“Awesome Trip!!!”

Half-Day Whitewater Rafting in Browns Canyon
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An industry leader noted for high professional standards and quality staff, Noah's Ark has been offering families and groups the rafting experience of a lifetime. Enjoy our scenic riverfront lodge, showers, campsites/tents, covered pavilion, wet suit rentals, retail store and great meals! Half-day, full day, overnight, and fishing trips are offered on most sections of the Arkansas River. Group discounts, reservations recommended. Save time and raft more with our beautiful riverfront property and private put-in. Noah's Ark is also one of the only programs in the area permitted to lead climbing and backpacking trips. Be sure to check out the challenge aerial course, the Browns Canyon Colorado Adventure Park which has 4 Courses, 66 Elements, and a Big Drop Swing.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Richland, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Awesome Trip!!!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We went here in August 2013 and did the Browns Canyon trip. Staff was very polite and helpful and the trip was a blast. We'll definatly choose a more advanced trip next time though as I was expecting a little more whitewater. I highly recommend these guys if you're looking for a solid rafting company.

Visited August 2013
Chuck C, Owner at Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Thanks for the positive review! We’re glad you had a blast. Be sure to check out our website for information on our more intense stretches of whitewater. We run trips on the Narrows, the Numbers, and the Royal Gorge in addition to our Browns Canyon trip. And, remember that the Browns Canyon trip gets more exciting the closer you are to peak runoff—early May and June. We’d love to have you back!

Montgomery, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Aerial park was more than meets the eyes”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

My family of four ( two teenage boys) had an amazing afternoon with Sarah and Emily at the aerial Park. A challenge for everyone at any skill level. Prepare to be impressed. Worth every penny. The leap of faith was exhilarating!

Sugar Hill, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Aerial Adventure Park”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My very large extended family made a reservation for the aerial park as a birthday party for my 10 year old niece. The party included 8 adults and 10 kids. The kids ranged in age from 8 to 16. The adults had no problems completing the course. For the children, this was another matter.

We were told by Noahs Ark at inquiry that the early age limit was set at 8 years old and above. My 8 year old daughter is a VERY athletic young lady and competes at martial arts, gallops her horse regularly as part of her stable's drill team, and is quite tall for her age. She has also done aerial parks here in Georgia at both Stone Mountain and Tree Top Quest, so her experience level at similar sites is high.

This is now my daughter writing: " I really hated 'leap of faith'. It was a stupid part of the course. All my cousins were there and are very tall for their ages. I was the youngest of all of them. I was the only one that could not complete the course. I would recomend it at age 12 and up. In leap of faith 2 adults are supposed to stand on a platform about 1 foot wide on each side. To get there you had to climb up a telephone pole with small metal stakes in it. Then when you got to the top you had to jump to a metal bar held by springs. The bar was about 2 feet out and 3 feet above my head. I had to jump out to it but I missed. I tried a second time and missed again.

In the other part of the course the last part of the course was a short zipline with a foot hole for only 1 of your feet and a handle bar. My foot got stuck when I reached the end the zipline. I got stuck in the middle with me on it. My dad had to pull me back the to the start 3 times before I finally got across."

OK - Adult back writing. In short - the aerial course is brand new. They need to work out some bugs. Age limit should be raised to at least 10, possibly 12. The instruction of staff requires too much safety information to be impartend to participants at the outset. (ie - for some zipline stations, safety ropes need to be cinched before embarking by the climber, so that the upper or lower guide cables can be reached). There is no way that staff can get to stations in the middle of the course in a timely manner.

They also need to have a bail out mechanism in the middle of the course for those who are unable to complete any given station. The other courses we have completed have bailout spiral staircases located periodically through the stations so that there exists an escape mechanism for some of the more demanding stations.

Belay line system varies per course. In one section it is simply a clip in and pulley system that attaches to an overhead guide cable, requiring very little from customers. In another section it involves a dual clip that is physically removed by the individual climber from one station to the next. There is no staff person present who monitors these belay line transfers at each station. This is a potential hazard and safety risk, especially for the younger climbers.

Overall - I think the course is too demanding for the general public. I am an avid hockey player, scuba diver, and weight lifter. Some of the stations on the course require upper body strength and endurance that may be too much to ask of an average customer.

3 Thank John E
Chuck C, Manager at Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We apologize sincerely for your less than positive experience, and are grateful for your feedback as we continue to improve our trip quality.

Since your trip, we have streamlined our safety talk, which is now supplemented by instructional signs and course by course instruction. We will continue our policy of stationing a guide on the course to help with difficult areas. Our safety equipment is state of the art technology: the Saferoller belay system allows for a fluid experience on elements designed for dynamic movement, while our Smart Belay system is designed to prevent accidental unclipping while allowing participants to choose which elements to try.

The question of age limit will remain a constant consideration for us. The course is designed to provide a challenging experience for a large range of heights and physical abilities, as we use the course for teambuilding, corporate retreats, and many other groups in addition to families. Our intention is to challenge the majority of our guests, which means many—young and old alike— do not complete every element. Rather, we seek to create a positive for participants to test their limits as they strategize and attempt each course. We apologize if this concept was not sufficiently communicated in our course orientation: we care about setting our guests up for success, a huge aspect of which is conveying proper expectations for the challenging nature of our course. We are happy that the vast majority of guests on our park have found the park to be an enjoyable and appropriate difficulty level, and have had a great time exploring the various courses even when they can’t complete an element.

We rely on the comments of our guests to help us create the best experience possible. Thank you for your feedback – it will continue to be valuable as we evaluate and reevaluate our course. I would like to invite you back as our guest and would be grateful to personally ensure a better experience on our park. All the best to you and we hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Do it!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Greetings, if you are going to be in and/or close to Summit County, take the time to visit the folks at Noah's Ark. It's a quick 1:20 minutes from Breck/Keystone over the Pass. It's worth it! The rafting is terrific! And you will be impressed with the experience provided by your hosts at Noah's Ark. They just finished a new zip line park etc., that you might want to check out if you have kids 18 or younger... they will..The staff is professional. Very Safe & Fun! Most importantly they understand their purpose on the raft is a mustard seed in the blessings of life. You would want everyone of your kids to be like them! Eric

Visited August 2013
NoahsArkWhitewater, Public Relations Manager at Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park, responded to this review, 9 June 2016
It's great to see that you had a good time on the river with our staff! We're definitely proud of the quality experience our guides provide in terms of the physical rafting experience, and the personal relationships that they build with customers.

I did notice that you gave us 4 out of 5 stars. Because we're in a constant pursuit of improvement, would you mind emailing us what we could of done to earn that 5th star at jordan@noahsark.com, or messaging us at facebook.com/noahsarkwhitewaterrafting/ ?
Carrollton, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“an outstanding day!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We walked in without a reservation, and although Noah's Ark was extremely busy on a Saturday - they found a space for us - a party of 5 men. Our guide was simply superb - a nice, intelligent young man - who knew the river, knew the safety part - and knew how to show us all the features while ensuring a great experience at the same time. I would not hesitate to use Noah's Ark again on future trips. give them a try - you won't be disappointed!