“Hibachi is your best bet”
Review of Mt Fuji

Mt Fuji
Ranked #154 of 210 Restaurants in Broomfield
Reviewed 27 June 2018

If you aren't on the hibachi/show side, then don't expect much. The poor bartender was also our waiter and was really not on point. Food was meh. Tempura dish was WAY too much fried food - need to mix that up a bit. Ramen was delish. May be back when we have time to do the show side.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Ambiance is terrible. Food is way overpriced. Service was just okay; it's not the fun lively hibachi experience that you would go to a place like that for and even after we said we were there for a celebration. Overall, a disappointment and we won't be back.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

I see bad reviews about this place but for us the place was great. The server was friendly and very attentive and the Hibachi chef was personable and cooked some really great food. There was another group at our table and they said they loved it too.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

There is a serious lack of hibachi restaurants in the north Denver area. We love hibachi but rarely go out to eat it because of this. My son requested it for his birthday though. The reviews I had seen on Mt. Fuji were mixed - lots of bad reviews out there but I’ve also heard some good ones. So we were skeptical, but decided to give it a shot because the location is good. We were seated right away at about 5:45 on a Saturday night. The service was good and our waitress was attentive. The chef put on a good show, my kids really loved it. He did put the meat on the grill and then leave for several minutes at one point though, which I found very odd. The ventilation is poor, my daughter complained of the “smoke” several times. My family all got steak and we enjoyed the food. Not the best hibachi I’ve had, but good. The family we sat with (we didn’t know them) had chicken, fish & shrimp and they were not happy with their meals. They complained to the manager and he seemed pretty accommodating as far as making it up to them. The decor is really sparse and the bathroom didn’t seem as clean as I would expect in a restaurant that’s only been open for about 6 months. Overall, our experience was fine and the kids loved it, but I can’t say we’ll be rushing back. We might go back someday, I’m just not sure if it would be our first choice.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I try to be objective and find the positive for reviews, but one word describes our experience on Saturday night - disappointing!

We had reservations for 4 people at 6:00 PM, everyone was at the restaurant and checked in at the hostess stand by 6 PM. Hostess said they would have our table ready soon. After 30 minutes, we asked about seating, hostess seemed surprised, like she had skipped by our reservation, said table would be ready in about 15 minutes. Checked again 15 minutes later, still not ready. 10 more minutes passed and by this time groups who arrived after us were being seated. I asked to speak to the manager, seemed like they were going to get a manager, but no one came to speak with me. Coincidentally our party was called for seating at that time - no acknowledgement of the excessive wait time or apology for the delay - not a great start to the evening.

The dining room feels sterile, lacks any real character. On top of that, it is extremely loud throughout the restaurant. As I recall their previous location, it was broken up into smaller sections rather than one large room. The four of us were seated along one side of the hibachi table - it seemed like I had to yell to be heard by the person next to me, a conversation between the 4 of us was impossible.

Waitress took orders for the table, brought out drinks, soup, and salad. No issues there, other than she failed to ask the women in our group if they would like drink refills over the course of the evening.

Japanese hibachi restaurant - true, our food was prepared on the grill at our table. Our chef was not engaging or entertaining - no food flipped through the air or magic on the grill with the utensils. We had chicken and chicken/shrimp combo which were good. Good quality proteins and preparation was flavorful. A note, one person asked for "no mushrooms", so nobody at the table had mushrooms among their vegetables.

It's a shame to devote 3/4 of my review to everything but the food. Unfortunately, my expectations for this type of restaurant are more than simply a meal. It is the entire experience from walking in the door, through an entertaining show, and a satisfying meal - Mt Fuji failed on most counts.

My tip for Management (which I shared with the hostess) is that if they are unable to service the volume of customers, they should not take reservations. I can live with a few minutes wait after arriving with reservations, but 55 minutes is unacceptable! There are plenty of other restaurants in the area that value their patrons and will treat them with more respect. We were only out for dinner, I feel bad for other customers who may have had a movie or other plans after dinner.

While the food was good, I will not plan on returning to Mt Fuji.

Been to Mt Fuji? Share your experiences!