“Used to like them”

Ranked #105 of 192 Restaurants in Broomfield
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Near the corner of Sheridan Boulevard and 120th Street (US 287)
Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to like them”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have lived in Broomfield for many years and in the time that Zo Thai and Sushi has been there they were my go to place for Sushi. I am on a very restricted diet and Sushi is one of the few things I can get out to eat. However, the service has gotten worse, the 2 women that seem to run the place one has shoulder length hair the other one longer are quite rude. I have ordered for many years my Sushi without Wasabi and Ginger my digestive system just don't tolerate it. I don't mind waiting but I do mind getting my order screwed up. Tonight was the last straw I did not mind waiting but when after specifically asking to get my order (plain I guess) it was messed up. I did not have any more time to wait for a new order to be made nor do I know if they were going to or just remove the non wanted Ginger and Wasabi, which I did not want because the flavors are already in the rice after sitting for a while. I just asked for a refund so I could be on my way and was met with a lot of attitude, accused of yelling, I did not even raise my voice. When I told the one woman with the shorter hair she lost a customer and because of her coworker she was getting a bad review she did not care. So I will not be going back and you will see this review everywhere I can post it. Bad service finally drove me away.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank EVS512

Long Island, New York
“Big disappointment”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We ate at Zo Sushi and Thai because of the good reviews, but were sorely disappointed.

First there was a dish rag smell from the table top, but the waitress was very nice and sprayed it with a cleaner, which fixed the problem.

My wife ordered a Japanese salad, which was just lettuce with ginger dressing. She liked it. I ordered a Thai salad, which was much bigger and came with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and chicken, with a peanut dressing. It was pretty good.

My wife ordered an eel and avocado roll, which she liked and I didn't. Then we ordered Pad Thai with shrimp and beef ka-pow, which they called graprao. The ka-pow was very light on beef and full of vegetables. I thought it was OK, while my wife liked it better. The worst part of the meal was the Pad Thai. My wife tasted it and thought it was awful and wouldn't eat any more. I tried it and thought it was just fair, so I kept eating it. After finishing most of it, I came across an awful taste, which was what my wife tasted right from the beginning. It tasted like something spoiled. That was it for me. Even if it had been good, there were only five shrimp in the entire dish.

The service was very nice, but the food was substantially sub-par, so we won't give them another try.

• Visited July 2013
Northglenn, Colorado
“Great, friendly service for some tasty sushi”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Best sushi place in the area. They have great sushi that isn't over empowered with a ball of rice. Also, excellent happy hour pricing. Love seeing their smiling faces every time we come in.

Broomfield, Colorado
“Favorite sushi & Thai in Broomfield”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This is our favorite sushi and Thai place in Broomfield. The sushi is fresh and well made. My husband loves the Tai food here.

Visited November 2012
boulder
“Great Selection”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

They have a HUGE menu selection with sushi, japanse, and thai entrees.

Their thai offerings are especially great. Every single curry I've tried has been delicious. The noodles are good too. For something new, try their potato curry.

The only thing I've noticed is that the sushi quality can sometimes vary a little, even though I order the same 3 or 4 types of rolls. It's always worth it, but sometimes it's been amazing while other times it's just good.

Try some thai donuts or sticky rice for dessert.

Service is always great. Very underrated place. Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2012