“Stay? Not really.”

Hilltop Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Broomfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2008

Made reservations online. I received reservation confirmation with a confirmation number, room description and all the paperwork I'd expect to receive. I was looking for a king bed (I'm tall) and most definitely a non-smoking room. Their rates were competitive and they were close to where I needed to stay.

I arrived at 6:30pm on the day I was to check-in and was told they had no record of my reservation. I showed my printed reservation which they acknowledged was theirs. I knew, from attempting to book rooms, that it was a difficult week to find a place to stay. They spent half an hour trying to locate a room as a replacement. I appreciate their effort.

However, they accepted a smoking room with tiny beds at another establishment as a replacement. It was an additional drive away (which I could live with) but left me in another place's room that stunk like a barmaid's blouse and had beds that barely supported my knees if I used the complete diagonal. (I have nothing against where they put me and therefore won't mention it. I just wouldn't have booked it on my own and don't consider it comparable reservations.) It also added another hour and a half to the wrong end of a very long day.

They might have great accommodations. Just make sure you can get in.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Anvils_R_Us

Reviewed 13 May 2008

We stayed at the Hilltop this weekend, and it was wonderful. We got an excellent rate (cheaper than online) by booking it directly by phone, and Duncan, who runs the place could not be more congenial. The housekeeping staff was very cheerful and accommodating, and really seemed to enjoy working there.

This is the first hotel that made sure my requested roll away bed was already in the room when I arrived. The included breakfasts were delicious. They had all kinds of authentic british teas, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and just about anything hot you could ask for... waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, bacon, eggs, omelets. They even cheerfully allowed me to take my plate back to my room so my 3 year old could finish his food later.

The room was beautiful. Large and clean. The carpet was cushy, and the gas fireplace added a lovely ambiance, as well as being a very efficient heater. The TV had an included DVD and VCR player in it so we could rent movies, and wireless internet was also free. It was delightful in every way.

The location was beautiful, and although it was near a small airport it had good access to malls, dining and shopping, and I didn't hear a plane... There is a small pond and plenty of wildlife. The inn has a beautiful garden area that is well kept and was filled with baby rabbits and squirrels much to my 3 year olds delight. We enjoyed every minute of staying in this inn and we will definitely go back should we travel that way again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2006

I was fantastically impressed with this Inn (note I said "Inn", not B&B). Friendly staff, big rooms, free high speed internet access, great breakfast, quiet, fantastic location. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank jim3000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broomfield
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel
Omni Interlocken Hotel
Omni Interlocken Hotel
#3 of 9 in Broomfield

Been to Hilltop Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!