“Very Good and Varied Quick Food”
Review of Evergreen Cafe

Evergreen Cafe
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We ate at Evergreen for lunch earlier this week. They have daily specials that are fabulous deals -- such a hamburger, fries and drink for $6 on Tuesdays -- but all of their food is reasonably prices. The wrap was very good and the Mediterranean wrap was even better. My daughter had a good vegetarian dish. The servers were very nice and quick with drink refills.

They also serve breakfast until 11 or 11:30 but we didn't get to try it.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Breakfast was absolutely great, down home spot. Clean restrooms, friendly staff. Perfect choice for a great meal.

1  Thank sswaby
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place was quite busy. The service was quick. The owner was very friendly as she asked who belonged to the pick-up outside with the "just married" sign on the windows, congratulating the owners on their blessed event.The food was delicious. I had a blueberry cake with eggs and bacon. It was very filling.

1  Thank Shelly H
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Enjoyed an omelet at this café, lots of choices...excellent food, great atmosphere - we sat outside with the dog!

1  Thank Roxanne4793
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I reviewed another restaurant in town last year and gave it a higher review than I would otherwise because of the comparison to other restaurants in town which are quite mediocre. This place would be great anywhere (small town or big city). I had a marvelous lunch (the downside is it is open for only breakfast and lunch, not dinner).

I'd just come back from a long hike in the mountains and decided some extra calories would be okay. So I decided to get chili cheese fries made with their green chili. Amazing, unlike any dish I've had before. A bed of nicely browned, large fries covered with their green chili, which was loaded with onions, green sauce and some sort of meat, I think chicken, and a great sauce, and topped with cheese. It seemed much more healthy than what I was anticipating and the taste was fantastic.

I followed that up with a Mediterranean wrap with smoked salmon. It was generously full of kalamata olives, feta cheese, red peppers, lots of smoked salmon which really dominated the taste and a great Greek vinaigrette. A ton of flavor, nice and moist and it came with a good sweet cabbage salad which was not in the same league as the fries or the wrap which were both outstanding.

I wanted to go back again to Evergreen and unfortunately was not able to because of my hiking schedule which got me back from the mountains later than 2:00 p.m. (the closing time) each day.

I highly recommend this place. I would love to tray everything on the menu.

1  Thank Robert C

Been to Evergreen Cafe? Share your experiences!