“Great Experience Great Stay”
Review of Pinon Court Cabins

Pinon Court Cabins
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Buena Vista
Morrison, Colorado
“Great Experience Great Stay”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My wife and I go to Buena vista every year for a golf tournament for the fairplay open to benefit parents that can't afford to send their kids to preschool . We have stayed at just about all the hotels in town. Last year we stayed at the pinon court cabins and had a great time . So when we were deciding to stay for an extended weekend , we only called here and plan to do it again anytime we go to the area . Jackie and Phil are a great owner and operator of the hotel. Thank you for a great stay . WE WILL BE BACK

Thanks Nancy and Denis

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Denis S
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Thank you so much Nancy and Dennis for your wonderful review. See you next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed here on a solo trip to Colorado, and Pinon Court was the perfect place for a solo lady traveler in her mid-twenties. Philip and Jackie couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly. They treat each visitor as if they were old friends.

The cabin was very clean and well taken care of. I felt completely safe and comfortable.

It is conveniently located in the center of Buena Vista, easy to get to rafting, up the mountain, or restaurant and bars. I would highly recommend Pinon Court for any single travelers or groups.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank cyndyher
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank so much for the nice review. Hope to see you again!
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been traveling across Colorado on my motorcycle and chose to stay here as a storm was coming in. Jackie was extremely helpful on check in with recommendations for places to eat, etc. I stayed in one of the smaller cabins that even had a car port to get my cycle out of the rain. Later while taking off a broken light on the cycle, Jackie checked to see if I needed any tools. As it was raining she also offered me a beer as she knew I wouldn't want to ride out in he rain. The cabin is comfortable and they have done a nice job fixing them up. But the real stars here are the owners. They are amazingly friendly and helpful. Why stay at yet another boring chain hotel?

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SkiDiveMotorcycle
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Todd, thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. Your review put us at #1 ranking. It was a pleasure meeting you. Ride safe.
East coast
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed at Pinon Court based on their high rating in tripadvisor on the 8th of June, 2013, paid $120 for one night. I travel a lot. I always use trip advisor to screen the hotels, and find the best deals for the money. The Pinon Court cabins is definitely not it. I does not, I repeat NOT deserve the number two rating. Maybe ten years ago, but no where near that now. The owners have a sign out front saying the place is for sale, and they have been clearly neglecting upkeep and cutting corners for many years now. The cabins are terrible. They are old, worn, dirty, smell...you get the picture. They put me in one next to the highway (the cabins are right on a major highway in the center of town). The owners are nice people, but this place is a dump. I would not stay there again for half of the (way too) high price I paid for one night ($120).
You are far better off and will be much happier at the Best Western, or one of the other chain hotels. Don't waste your money here- you will be very disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank tokenswede
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Wow, we have gotten many comments from guests and prospective guests on your review. One of them staying with us asked, "who peed in your wheaties?" We would like to clarify that you knew the only cabin we had available was this one and the rate was $110 not $120. If the cabin was so bad, why didn't you tell us and we would have refunded your money and you could have stayed at a chain motel for $50/night more. We would never stay in a place that made us so unhappy, yet you did and told us everything was fine with the cabin. What's up with that? We do not have a "For Sale" sign in front of the property. When we looked at your other reviews they were all "terrible". Maybe you should try camping next time.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was my second stay at PC. We enjoyed the cabin and as well as the company of the owners, Phil and Jackie, who live on site. If you are looking for a cookie cutter, bland, boring, antiseptic, motel there are plenty of those in the area. At the same time, if you enjoy meeting and talking to folks, getting good info re local attractions from someone who knows ie Phil and Jackie, then this place is for you. The housekeeping cabin was clean, well furnished, and comfy. No..there was not a mint under the pillow if that is your thing. I have stayed in all types of lodging through the years in Colorado. For my money...PC is one of the best. It's a converted motor court from the 1930's and gives one the feel of what it was like to travel in days of yore in Colorado. At the same time Wi Fi and cable TV is available if you need that stuff. I will return....Joe Motsch

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank animasjoe
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Always wonderful to see you again. Your heartfelt words about us and PC are appreciated more than you know. It is guests like you that give proof to the words, "Come as a stranger and leave as a friend". See you soon. Thank you.
North Alabama
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I want to thank Jackie and Phil for a GREAT place to stay. It was totally a step back in time. Reminded me of so many places my parents and I stayed in the late 1950's.

My brother and I were touring around Colorado and decided to stay in Buena Vista. We drove through town and stopped at several places but this was the most unique, most friendly by far, and this was our choice!!

Jackie and Phil gave us suggestions as where to eat- etc. I would LOVE to return for another visit and I promise it is the ONLY place in Buena Vista I would want to stay!!

• Stayed June 2013
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for the great review. It was a joy meeting you and your brother although it was too short of a meeting. We hope to see you back again.
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Jackie and Phil were very warm and welcoming and gave us great local advice, The cabin was a good setup for my small family (me, my husband, and our 3-year old) because it had two rooms separated by a privacy curtain. The cabins are immediately off a major road, adjacent to each other, and are more a motel look with a cabin feel, so if you're looking for an intimate wilderness cabin experience, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Cozmania, Owner at Pinon Court Cabins, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. Our mission is to give a special experience to our guesta. Thank you for proving that we accomplished our goal. Hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buena Vista
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
Super 8 Buena Vista
#2 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Pinon Court Cabins? Share your experiences!