does block some noise, but we still heard really loud music for more than 3-4 hours on Saturday night. So, if you are staying here over the weekend, I think it maybe better to get a room facing the parking lot. If you ares staying during the weekdays, definitely ask for a room with a view.

The staff were really nice and kind. They were very welcoming and knowledgeable about the area and the activities in the area. We really appreciated the hospitality provided by the hotel staff. The guest relations people really tried to make our stay special. A bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries were so lovely.

The location of the hotel was great. It was only about 10 minutes to downtown Boulder and much less expensive than hotels located right in the city. If you rented a car, it's worth staying 10 minutes away from the city, save some $$$, and enjoy more serene environment.

I really hate to do this because we did enjoy our time at the Omni, but as an enthusiastic travel reviewer, I do have to mention couple downsides.

First, housekeeping. I think it's because they were so busy and packed that they could not handle the volume of requests and housekeeping needs. Or, at least, I would like to think so. I noticed a couple spots of carpet stain, but I didn't make a big deal out of it. But then, when we came back from our trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park, we found there was a room service tray left right in front of our door with broken glasses on the hall way carpet. We requested a clean up. No one showed up for at least 30 minutes. I mean..it wasn't just spilled juice. There were broken glass pieces on the carpet. Thank god no one got hurt, but I was a bit disappointed.

Second, noise. As I mentioned earlier, we really had a difficult time trying to rest and sleep. The day we arrived, they had an outdoor swimming pool movie showing for kids. We could hear everything, but we didn't mind it much as it ended early in the evening. However, the next day, we really suffered. We were out and about hiking and walking around the Rocky Mountain National Park and the Flatirons all day, and came back to the hotel exhausted. We had an early flight to catch and were trying to sleep. The music at the wedding venue was extremely loud and WOULD NOT stop!! I don't think the volume needed to be that loud to reach closed door 5th floor room - I could hear the music from the bathroom with the bathroom door closed. It was terrible!

Despite the two downsides, my overall experience at the hotel was great. Friendly staff and their caring touches really made up for some of the things that disappointed us. We would probably return to Omni next time we make it out to Boulder.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HurTrips
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I booked this hotel on a
Third party site for $80 a night for 2 nights. When we checked in we were given the "third party" room... No view, baseboards separated from the walls, etc. The worst part was that the room was directly over the restaurant/pool and we could literally hear people talking and laughing from our room at 10pm. My husband even checked the window because he thougt it had been left open. Also no tv remote in the room. I didn't even really care about the noise that much- I always bring ear plugs with me to hotels. I called and asked to switch rooms, was told they only had 1 room left, and we gladly accepted. When we got to the new room, the bed looked like it had just been made, the throw pillows were on the floor, melted ice was in the bucket, and an open bottle of water was on the dresser. I went down to the manager and complained and was told this was their "turndown service". Funny, when we walked into the first room there was no "turndown service". I accepted this explanation and went back to my room. A few minutes later our door opened and another couple walked in. They had been given the same room. Went back downstairs, was told by the manager it was a "glitch" in the system. I got an apology and a "can I get you anything?". Really? For $80 a night all I expect is a clean, quiet room that I don't have to share with 2 strangers from Alabama. I have stayed in many hotels over the years and have never written a review. I felt compelled to write this because I have never experienced such poor service from a 2 star hotel let alone one with a 4 star rating. My sister stayed at the Renaissance Flatiron and the rooms are MUCH nicer (they are suites with 2 queens and a pullout sofa). We also stayed at the Westin Westminster for the first 3 nights of our trip. Both of these hotels are so much better than the Omni. Service and overall condition of the rooms are far better. I also booked the Westin and the Renaissance on The same third party website for around the same price.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank mamabug70
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Very very nice hotel at reasonable prices - very quiet rooms, great large workout room, two pools and jacuzzi, outdoor bar on pool deck - great views of mountains, convenient to shopping mall and restaurant within walking distance in upscale business park.

Room Tip: get room facing mountains
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed at the Omni from July 13th to July 18th, and I enjoyed every moment of it. The rooms are clean and spacious, the lobby and grounds were lovely, and the hotel staff were really great. In fact, I ordered supper through room service one evening, and 10 minutes later I got a call from the server who had taken my order the night before. He had just started his shift, and he saw that the order for my room was slightly different than it had been the night before (I ordered the salmon plate, but the lady who took my order incorrectly wrote it down as the salmon entree). He had called to ask me to confirm me order. When he realized that the other server had made a mistake, he adjusted my bill to reflect the cost of the meal I wanted (which was significantly cheaper!) and let me keep the meal that had already been prepared. I've never experienced such exceptional customer service at a hotel before. Truly, the staff at the Omni went above and beyond to make sure that my stay was comfortable and enjoyable. I will definitely be staying at the Omni if I ever return to Colorado!

Room Tip: Try to get a mountain view... it's breath-taking!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Central Business District
Four Seasons Hotel Denver
St Julien Hotel and Spa
#2 of 23 in Boulder
Downtown
The Crawford Hotel
The Crawford Hotel
#2 of 157 in Denver

Been to Omni Interlocken Hotel? Share your experiences!