“CU graduation”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Broomfield
Bay City, Tx
“CU graduation”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked two rooms at the Renaissance in Broomfield 5 months before CU graduation as everything in Boulder was already filled up. The location of this hotel is fine, about a 10 minute drive from Boulder. The hotel has very comfortable rooms, nice beds, all the amenities one needs. I am glad we ended up at this location as Boulder was jammed packed with traffic and people. The staff at the Rneaissance were polite, and very helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: You will need to have a car..
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KarenBayCityTX
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thanks so much for the great review and congratulations on your students graduation! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Overland Park
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The staff here go way beyond the ordinary hotel to make sure you have a pleasant stay! They are very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, clean, comfortable, and very well decorated. My only complaints are a noisy AC fan and an issue with hot water temperature adjustment in the shower. Overall very nice hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you back again soon!
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for six nights on a softball tournament package. We are Marriott Gold members and this is a nice Marriott property. The room was very spacious and extremely clean. We were in an odd numbered room on the eighth floor and had a gorgeous view. There were a number of things that made my rating a 4 and not a 5. The hotel has only two elevators which take FOREVER. One wait was nearly 10+ min. without exaggeration. Our room door rattled significantly every time another door closed. It must create a vacuum and pull the door back and forth. We took to putting a cooler against the door to keep it quiet. Not super safe. Our mini fridge died on the second to the last day and we ended up with spoiled food and a terrible smell. The windows don't open so we were stuck. While I understand that there were a LOT of people doing laundry in the second floor laundry room, the trash was overflowing and the floor was covered with lint. It really needed to be better checked and maintained. The bathroom vanity area needs a shelf under the counter to hold your toiletry bags. There's no other convenient place to put your things. Had a margarita in their bar one evening which set me back $10! Yikes! All in all, we were satisfied, but these things were a frustration.

Stayed July 2014
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks so much for your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay in regards to the elevator wait time, room door issue, mini fridge and laundry room experience. Please be sure I will address these items with my team and ensure that we are able to earn that 5 star rating from you next time. Thanks again, and hope to see you back soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 2 nights. Business trip.
The hotel certainly lives up to its name. They had a great bar and a lot of people hanging out. The lobby area had a lot of comfortable seating to accommodate casual conversations after work. One evening they had a complimentary beer tasting event as well. The staff is ready to listen and accommodate any reasonable requests. Enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Get a room with the view of the flatiron.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for a leisure trip and was really satisfied. For $119 per night, this hotel was top-notch. If I had stayed in Boulder, a similar room would have been much more expensive. The hotel is located in an industrial location across from the mall. You could easily have walked to the Walmart and other major chain stores. It took us about 10 minutes to get into Boulder, but traffic was bad on Rt 36 leaving Boulder on a Friday at 4:30. The hotel had a nice restaurant that had a good breakfast (for a price). And June in Colorado is great -- weather was perfect for sitting outside and having snacks and drinks. They had a fire pit that we enjoyed as the chill of the evening set in and we enjoyed Maker's Mark ice cream and coffee while looking at the sunset over the Flatirons. Really nice! The hotel was really buy because they were hosting a wedding, but we never felt crowded, except at the elevator. We took the stairs sometimes. WIFI was not free. (bummer!) and the Starbucks in the lobby was the usual. But I would go back there again! Better than the Courtyard by Marriott in Boulder or the Marriott near 29th.

Room Tip: The view of the Mountains is also a view of the rooftop of the Mall and Walmart nearby. So I think...
Green Features: Difficult to recycle bottles and glasses. No obvious recycling receptacles.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had booked this hotel for a one night stay after flying in to DIA. I was looking forward to staying in this area and as a Marriott rewards member I selected this hotel. I had booked a room with 2 queen beds and a package that included a bottle of wine and 2 breakfasts in their restaurant. Upon checking in (around 6pm) I was told they did not have any 2 bed rooms left so I would have to have a king bed room. Ok, not really a big deal as I was traveling with my sister but would definitly be a problem if traveling with a co-worker or other aquaintance. The clerk was very nice about it and said he upgraded me to a larger room with a view of the mountians and would waive the WIFI fee ($9.95/day). Great, no problem. However he couldnt "see" my package that I booked but he quickly fixed this and we we on our way to the room. Room 907 was gorgeous! A nice sitting area with desk, wet-bar area, desk and flat screen TV on a stand between the sitting area and bed. The bathroom was very nice with the vanity separate from the tub and toilet. Two large windows overlooked the beautiful mountains. A beautiful view!The room was very clean and spacious. And now it starts to go bad. The bed...it had great pillows and lovely linens. But it was hard. As a rock. I know that everyone has their preferance of bed type so most hotels may choose to go middle of the road on this issue. Because I was there for only one night I didn't ask if they had a mattress topper and that may have made the world of difference to me. I slept poorly and spent the next day with a sore back. The real downfall came at checkout. Of course I was charged for WIFI and when I asked to have the charge removed I was met with a very rude attitude from the clerk at the front desk. I didn't get a hi, how are you, how was your stay, or anything. She questioned me about why she should remove the charge since I had "obviously" used the service. When I explained that it was offered to me because of the hotel could not honor my room request she actually sighed and ROLLED HER EYES! That right there is why I will never stay at this hotel. Now the kicker...I checked my bank account upon returning home and found I was charged TWICE for the internet. Yup, instead of removing the charge she added another one. So I get to spend time on the phone with the hotel to fix this again.

Room Tip: You can't beat the mountain view rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JMas0n
David D, General Manager at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Good afternoon and thanks for your review. I truly apologize for the inconveniences you were faced with during your stay at my hotel. Please be assured I will address these matters with my team and ensure that our check out process is looked at closely. One of my managers will reach out to you directly in order to make this situation right for you. If I can be of any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel. Thanks again for the feedback, and we hope to see you again soon. Take care.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed at Renaissance Boulder Flatiron for 10 nights in the month of Feb March 2014. I was on a business travel and had an option of staying either at The Renaissance Flatiron or at the Omni Interlocken. I chose it over Omni due to its location as it was near to my office. Most of the restaurant and shopping malls were right next to the hotel. This was my first trip to United States and I was pretty much confined to my hotel due to the extreme winters of Colorado. I come from a place that doesn't see any snow and staying there in winters was nothing short of an experience! I wouldn't digress and would straight away come to the review.

I reached on 22nd feb in the freezing cold, very late at night. The check in process was a breeze. I had booked a valley view mountain suite and barring a minor glitch, my 10 night stay at Renaissance Flatiron was wonderful. The room was a suite, a bedroom and a living room along with it (pictures attached). The room was very neat with very clean bathroom and the fixtures were of good quality. The only issue that I had during my stay was with the static charge, that kept giving me shocks whenever I touched any metal piece inside the room. I did report it to the management and an electrician did come to examine my room. I was told that it had happened due to the humidity inside the room as it was snowing outside. They even put a dehumidifier in my room to sort out the static charge, but it didn't help. They offered me to shift to another room but I found it to be a too minor issue to shift :)

The service at Renaissance Flatiron was top notch. Right from the reception to the room service to the dining hall or even the house keeping. The service was impeccable! I could recollect only one name Maria, but everyone at the reception were always on their toes for their guests. Everyday, I had requested for a ride to my office and they were more than happy to do it with a smile.

The morning breakfast was the best meal of the day for me. I am a vegetarian and since there were few options for a person who doesn't eat meat, the staff were kind enough to customize the entrees for me. The cheerful people, all around the hotel are the one who made my stay more than comfortable in Colorado.

I have recommended this hotel to most of my colleagues as quite a few of us travel to our office at Broomfield. And needless to say, whenever I am back, I would stay at Renaissance Flatiron, yet again!

Room Tip: Pick a Mountain view suite, well worth the views.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
Boulder Marriott
#14 of 20 in Boulder
Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
TownePlace Suites Boulder Broomfield

Been to Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel? Share your experiences!