“Best guide around - Dan Geu”

Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park
Half-Day Whitewater Rafting in Browns Canyon
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An industry leader noted for high professional standards and quality staff, Noah's Ark has been offering families and groups the rafting experience of a lifetime. Enjoy our scenic riverfront lodge, showers, campsites/tents, covered pavilion, wet suit rentals, retail store and great meals! Half-day, full day, overnight, and fishing trips are offered on most sections of the Arkansas River. Group discounts, reservations recommended. Save time and raft more with our beautiful riverfront property and private put-in. Noah's Ark is also one of the only programs in the area permitted to lead climbing and backpacking trips. Be sure to check out the challenge aerial course, the Browns Canyon Colorado Adventure Park which has 4 Courses, 66 Elements, and a Big Drop Swing.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great trip down the river. Dan did a great job of getting us ready and guigind us down the river. Fairly advanced group of paddlers and he recognized that allowing us to take on a bit more of the adventure. Very safety conscious and did so while having fun! Will be back to do the 4+ rapids with Dan in the future...

All reviews
"great trip"
in 34 reviews
"other companies"

Reviewed 14 July 2014

During a vacation in Colorado we decided to go on a white water rafting trip since I had been on one a few years ago and loved it. Last time we went down Texas Creek and had an incredible experience. This time we went down the Arkansas River with Noah's Ark. This time was just ok, not great, but the raft guides were great. We were hoping for some 4's and maybe 4 1/2 rapids but the best we could muster was barely a couple 3's. The guides were very interactive and fun and pointed out a lot of history and fun facts during our trip. I guess they needed to do that to make up for the lack of aggressive rapids. If we hadn't been on a more aggressive trip earlier, this one probably would've seemed better. Anyway, during one stretch of the river a photographer took pictures which we could purchase when we arrived back at the staging area. Upon returning to the staging area, no one was ready to show pictures and it was a little frustrating having to wait so long. To make a long story short, they needed more people to help them get customers in and out of different areas during our visit. I waited nearly 5 minutes just to retrieve my car keys so I could leave. I won't be going back to Noah's Ark, mainly because it was such a long drive from where we started, but also because the stretch of river we ran was pretty tame.

1  Thank Matt M
Chuck C, Owner at Noah's Ark Colorado Rafting & Aerial Adventure Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your trip. Your feedback is essential as we continue to improve our trip quality. We apologize if you misunderstood the information communicated by our staff and website about the difficulty level of the Browns Canyon whitewater section. Industry standard classifies Browns Canyon as a Class 3 section of whitewater—a great level for families and those looking for a fun, interactive afternoon, but not necessarily all extreme thrill-seekers. Browns Canyon can vary in its level of excitement and challenge depending on the time of the summer season. If you come during runoff (May to early June), you’ll find Browns equal to or more exciting than Texas Creek! We also offer trips on other sections of water, such as the class 4 Royal Gorge. Or, if you’re back in the Valley in early summer, Browns Canyon might be the perfect fit for you.

We are glad that you found our guides engaging! We pride ourselves on making every trip excellent. Because of this standard, we especially appreciate your feedback about the long wait for your keys. We sincerely apologize for your inconvenience, as we understand that the little details can make a big difference in your overall experience.

Thanks again for your response!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

For the past 3 summers I've taken groups of kids I work with to Noah's Ark on rafting, high ropes course, and backpacking trips. Consistently, they've delivered great fun! There're no curve balls you can throw at them that they can't handle calmly and successfully. Besides providing an awesome outdoor experience, what sets Noah's Ark apart is the fact that the guides genuinely take the time to learn our names and stories. Their personal investment goes above and beyond, even to the point of staying up past 1am by the fire side getting to know our kids better and have some deep, life changing conversations. We had an amazing time and built life long memories together. All my kids talk about is "remember the time we went rafting..." Totally worth it!! I encourage any of you looking for a great time to check them out. Thank you Noah's, see you again soon :)

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Noah's arc is more than just good rafting and an awesome ropes course they also simply have amazing people that work there. we were involved in a car accident right in front of their entrance and they were so kind and nice to my family asking them if they wanted anything from the snack bar and taking them on a complimentary ropes course while we waited for the tow truck and my in laws to come get us from Crested Butte. I have rafted there many times but now I know to them it's more than just rafting they have an incredible ministry and my family experienced it that day. good 4 you Noah's arc it's obviously about more than just the money!

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We returned to Noah's Ark again this summer after having an amazing time in Buena Vista and rafting the Arkansas River with their guides last year. John Edwards was our guide for both trips, and I can't say enough about the training these guides receive -- over and above what's necessary. We actually got to know several of the guides and their knowledge of how the river is running and safely navigated is top notch. In addition, their experience and knowledge about trail and backpack trips is great - I have never been around more personable young men and women! And the water was big -- the beauty of this area is stunning!