“So thrilled to be soaked in white water!”

Performance Tours Whitewater Rafting
Brown's Canyon Full Day Rafting
Ranked #5 of 17 Tours in Buena Vista
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Celebrating 30 years of whitewater rafting! Performance Tours Rafting is Summit County’s first rafting company and was established in 1986 by Kevin and Mary Jo Foley. Performance Tours Rafting has an outstanding safety record and we strive to provide our guests with the most professional and enjoyable whitewater rafting adventure. Our guests can choose to raft 5 spectacular rivers; Arkansas, Blue, Clear Creek, Colorado and Ten Mile Creek with trip options ranging from mild to wild - and everything in between!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So thrilled to be soaked in white water!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a perfect time today in Brown's Canyon. Weather couldn't have been better, water was rocking along & we had a super guide. For 4 summers in a row we have rafted with Performance and we have always had wonderful guides and a great time. Not just any guide will take a 7 yr old down the Arkansas when it's blasting at 3800cfm. Kelly was stellar & my 7 year old was pleased to get soaked. Great trip & we will be back again! If you're looking for a rafting trip, they will set you up with whatever you're looking for. See you soon! Kelley, Ben & Kayla

Visited June 2014
2 Thank TheRockyMtnMomma

Friendswood, Texas
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Family Activity”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

During a July visit to Breckenridge, we (our family of 4, ages 15 thru 49) and our friends (family of 4, ages 18 thru 50), drove over the Buena Vista for the all day rafting trip thru Browns Canyon on the Arkansas River. Although I had been once as a teenager, no one else had ever rafted. Everyone had a terrific time. The weather was perfect, an the canyon is beautiful. The ride was fun and easy. Other nearby rafts included very young children. Everyone had a great time, mainly due to the guides, who were knowledgable and entertaining. Now the entire family want s to try a more challenging trip next time. Very happy and satisfied with this outfit.

Visited July 2013
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perutourism and Condor Travel”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

PeruTourism arranged my trip from beginning to end. Because I travel alone, I wanted to make sure hotels were safe and in a good spot. Communication was excellent. I loved my travel Specialist, Marirose. Everything on my list was in my itinerary. Once in Peru, everything was extremely well organised. All guides were very knowledgeable and dynamic. Drivers were safe.Everything was perfect!!! It took all the stress out of travelling in an unknown country where I didn't know the language. Thank you so very much!! I will always remember my trip to Peru.

Visited October 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A fun day.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We were visiting Breckenridge with some friends and decided to do the 1/2 day rafting trip on the Arkansas River. We had a group of 7 and the tour guides broke us into two boats (one boat of 4 the other 3). The guides knew we were together and ensured our boats stayed close enough that we could interact with one another when appropriate. Both guides were great. Our guide David was knowledgable, friendly, and we felt very safe with him. The website had all the information we needed (e.g. clothes to wear, etc.). There is a small changing room if you dont want to wear your swim clothes to the site and you can change after the trip in the same facility. The tour was really great and everyone in our party had a lot of fun. We would highly recommend.

Visited August 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wow! An amazing adventure.”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We hadn't done any white water rafting for years so it was with a little trepidation that we started the morning. We were made very welcome when we arrived and quickly kitted out. Wetsuits, booties and cagoule tops are all available but as it was a wonderful, hot sunny day so none of this was needed. The briefing on the short bus ride was clear and made us feel more confident about the journey. We were soon on the water and on our way downstream. The water levels are low at this time of the year but this didn't reduce the excitement. Our guide, Drew, was clearly very experienced and not only watched our progress but also was quick to support other teams on the river. All the teams worked together to help release one of the boats that had become wrapped around a rock. The scenary was beautiful with Brown's canyon the highlight of the trip. Lunch was fantastic with fresh fillings to make up our own sandwiches as well as fruit and cookies. All in all a brilliant day although I think I may ache in the morning.

Visited August 2013