“(Service) Good one day but not the next...”

Jan's Family Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Food always good, but went on a Sunday and although crowded (wait was only about 5 minutes), the service and the food was great as expected. Went the next day on the way out of town for lunch and had to wait almost an hour to get our food (which was good); they said they had not expected so much business so I suspect the kitchen help was short staffed as it seemed there were plenty of waitresses. There were plenty of folks around us on that Monday who were experiencing the same frustration...hopefully only a one time problem that won't deter us from going back because the food is very good.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Jan's fits the mold of a small town highway diner. Old school everything. Very hearty breakfast selections including an eggs & chili rellenos dish that I enjoyed. I saw several biscuit and gravy orders and also chicken fried steak. The place is a solid belly filler, priced very reasonably.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

A small town diner situated in Buena Vista. We knew we found something special when we drove by and saw all the cars in the parking lot. Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. and the place was packed!

The staff got us seated in a short time, were attentive to us (even with the large crowd), and had our breakfast delivered to us in no time.

This is a small town gem that is worth having a meal at.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Their fare has to be one of the best restaurants in Colorado. I've taken many out-of-state and out-of-country visitors to eat there. And, I live many miles uphill in the Denver area.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The food here is more than awful! The service is awful - unless you're a local it seems. Our waitress spent time walking around texting and never refilled our drinks or asked if we needed anything. The food is substandard at best. I ordered green chile cheese fries....and the green concoction that came on them looked like vomit. I had to send it back. Just take my advice and try another restaurant in B.V.

3  Thank KStraveller5