“Excellent Food and Service.”
Review of Evergreen Cafe

Evergreen Cafe
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 May 2014

While staying in Buena Vista for a weekend of camping we decided to try this restaurant for lunch based on reviews. Wow we were completely impressed. We thought it would be a wait as the restaurant was quite busy, not at all. We were seated almost immediately. This place has a really eclectic atmosphere with local artists paintings decorating the walls. They were for sale at a reasonable price. One thing to note this restaurant is only opened from 6:30 AM - 2:00 PM

I ordered the aspen ridge chicken(pesto tomato caramelized onions, swiss served on grilled sour dough) with home cut fries. This was delicious. My husband ordered the Arkansas (grilled turkey bacon tomato sprouts & cheddar jack cheese on grilled flatbread topped with guacamole & chipolte mayo) with home cut fries. He said it was delicious.

I thought it was really nice the owner came around to all the tables to check and see how your meal was and to chat.

We enjoyed this place so much we went back the next day for breakfast. This was equally impressive. I had scrambled eggs, ham, home fries, and whole wheat toast. My husband had the Eggs Alpine home fries with cheese topped with two eggs any style & sausage gravy served with whole wheat toast).

Again the same experience as our previous visit. If we're in the area again we will be back. Service was amazing, and the restaurant was extremely clean.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Neat, clean diner reveals exciting, genuine meals. Huevos rancheros homemade, green chili, home fries.
Chicken mushrooms, onions and swiss on whole wheat. The sides are top shelf! Sweet potatoe salad w black beans, shallots, cilantro; cabbage salad with sliced almonds, raisins, and sweet sauce; huge BLT; gluten-free breads. Yummy

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a wonderful cafe right on Hwy 24 in Buena Vista. We were looking for lunch on our way to Leadville and this was perfect. Inside it has the look/feel of an old fashioned diner and is obviously a big favorite with the locals. They have traditional lunch favorites and some with a creative twist like the turkey reuben we ordered. Their fries are cut from real fresh potatoes, not the frozen kind and everything is prepared to order. This will be a regular stop for us anytime we're travelling through South Park. We enthusiastically recommend this special place!

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Went there two mornings in a row, great dinner feel, staff was so friendly. Before 8am there are $4.95 breakfast specials, with lots of yummy items. Biscuits and gravy - so good!

1  Thank yoda23
Reviewed 15 March 2014

That's right! I've been visiting the Evergreen Cafe since I was a child. Every summer, we'd vacation in the mountains with my grandparents, and grandpa would bring me to the Evergreen for breakfast before we'd go fishing. We still go to BV every summer, and I still insist that we eat at the Evergreen for breakfast. Thanks for staying around for all these years.

1  Thank Katherine S

Been to Evergreen Cafe? Share your experiences!