“Great Brews! ”

Eddyline Restaurant at South Main
Ranked #4 of 40 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great Brews! ”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Family and I just finished rafting browns canyon on vacation. Stopped in based on recommendation from our raft guide. This place did not disappoint. Pizza and beer were great! I'm sure if you were to nitpick, the service would be classed as slow. Honestly, the views of the mountains and the overall small town feeling of this place made me so happy. I really enjoyed stopping here. Interesting observation while dining, not a single person in the restaurant was on their phone. Everyone was enjoying themselves. Felt like a totally different world from what I'm accustomed. Thanks for the great memories! Hope to return someday.

Illinois
“One visit so far, but we were not impressed.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We went there for a dinner Saturday night. Apparently a bad mistake. The wait time to get in was 45 minutes, but it passed relatively quickly, as we watched kayakers on the Arkansas river. We finally got in and upon a previous recommendation of our daughter we ordered a "Numbers" pizzas. It arrived after 50 minutes. The pizza itself was so-so. The place was loud, and it was obvious that the staff was overwhelmed by crowds.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank leave_no_trace
Denver, CO
“Average at best”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

On a recent trip to Buena Vista my husband and I visited both of the Eddyline locations. We were not overly impressed with either place. The pizza at the actual brewery location was decent. The beer (what they had on hand) was passable. We couldn't tell you much about it because they were out of almost everything they brew. I ended up having a beer from their "guest" brewery which is located close to where we live. Long way to drive for that! I guess they weren't expecting anybody to be in town in the heat of summer and actually want to drink local beer.

The food at the other location was worse than at the brewery. I could not eat it; it was that bad. Same story on the beer selection....what, visitors wanting beer...imagine that. The only saving redemption at this restaurant was our very nice waitress. She is, as far as we could tell, their only asset.

• Visited June 2014
Lakewood, CO
“Good Food, Slooow Service”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Their menu offers a wide variety of items good for meat-eaters and vegetarians. If you are looking for pizza and burgers, you are in luck, but there are also plenty of other options as well. We ordered two different pizzas and the bangers and mash. The food was great and the root beer and apricot beer (can't remember name) was great. Unfortunately, it took way too long for our food to come out, and our waitress showed no interest in us during the 30 minute wait for our food. We watched people who were seated about 5 minutes before us be served, eat, pay and leave before we got our food, so it wasn't an issue with the restaurant as a whole, it seemed to just be our table. One of the parties we watched both ordered calzones, which take quite awhile to bake, so I know it wasn't just that other people were ordering items that were quick/easy to prepare. Maybe if our waitress had apologized for the wait, or shown any interest in us during the loooong wait, it would have made it better, but we were totally turned off by the long wait and poor service. The food was good and the portions were good. I would give them another try since there aren't that many options in Buena Vista, but if there were more choices with similar food quality, I would not be back.

• Visited July 2014
Longmont, Colorado
“Food & atmosphere was great..not a fan of our server”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

First off the restaurant is in a great location. This new area of town is really cool. The restaurant seemed to have a crowd outside so we stopped in to see how long of a wait. They said 20 minutes and sure enough it was 20 minutes. It was great to be able to go across the street and let the kids play on the huge bouldering rocks right there. Didn't mind the wait as long as the kids were occupied.

By the time we were seated the restaurant had slowed down from the busy dinnertime rush. I was very happy to see a great selection of healthy items on the menu. They have a whole section for dishes that can be made with quinoa. I tried one of those and it was great. I believe it was the Alfredo dish. Very tasty.

The only issue we had was our server. I dont' know if it was just an off night for her or her personality just rubbed us the wrong way. I asked if there was any chicken noodle soup because my 7 year old wasn't feeling the greatest and requested it. She made a face at me like "are you kidding me? we don't serve that here". Ok, fine, I shrugged that off and asked if the sausage soup that was the special for the day would be a good alternative and she said yes. Wrong...it was spicy sausage. Not good for a 7 year old who is feeling a little under the weather. She was also off with her beer recommendations for my husband. He specifically pointed out that he didn't like "hoppy" tasting beers and both beers she recommended had a very hoppy flavor.

There was also a very long wait for the food. After 20 minutes of sitting there after we had ordered the hostess must have seen the bored look on our kids faces and bought them some pizza dough to play with. For a restaurant that has the word "family" outside it should probably give something to keep kiddo's a little entertained if the kitchen is back up.

The food was great. Beer was good. Waitress left a little to be desired. I felt like we would have really enjoyed our experience if she would have put a little bit more effort in.

Visited July 2014