“Food was bland”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Thai & Sushi restaurant is located in downtown Buena Vista, CO, surrounded by the beautiful Collegiate Peaks and the active Arkansas River.
Denver, CO
“Food was bland”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Very disappointed with our experience here. Our thai dishes had no flavor let alone taste like a thai dish. Food is very pricey. While the owner is Asian (Filippino), the chef isn't. Service was great but it's not enough to bring us back a second time.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank maven5645

Vail,CO
“Even better than I remember!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We always try to stop here whenever we come through BV. The meal last week was so delicious! The parang curry was spot on, spicy as I requested, with plenty of veggies. The special with tuna was fresh, flavorful and also had tons of veggies which I love. No skimping there! Some places give you a few pieces of veg and a pile of rice- not here! The special roll was creative, fresh and super delicious as well! To top it all off, there was a musician playing a "chapman stick" which was the perfect background music- not too loud- really great. We loved this guy and took his card for finding him in the future. So, that said, the musical ambience, along with the food, the efficient server and a visit from the owner, made for a terrific and satisfying dining experience! Keep it up, Eddie!

• Visited February 2014
Buena Vista, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent sushi”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Asian palate is the best in Bv - they make creative sushi rolls with the highest quality ingredients - you won't find spicy mayo here...

Rapid City, South Dakota
“One of the few more "upscale" types of restaurants here”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I ate here just before ending our trip in Buena Vista. The wait staff was very nice and the restaurant was small but nice. The food was really good! I would recommend it if you're in the area and don't want anymore cheeseburgers or food of that sort. Also, if you like spicy food this would be a good place to eat. I don't like spicy food but our waitress was able to help me choose something to my liking. And it was so yummy!

• Visited September 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“1st time in Buena Vista & 1st time eating at the Asian Palate”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Colorado is so "vanilla" sometimes, it always surprises me to see Asian restaurants in small towns! With that being said, my friends and I wanted to check this place out for lunch one day when we were in Buena Vista over New Year's week.

I liked the atmostphere, and the waitress we had was friendly and actually knowledgable about the variety of dishes they have (ranging from Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese fusion, etc.).

It was a chilly day, and I was delighted to see that they have Vietnamese Pho on their lunch menu! So of course I ordered that -- my 2nd option would've been sushi, but was way overpriced.

The pho came out... And my face fell. It was served in a tiny soup bowl with barely any noodles (the wrong noodles at that) with barely any meat. And the broth, which MAKES the pho pho, was horrible. I ended up mixing in a lot of Sriracha sauce and hoisin sauce to make it somewhat tasty, and tried to eat it. Ugh. I would never order the pho ever again. What a disgrace.

The only saving grave for this place was that everyone I was with liked their entrees a lot, which I didn't get to really taste. So I guess I'll have to go another time to improve the eating of my review...

Visited January 2014