“I'm not a big fan of Chinese, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jade Garden

Jade Garden
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Buena Vista
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Colorado
“I'm not a big fan of Chinese, but...”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm not a big fan of Chinese other than P.F. Chang's, which is unusual as I normally eschew chains...which is probably unfair. I'm a BIG fan of Thai and sushi, so it's not an Asian aversion. That said I've never been disappointed eating at the Jade Garden. The food is decent, the price is really good, and the service is always extremely friendly and attentive. As long as you're not an exacting connoisseur of Chinese food, give the Jade Garden a try. For small Colorado mountain town, considering the reasonable price and the excellent, friendly service it's worth trying at least once. You may find yourself returning time and again, as I do.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank bogateer

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Slow service but good food”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We live in BV and it's nice to have a place that serves good Chinese food at a reasonable price. We have never been disappointed by the food, but the service seems unusually slow for some reason - even when it's not busy. Still, worth stopping in!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lmartzke
Midlothian, Texas
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Driving through Buena Vista, my husband and I were looking for a place to eat a late lunch. The first place we pulled into was closed so we drove across the parking lot to this place. We were greeted & seated immediately. Our server was very polite (and so we're a couple of the other customers I made small talk with). The restroom was nothing spectacular but it was clean. The whole restaurant looked and smelled clean for that matter. The entree came out within 15 minutes of ordering (after the soup, of course). My husband ordered Sesame Chicken & I ordered Kung Pao Chicken...hope I spelled that right. After our 1st bite, we both looked at each other & commented on how good it was! Our meals & drinks were under $20 & well worth it in our opinion. We will definitely eat there again!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Renee806
Canon City, Colorado
“Great little Asian Cafe”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We have stopped there on numerous occasions. The food is always good, and the price is great. The place is a little dated, but the value can't be beat

Visited October 2012
4 Thank bigdog51
Silver City, New Mexico
“Rather good food but slow...”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were very surprised at how good the food was/is. We don't have even a decent Chinese restaurant here in Deadville so it was a nice find. While the food was good and seemed to be prepared well the service was very slow as there was only one girl working the whole place. Maybe they don't get very much business regularly but it was pretty busy when we were there and she couldn't keep up. Of course she didn't even remotely seemed stressed by it and wasn't in a hurry either. We'd probably go again to see if it is any different but only because the food was pretty fair.

• Visited June 2012