“Cozy and Quaint”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Vista Court Cabins & Lodge
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in cabin #6 and I was pleasantly surprised to find our beds so comfortable. The cabin was so cute with old books available to read which came handy since I have teenagers who monopolize the bathroom and I did a lot of waiting! Nice fridge, microwave, stove and plenty of towels. Wifi worked better out on the front porch but we only needed it to get directions to a few trails. We also loved the deer that hung out with us just 5-10 ft away! My husband loved that we could leave the windows open all night and there was a fan in every room. The only negative I could find was that there was no air conditioning which is really no big deal since we were either hiking or on the river during the day. I would recommend this place if you want a "homey" place to stay. The staff was friendly too.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Tex_Eve

Reviewed 22 June 2014

As I found out from the owners, most of the cabins were built in the "40's" (or there about) so they have that log cabin feel - built at a time when less was more, so think "cozy", "compact", and "clean". The grounds are kept immaculate and deer meander through the property, there are great views of the Collegiate Peaks, huge, shady crack willow trees keep everything cool, and a walk into downtown is only 20 minutes. The cabins are near the turnoff to get either to the hot springs in Nathrop or go to St. Elmo's ghost town through the Chalk Canyons. It's a great place to stay to access a beautiful part of Colorado. It's close to coffee shops and great restaurants and it is set up so you can enjoy time with your family.

Room Tip: Decide what you need-some are just for 2 folks and some are for families. Rooms are small and good f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank seholm
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This was pretty good for a set of cabins. I only gave it three stars for a lot of bad things that doesn't cut it for a "mountain getaway".

Let's start with the pros:
It was a nice cabin.
Had 2 twin, 1 queen, perfect arrangements for our family.
Great outside activities
Good nice service.

Now for the hard part. The cons:
The wall between the two rooms didn't do anything.
The heater was on 65 and was cooking us alive.
It was not in downtown, but there was more traffic then in most cities.
No paper towels
Our room had a view to someone's garage.

My wife and 7 year old loved it, but it was partiall to me and my 10 year old. Will not return, but would recommend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Caribbean556
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The room in the lodge had a unique mountain charm with cute antiques all around. It was clean and had everything you need to be comfortable (coffee pot, can opener, deck of cards, etc). Great view of the mountains and outdoor games like shuffle board and horseshoes. Location is close to downtown but not walking distance. If you want luxury this may not be the place -- but it's definitely a great find for this cute mountain town.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Vista Court Cabins in Buena Vista over a long weekend. We wanted to explore the area as well as go to the hot springs to warm up after a long day in the snow. There are several cabins as well as a lodge on the property. We stayed in Cabin #5 which was a small, stand alone cabin. There are NO frills here so if you are looking for something a little more fancy, this won't meet your expectations. If you are looking for a cozy, clean and rustic little cabin convenient to downtown BV as well as the hot springs, Vista Court can satisfy those requirements. Our cabin had a kitchenette (fridge, coffee maker, stove, dining table), bed, small sofa, tv, as well as a nice little bathroom which I believe had a tankless water heater :). We had one parking space right beside our cabin. There was no vacancy the weekend we stayed but we never were disturbed by any other guests nor any road traffic (since it is off of the main road). There is no daily maid service for short stays but they offer options for fresh towels and trash. It is convenient to restaurants and businesses downtown, Cottonwood Hot Springs as well as a drive to St. Elmo. I would recommend giving the cabins at Vista Court a try if you are staying over in BV.

Room Tip: I would recommend choosing a stand alone cabin for a little more privacy. (Cabin #5)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nickel_travels
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I love staying in Buena Vista...Love, love, love! This is the first time we stayed at Vista Court and I was excited to check out the "inside" of the cabins driven by on previous trips.

Pros - Great views from certain cabins, reasonable price, dogs allowed, cozy set up, rustic yet very clean, bathroom has a full tub, not just a shower unit, 4 burner stove that can fit a 9x12 in the oven, full fridge kitchen set up, stove is not only nice looking, but keeps your place warm and close enough to main street to walk (if you are one who enjoys walking).

Cons - Some cabins share a wall, which are the same price as the stand alone cabins (this is not shared on the website that some stand alone cabins share a wall (E.g. Cabins 7 & 8) or when you call to book, the doors do not have springs, so if you share a wall, your cabinets shake if your neighbor doesn't manually and gently close both doors on their way in and out and you jump out of your skin if you are not expecting it. Shared yard space - you may have people walking in front of your picture window, if you don't have normal neighbors that respect they have a neighbor. We had more traffic and noise in our "getaway from the city noise" than we do at our city home-which put a damper on being able to enjoy the mountain get away.

Overall, I would stay here again....knowing that I must request a "private cabin" that doesnt' share a wall. Also, Vista Court - PLEASE get some springs for your doors that do share walls....80% of the hardware is already there - just finish the 5 minute job of attaching the spring.

Room Tip: Beautiful views from Cabin 8. This cabin does share a wall with cabin 7 - not as private as a stand...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ORourkies
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had stayed previously at the Vista Court but in one of the lodge rooms...it was a little small but other than that entirely satisfactory. The cabins, on the other hand...were excellent. If you're used to five-star accomodations they may be a little rustic for you...but if you want something that is roomy, has everything you need, is not overly fancy at a great price...give the cabins at Vista Court a try. We only stayed one night as they were booked for the weekend (for hunting season)...I wish we'd been able to stay longer as I really liked the place.

Room Tip: Get the cabin as opposed to the lodge room. The cabin has a kitchenette and is a little more roomy...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple