“Good food, great view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Louisville, Colorado
“Good food, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I have eaten two meals (one breakfast, one dinner) at the Runway Grill. While the food is good, the atmosphere is even better.

For breakfast, we ate inside and we both had the breakfast burrito smothered with green chili with hash browns on the side. The burrito was large and tasty and the green chili was very good, with a medium level of spice. Prices for breakfast were very reasonable ($6.25 for the burrito); we had a Groupon-type discount for this meal. For dinner, we chose to sit on the west-facing deck. My husband had the chili relleno plate ($10.50) and I had the chicken fajita burrito ($9.50). Portions were large once again and we thought that both entrees were very good. We used a buy one entree, get one half off, local coupon for this meal. Service was friendly and efficient, but not intrusive, at both meals.

What really sets this restaurant apart is the location/atmosphere. During our 40 minute breakfast, we saw at least a dozen aircraft (small prop planes, larger corporate jets, helicopters) land or take off. The breakfast hours are probably when the airport has the most flight activity. While eating dinner on the deck, we had a great view of the Rocky Mountains from Pike's Peak to Long's Peak. Seeing the beautiful sunset and the city lights added a nice touch to our meal. We also saw three planes land during our 50 minute meal. We decided that this would be a great place to take school-age kids or even out-of-town guests for a tasty, memorable meal. We would even return without a coupon!

• Visited August 2013

Westminster, Colorado
“Enjoying the view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

Steve and I like to watch the air planes take off and land while we are sharing fish and chips. We will stay for three hours playing cards enjoying the view. Thank you. Rita Bennett

• Visited August 2013
Johnstown, Colorado
“Nice for a change”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We spent the weekend away from home and wanted to try something different.
Hostess was friendly and seated us outside as requested. She seated us on the north side nearest the parking lot to block some wind and noise. It was a bit cool that morning but the coffee was good. Menu was small, but I enjoyed the Huevos Rancheros skillet. The tortilla came out cold, so that was disappointing but the rest of the skillet was tasty and warm. We enjoyed quite a few planes and helicopters landing and taking off while we were there. There was a plane boarding when we arrived, upon takeoff when the pilot started up the noise was a bit much. What can you expect though, we were outside at an airport! Once the plane turned to the west to taxi the noise went away and we enjoyed the rest of our meal.

This isn't just for families, although our toddler thought that it was pretty cool.

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Colorado
“Nothing good but the view”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

While the view of the airplanes taking off and landing is fun that was the highlight. The waitress was nice too. Not only was the food horrible, under cooked hashbrowns, cold under toasted toast served with an overcooked piece of pork loin that was dry and cold as well and the worst cup of coffee I've ever had, after I asked for something else to drink the cook came out and glared at me asking the other customers if they like the coffee because someone else doesn't like it. He also said it was Daz Bog which I find hard to believe. Daz Bog has a great product and maybe he should use the recommended amount of grounds.
So in my opinion unless you just want to at planes don't go there....

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TinaandVinnieO621
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great for pilots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

I love dining at the Runway Grill after I fly in from Minneapolis in my small plane. The green chili may be different every time, but it and a cold Fat Tire beer are my welcome to Denver. I don't really care about the service as I'm never in a rush. Also makes a great pre-takeoff breakfast for the trip home. The gals at Denver Air (has recently changed ownership) would always watch my dogs for me. The view is awesome, and I always love to see someone whose landing was worse than mine :) !

• Visited September 2012