“A great family fun experience”
Review of Elk Mountain Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buena Vista
Elk Mountain Ranch
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A great family fun experience”
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The ranch was great and the people who worked at the ranch were extremely nice. Be prepared for a fun day of horseback riding, relaxing, and great food with other activity options as well. The ranch is kid friendly plus has a kids program to where younger kids can play and have fun as well during the day while the older kids and adults have some time to relax. No moment is boring because there is always something to do. I would recommend it and if I could go back I would.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

This matched all our expectations and more. Fantastic family run ranch, excellent staff, delicious food and the comfiest bed I've ever slept in. The views when riding through the Rockies were outstanding. Our 12 year old son had the time of his life, as did we. Dont buy cowboy boots if budgeting as the ranch had quite alot they lent out for free. They also lent out slickers in case it rained.

Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I am a single mom who was looking for a vacation where my daughter, who loves horses and riding, and I could enjoy some much needed time away from everyday life. Elk Mountain Ranch afforded us the opportunity to acheive my goal. The staff was extremely friendly, responsive to any need we had, and treated us like part of the family. There was never any pressure to conform to a schedule or certain way. Safety and fun were the priorities.
The horses were fantastic and matched perfectly to each rider. For the non-riders, there is always something to do, even if it is just relaxing.
There were other families and couples at the Ranch the week we were there. The amazing thing about it is that after a short few hours, it seemed like we were never strangers. I attribute this to the wonderful atmosphere that Tom, Sue and the staff provide.
I would highly recommend Elk Mountain Ranch to anyone looking for peace, relaxation, and/or an exciting vacation. The scenery is very beautiful too. If you can't find something at this Ranch to make you happy, then I don't know where you will find it. My daughter and I both had the vacation of a life-time. Thank you Elk Mountain Ranch!

1 Thank marie r
dunwoody, ga
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We told our next door neighbors we were thinking about a trip to Colorado and toying with going to a dude ranch..."you should go to Elk Mountain where we took our family 20 years ago and was our best vacation ever!" Well, I guess y'all have been making the best memories for a long time. Who knew all of us (my husband & I, my son 13, my daughter 11 and son 11) would leave with tears in our eyes, hugging everyone goodbye. We kept asking ourselves what made Elm Mountain such an amazing vacation~the pace, our own cabin that was just perfect, the views that made you feel like you were in a western movie, the fabulous staff who love kids, the great food, the rides that were spectacular...and then there's the stuff that just happens like your kids playing Man Hunt with other kids at night while my husband and I were watching the stars. We can't thank you, Tom and Sue, enough for creating an atmosphere that absolutely delighted each member of our family...Love your new/old friends! The Keim family - Atlanta

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Avon Lake, Ohio
Reviewed 27 August 2011

I would highly recommend Elk Mtn Ranch. Beautiful scenery, friendly staff, great food (& plenty of it), great guests, horses matched to your ability, great variety of things to do including R&R if you choose. Very safety conscious. I was worried about them being on a generator with lights out at 11:00 ...no worries! Fantastic for families, girls week , guys week, everyone! Tom, Sue and staff truly made the ranch your home for the week. Also included top notch local entertainment two nights. Our two bedroom cabin had a king size bed in one room and two twins in the other. Full bathroom, walkin closets, living room and a porch with an amazing view of Mount Princeton. Everything was better than we expected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Elk Mountain Ranch was an amazing experience. It is small (30 guests at a time), family oriented, fantastic home cooked meals, and their employees along with Sue and Tom are incredible! The ranch itself is located in a beautiful area and the horses are well kept. The beauty of this ranch is that you have plenty of choices. We went river rafting one day which was a highlight! Another day, we chose to take the day trip to Aspen. Also incredible. Other days, the rides included breakfast or lunch, short and long rides, etc. They have great activities for the kids... and adults! The shooting, both skeet and target, was especially fun for my son. For the price, you get more than necessary. Thank you for a wonderful week full of great memories!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Elk Mountain Ranch is everything the reviews said and more. As a novice rider, I felt completely comfortable on every ride. An experienced wrangler accompanied just our family of four on each ride. The views were breathtaking. The food, service, and cabin were perfect. Sue and Tom and the staff work so hard to make sure everyone is feeling at home. They even remembered to bring my favorite tea at each meal! The food is simple and delicious. There was a wide variety of activities both on the ranch and off. Sometimes we did things as a family, and sometimes we split up. The evening activities were also special--campfires, square dancing and music. We went whitewater rafting and some of us went to Aspen via Independence Pass. We shot at targets with guns and arrows, played tetherball, air hockey, fat ball, flashlight tag and volleyball. Our son rode in the kids' rodeo and won a ribbon! We loved all the animals--goats, pigs, cats, dogs, ducks and horses! The only thing I would change would be to bring more jeans and warmer clothes...it's cool in the evenings and when it's cloudy.

2 Thank CheetoandBuddy
Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Pinon Court Cabins
Pinon Court Cabins
#3 of 3 in Buena Vista

Been to Elk Mountain Ranch? Share your experiences!